Autopsy Cats def Dogs 104-81

Remove this Banner Ad

Suckling needs to go too. Did **** all up until 3 qt time last week and had 2 good kicks this week then did nothing. If biggs and boyd are to get dropped then so should he.

Jeez im annoyed currently. Lack of second ruck killing us as well.

As soon as Dangerfield kicked that ridiculous left foot goal i knew we were in for a tough night.

We will never be a dominant team like the hawks or Geelong in the last decade. I was hopeful after the premiership (dee of course).

We have the skills but not the effort or endeavour. We COULD win another flag with the team as it is but they just don't seem to want it.

Too much screwing around and showboating, handballing to someone under pressure 1m away... WTF EVERYTIME. Frustrating to the max.

On the positives Luke Daulhaus is a star. He is the T800 that doesn't quit.

The problem with the way we play is that we don't match up against certain sides, Geelong loves playing us, 4 points every time. They have us physically and mentally. Williams is too slow in mind, very happy with Dale's game, skill galore, Adams was good again, he killed Hawkins. Daniel hesitated a bit too much, but he is still a good player, Jong was terrific, we tried, but we were simply outgunned. Mind you, it is a bit hard when Selwood has his own set of rules to play with.
AFL is a funny game. You guys keep rolling the Swans and Pies, we have no hope of defeating either. AFL is a frustrating game to watch.

Having said that, I don't think any club would have beaten Footscray in last year's AFL Grand Final. It was a phenomenal performance.

Also, I wouldn't worry about your premiership hangover; you guys will be there when the whips are cracking.

What a disappointing ending to the game. I hadn't given up hope at half time and I thought we'd carry on in the last quarter like we did in the third. What intensity throughout. It was a great game to watch with the superb tackling from both sides. Caleb Daniel reminds me of Terry Wheeler. GUTS.

It seems like blokes who didnt play last years grand final look hungrier than several who had too big of an offseason.

Jong and wallis for starters look willing and able to play in a premiership. Who else is willing to do so?

Million dollar question!

AFL is a funny game. You guys keep rolling the Swans and Pies, we have no hope of defeating either. AFL is a frustrating game to watch.

Having said that, I don't think any club would have beaten Footscray in last year's AFL Grand Final. It was a phenomenal performance.

Also, I wouldn't worry about your premiership hangover; you guys will be there when the whips are cracking.

We are the Western Bulldogs don't come and patronise us calling us Footscray. I hate your football club and everything about it. I'm sickened we were beat by a two man team(one of which is an utter cheat) and the umpires.

Now back to the litter for you and best you duck on your way back thanks for coming.

Smashed out of the middle at times.

Cloke was a disaster at times. Utterly ineffective in the ruck and was basically responsible for geelong's first two shots in goal in the last quarter. Rough needed badly as his expense.

Boyd did his bit. Two goals and twenty possessions was an ok return. Z smith got some ball but to be honest our mids should have pressured more.

Excellent return from Wallis.

Bont was selfish at times and it cost us. Probably underdone.

Need to move on and get to 6-4. Can build from there but back to back looking increasingly unlikely.

Stupidly our playing by the rules is killing us.we are too clean and fair and end up leading the free kick count every week. But in the last quarter the umpires actually look to even the count up.

It happens every week and is costly against the best teams in close finishes.

We have to start giving away meaningless free kicks in ou forward half on rebound early in the game like everyone else.

When our forwards are out of position or late they crunch and deliberately give way frees that mean nothing when the ball is out of the area anyway.

The Umpire blows the whistle and it's play on or down field - it's meaningless - but on the stats

Over the course 2-3 quarters the umpires and opposition supporters think we are unfairly advantaged and then even it up in the last when the game is decided.

I analyzed the entire gf after Sydney supporters and others whined. 7 of our frees were just meaningless crap - late clips or pushes by forwards who were never going to have an impact anyway.

The world is full of dumbos but there is no point playing clean if it ends up a disadvantage late in games with umpires actually searching for frees against us to even the ledger in the frees count.

The forwards need crunch a few defenders late after or as they kick the ball 8/10 of the frees are meaningless and are even advantageous as even if the opposition retains possession the whistle is confusing.

We also get a lot of free kicks when we have the ball anyway which inflates the free kick tally.

This cost us the game tonight and against GWS with the trigger happy 50 against Eastern Wood.

We have in Cloke and Redpath two beasts - where the way the game is adjudicated it is to our advantage for them and Smith to crunch a few bodies early in games illegally

I'm sick and tired of our reputation of winning the free count. It's because we play fairly - well **** it - let's hurt some bodies.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm talking about calling him a traitor. I know he's doing some coaching down there.

It was more tough in cheek, I love Johno, but coaching their forwardline and then picking Geelong tonight didn't sit well with me.

To go from such a dominant contested team last year to getting spanked in centre clearances and CP this year is surely not just because of third man up rule. Don't fix something that isn't broke ffs.

That was one of the strangest games I've ever seen.

Bailey Dale was good. Dicko is a very good player.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back