Player Watch Pick #18 (2016) - Sam Powell-Pepper

Remove this Banner Ad

Probably should give him an infraction notice for calling one of our players a nickname on our board...
This whole board should be banned. He's been given like 100 different nicknames.

After finally watching Round 1 vs the Swans, I think our draft strategy for the coming years should be to select players with double last names. We need to find the next Byrne-Jones and Powell-Peppers of this world.
To go with Jasper McMillan-Pittard, but he dropped the McMillian after his first or second year to make it easier for the commentators.

Ok I'm getting one of those too. What's the go with getting numbers?

"One number 2 please"

tumblr_n2pbz2P9981sawp8co3_400.gif

He reckons his 16 year old brother is bigger than him and reckons he should play rugby. From his 5aa interview "mate he's pretty big for his age. He's a solid bloke, I think he, I've always asked him if he wanted to do rugby, I thought he could do that I reckon. I know in the back yard he used to challenge me a bit." Hope our WA recruiters keep an eye on his brother just in case...

He was in the photos with him and his family in the rooms. Ginormous.

After finally watching Round 1 vs the Swans, I think our draft strategy for the coming years should be to select players with double last names. We need to find the next Byrne-Jones and Powell-Peppers of this world.

Take it up a notch and go for double hyphens.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Welcome to Port Adelaide Mr Byrne-Jones-McMillan-Pittard.

10qkr3b.jpg

For a long while, that image appeared on the front page of Google whenever you searched 'Charlie Dixon'. It still appears in the second line of the image search, so I can't begin to imagine how many people - from casual fans, to media personalities, to the players themselves - I have inadvertently subjected to it over the years.

There is something strange about a headline saying JAKOVICH: jakovich says this.

Then seeing article written by Glen Jakovich.

It's the equivilent of talking in third person.

...then it gets worse, reading the article it's jackovic basically talking himself up. Bizarre.

Still a good read though

Very good article by Glen Jakovich .
Like this bit..
Sam Powell-Pepper is one of my favourite players that I’ve been involved with in the academy program.
Sam was one of those kids that was very easy to coach and very easy to deal with. He was a sponge for information.
In the early years, he went through a few different homes and he was doing it pretty tough. People saw the good in him because he was a respectful kid, and then people started to support and help him.
You could see that he had good values and he wanted to be a good person. That’s why he has fast-tracked his development — he’s a kid in a hurry and he wants to play footy at the highest level.

Worth a read...:thumbsu:

For a long while, that image appeared on the front page of Google whenever you searched 'Charlie Dixon'. It still appears in the second line of the image search, so I can't begin to imagine how many people - from casual fans, to media personalities, to the players themselves - I have inadvertently subjected to it over the years.
At least this doesn't pop up.
162894_0f3d7972142cd503a53f766aca72e3e0.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back