Random Things on Your Mind (Part 5)

Remove this Banner Ad

The cabbies thing makes me laugh.

I mean I understand, I'd be pissed too if someone came into my industry and didnt have to pay all the fees associated...
BUT

You're not the only industry this has happened to.

You think people that owned video stores, or own TAB outlets (two dying businesses) are complaining as much as these cabbies?
What about companies that made typewriters or whatever...

These things happen. Adapt or die.

You've thrived all these years with no competition and absolutely s**t service. Maybe if you'd provided a good service to start with people wouldnt have moved?

I agree. However I feel for the cabbie not the industry. It appears from a distance that to cut costs (while still charging a premium) they have targeted unskilled foreign immigrants with some struggling to even speak the most basic of English. Seemed to be a trend that we picked up from the USA to save a bit of coin. The problem now is that cabbies are paid so little and a reduction of fares will hit them far harder than the actual companies themselves. Really this is nothing more than a symptom of the Taxi industry refusing to adapt, instead they are hiding behind the underpaid workers to try and put pressure on the government to target Uber. As you said, adapt or die!

I agree. However I feel for the cabbie not the industry. It appears from a distance that to cut costs (while still charging a premium) they have targeted unskilled foreign immigrants with some struggling to even speak the most basic of English. Seemed to be a trend that we picked up from the USA to save a bit of coin. The problem now is that cabbies are paid so little and a reduction of fares will hit them far harder than the actual companies themselves. Really this is nothing more than a symptom of the Taxi industry refusing to adapt, instead they are hiding behind the underpaid workers to try and put pressure on the government to target Uber. As you said, adapt or die!

Agreed.
The gov needs to reduce the cost of Taxi plates, while not changing the numbers etc.
If the drivers arent invested themselves I'm not sure why they havent already left.

My view has always been that the taxi plates being able to be used as an investment by the holders has been the major problem in the whole taxi industry.
Most of them never even ever owned a taxicab nor driven one.
I hold no sympathy whatsoever for those types of investors now complaining about the decrease in value of the plates ...... they never complained when the market value of their plates increased by huge %
The owner drivers who hold a plate and bought a taxi and driven it themselves i can sympathise somewhat with.
The ones most screwed by the system are the taxi drivers at the bottom of the chain who in many cases were working for barely $10 per hour and also taxicab owners/drivers who did not own a plate but paid huge amounts to lease one from the investors.
Not sure how correct my views are as i have no industry contacts but were framed by my observations in doing tax returns for many in the industry ranging from the plate investors down to the taxi drivers.

Not helping their cause one bit by doing that........I'd be furious if I couldn't get into the airport to catch a flight because some bozos were protesting and blocking the entrance.

I'm imagining quite a lot of angry people atm.

Melbourne Airport are now just towing the taxis away. 2 got towed last night and more townies are on standby today.
i ******* love that!

DISGUSTING ......needs to continually profiled

That so sad and sickening. I wonder if the kid is dead. Damn.

Im not sure any amount of martial arts training can prepare you for a coward king hit. Ive always been trained to be always always be aware of your surroundings. I wonder what the history was for that hit from behind. No justification, but Im wondering.

That so sad and sickening. I wonder if the kid is dead. Damn.

Im not sure any amount of martial arts training can prepare you for a coward king hit. Ive always been trained to be always always be aware of your surroundings. I wonder what the history was for that hit from behind. No justification, but Im wondering.
Well want worse news again !!!! .....read this in horror

Several witnesses run up to the victim as Maldonado walks away. Police said they don't believe Maldonado knew the man he attacked. The teen is currently wanted for aggravated assault.

Police Lt. Chad Pino told ABC 13 that the victim, a 30-year-old male, was severely injured and spent several days in the hospital.

A motive for the vicious punch is still unclear, although officers think it may have been a part of the "Knockout Game," a dangerous video trend where teens sneak up on unsuspecting people and punch them in the face

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Like most people when I initially joined Facebook it was all about the numbers - how can people possibly have more than 250 Facebook friends. Anyhow is it just me or do others also find a chunk of their Facebook “friends” are just narcissistic tossers.

“This is a photo of me eating a sandwich” ....”here’s another photo me doing absolutely nothing of interest”

Am I bad person?

Like most people when I initially joined Facebook it was all about the numbers - how can people possibly have more than 250 Facebook friends. Anyhow is it just me or do others also find a chunk of their Facebook “friends” are just narcissistic tossers.

“This is a photo of me eating a sandwich” ....”here’s another photo me doing absolutely nothing of interest”

Am I bad person?
I keep mine as people I actually know and have 107 FB friends. I have actively unfriended those who have filled my feed with crap.

Now I'm at the age where my feed is filled with people breeding and complaining about how tired they are because of the babies. It's nice to look at and be glad that I'm not doing that!

I keep mine as people I actually know and have 107 FB friends. I have actively unfriended those who have filled my feed with crap.

Now I'm at the age where my feed is filled with people breeding and complaining about how tired they are because of the babies. It's nice to look at and be glad that I'm not doing that!

Have a mate who pretty only posts about her 'babies'.

I detest their kids as a result.

Digging an old thread up here but couldn't think of a more appropriate place to post that I became a father today :) My wife gave birth to a beautiful baby girl around lunch time.

Still trying to wrap my head around this whole dad thing, but I assume I'll work it out on the fly!
Awesome! Congrats

Did you go with Taylor or Rory?

Digging an old thread up here but couldn't think of a more appropriate place to post that I became a father today :) My wife gave birth to a beautiful baby girl around lunch time.

Still trying to wrap my head around this whole dad thing, but I assume I'll work it out on the fly!
Congrats mate, it’ll come in no time.
Getting the hang of girls atm too.
The days will sometimes seem slow but soon enough you’ll look back and think where did that time go?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back