Review Dees v Collingwood: Judgement Day. The Good, Bad & Fugly

Remove this Banner Ad

Forgot to say this on my analysis but can Clayton Oliver please lower his F****ing eyes!

Lower his eyes? Can't get much lower than where he is for his 2 feet handballs... I want to see him break from a stoppage and use his feet more. Also like to see him push forward and take a mark, hit the scoreboard!

Real Friggin' Ugly:

Oliver trying to toe poke a congested ball rather than pick it up.
Woods player actually puts head over ball - wins it and feeds out for an eventual goal to them.
Sums up how we played all day

Soft

I don't see how the week off will help that drastically. We basically had our best 22 out there minus 1. We just brought watts back off average vfl form and Salem off a suspension to shore up the side.
I don't think a week off will change half a season of average footy.
It won't hurt that's for sure. Today was our best 22 on paper but clearly there are blokes struggling. A week off is just what we need. This is just my opinion. We're still the second youngest side every week .

I don't get the if we make it we don't deserve it though. Do the Eagles deserve to make it? If we finish 8th we've deserved it.

It won't hurt that's for sure. Today was our best 22 on paper but clearly there are blokes struggling. A week off is just what we need. This is just my opinion. We're still the second youngest side every week .

I don't get the if we make it we don't deserve it though. Do the Eagles deserve to make it? If we finish 8th we've deserved it.
Where do people get these "youngest side" stats? I've seen about 8 sides as the "youngest" week to week?

We've run into finals on s**t form, you seem to be taking "deserved" too literally. We don't "deserve" it because we decided to give up when we had a chance to earn a spot.

Gawn and Jones are meant to be two of our key leaders. Got three fifths of **** all from both of them.
I am filthy at both of them. Absolutely cowardly effort considering what was at stake. For a guy that played that final in 2006, you'd think he would leave no stone unturned finding his best effort in getting us up.

Don't get me started on Max 'Media' Gawn. Pull your head in mate, you're out of form and you cost us big time today.

Is there a mathematical chance the aints could beat Richmond and we play Richmond in a final?
Imagine that the team that hasn't played finals since 06, vs the team that actually has not won a final in how long?
Absolutely. If Richmond lose and Port win they'll be 6th. WC have to lose obviously, as does Essendon. Mathematically yes. Likelihood? No! The chance of Fremantle winning is slim.

Where do people get these "youngest side" stats? I've seen about 8 sides as the "youngest" week to week?

We've run into finals on s**t form, you seem to be taking "deserved" too literally. We don't "deserve" it because we decided to give up when we had a chance to earn a spot.
The stats are easy to find . Week to week we've been the second youngest side give or take the odd week where we might be the youngest or 3rd youngest. You might think that means s**t but that's your opinion.

Yeah we had a chance to earn a spot today and we didn't take it. But after 22 weeks if we finish 8th given the challenges we've had this year then yes we deserve it. Which team outside the 8 currently deserves it more?

The stats are easy to find . Week to week we've been the second youngest side give or take the odd week where we might be the youngest or 3rd youngest. You might think that means s**t but that's your opinion.

Yeah we had a chance to earn a spot today and we didn't take it. But after 22 weeks if we finish 8th given the challenges we've had this year then yes we deserve it. Which team outside the 8 currently deserves it more?
I didn't say it means s**t. I asked where the stats are for each game...probably could've just linked them instead of getting pissy about something I didn't say

Again. You take it far too literally. You're arguing the view that anyone who finishes in the eight is "deserving of it" and thus performances don't matter. The fact we are relying on teams to lose so we can stay in there show s how little we deserve it. We have been rolled by numerous bottom 8 sides, so I'm not sure why you're stuck on semantics (not to mention 'deserve' will be entirely subjective)

You're obviously much happier with maybe falling into the 8 depending on other teams losing than I am. That's fine.

I didn't say it means s**t. I asked where the stats are for each game...probably could've just linked them instead of getting pissy about something I didn't say

Again. You take it far too literally. You're arguing the view that anyone who finishes in the eight is "deserving of it" and thus performances don't matter. The fact we are relying on teams to lose so we can stay in there show s how little we deserve it. We have been rolled by numerous bottom 8 sides, so I'm not sure why you're stuck on semantics (not to mention 'deserve' will be entirely subjective)

You're obviously much happier with maybe falling into the 8 depending on other teams losing than I am. That's fine.
Mate I just wanna play a final so yes if we fall in I'll be happy.

So by your logic here you're saying we don't deserve to make it because we're now relying on others ? West coast deserve to make it even though they were relying on us losing today?

Does losing to bottom 8 sides mean we deserve to miss even if we have wins like Adelaide in Adelaide. West coast have lost to Collingwood and St kilda in the last month and barely scraped home against Carlton at home. Yes we should have beaten some lower teams but why do the Eagles deserve 8th more than us. The teams below us are there for a reason

Mate I just wanna play a final so yes if we fall in I'll be happy.

So by your logic here you're saying we don't deserve to make it because we're now relying on others ? West coast deserve to make it even though they were relying on us losing today?

Does losing to bottom 8 sides mean we deserve to miss even if we have wins like Adelaide in Adelaide. West coast have lost to Collingwood and St kilda in the last month and barely scraped home against Carlton at home. Yes we should have beaten some lower teams but why do the Eagles deserve 8th more than us. The teams below us are there for a reason
You're still arguing it on the most literal basis and it seems only on the basis that you want us there.

We've played 5 weeks of very average games. And even before that looked bottom 8 for large patches. Today was just icing on the cake. Our players didn't want it badly, to me that's undeserving.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You're still arguing it on the most literal basis and it seems only on the basis that you want us there.

We've played 5 weeks of very average games. And even before that looked bottom 8 for large patches. Today was just icing on the cake. Our players didn't want it badly, to me that's undeserving.
You seem to just want to argue for the sake of arguing. Yes I want us there. Is that unreasonable even if we didn't perform today?

Again we had our chance today and stuffed up. You say our players didn't want it badly . I think that's crap. I have no doubt everyone of the 22 wanted it as much as me and you. Were they physically capable of delivering what they wanted to do I'm not sure.

Again you're saying we don't deserve it because we haven't taken our opportunities against lesser teams. Which team deserves our spot? I'll keep it simple , if after 23 rounds we finish in the 8 we deserve it more than the 10 teams that haven't. If the Eagles are good enough to knock us out tomorrow congratulations to them. They deserve it

f453e23f42d3d326a04ed0d424cf9b45--wedding-veils-wedding-bride.jpg

**** the veil :thumbsdown:
Embrace the vail

Good: Supporter disdain for our Phuk-hole football club.

Bad: All of the players mentioned so far.

Ugly: 51 a-hole, campaigner lip, **** face, ball bag, dick weed, soft utensil, lung cookie, poo stain, dirty nappy, s**t head, poopy pants, utensil nose, busted ball sack, burst retina, vomit inducing, hair lip, premature male balding, horrific ******* cold sore, Thai-lady-boy-when-you-thought-he-was-a-she-blow-job, acid tongue ucking tackles.
This is reeeeeeraaaaaaly good. Everyone read it again

You seem to just want to argue for the sake of arguing. Yes I want us there. Is that unreasonable even if we didn't perform today?

Again we had our chance today and stuffed up. You say our players didn't want it badly . I think that's crap. I have no doubt everyone of the 22 wanted it as much as me and you. Were they physically capable of delivering what they wanted to do I'm not sure.

Again you're saying we don't deserve it because we haven't taken our opportunities against lesser teams. Which team deserves our spot? I'll keep it simple , if after 23 rounds we finish in the 8 we deserve it more than the 10 teams that haven't. If the Eagles are good enough to knock us out tomorrow congratulations to them. They deserve it
Mate you're obviously one of those overly emotional positive dees fans. I pretty explicitly said that "deserves" is going to be subjective and that you're arguing it on a very literal meaning. I've explained myself, and if you want to accuse me of arguing for the sake of it, that's on you, I've said it's fine for you to hold your view, you're the one trying to argue it still

Hotdees can you link to the youngest side each week stats please?
I'm still waiting too. He told me it was easy to find and then ignored me when I asked again

Hey mate I'm. It clever enough to link it but they are easily available on footywire.com
It's not in the basic or advanced game stats...

A minor issue in the scheme of things, but what did people make of Dunn celebrating like that at the end of the game?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back