Universal Love Welcome to Hawthorn: Jarman Impey extends to 2026!

Remove this Banner Ad

So this is our strategy from now on? Just trade away all our draft picks for “ready made” players?

Our first pick this year is pick 43. They shouldn’t even bother turning up.

Good luck with the direction you are taking this club.

I think this is a reasonable deal, if Jarman can improve his disposals it will be a great deal. To those that say 4th rounders are rubbish, just remember we picked up Mitchell Lewis and Harry Morrison with two end of 4th round picks. If next years draft is as good as some suggest the 4th rounder may result in a very decent return. I would have been happier if we had of kept our 4th, but fingers crossed he makes me eat humble pie.

On SM-G900I using BigFooty.com mobile app

Once you get to the end of the draft there's not much difference in the picks. Cousins and Morrison were about 50 picks apart. Chances are we could have taken cousins in the ND and Morrison at pick 46 in the RD rather than the way we actually landed them. Outside of the top 30, there's not heaps of overlap between who's on the target lists of different clubs.

Doesn't really matter if you have pick 50, pick 75 or pick 100. All that matters is that you have a recruitment team that can find potential and a development system that can turn a decent proportion of them into AFL players.

So this is our strategy from now on? Just trade away all our draft picks for “ready made” players?

LOL - do you even Hawthorn, bro?

Nope, they are going to trade in picks or other experianced players, whatever is more appealing.

Very confident in the direction that GW and Clarko are taking us.

On SM-G900I using BigFooty.com mobile app

Sucks if you prefer reading about 17 year draft prospects more than winning flags...

Not a criticism... personally I love the blind hope offered by high draft picks!

450a7b6e07239b6ee4382b10b8cca9b3.gif

You've got a very unique player on your hands. Athletic skill-set with pretty amazing lateral movement, but can't kick. Could be a gun for you, could be a fizzer. Hope he's a gun.
Maybe we could send him and Langers up to the Gold Coast for the summer to Stewie Dew's kicking school, incognito of course, proprieties and all that!

That has been the strategy for a while.

Have a look at any draft and see what is selected in the 30-40 pick range. It is a 1 in 10 chance.

2010 Howe Parker
2011 Hill
2012 no one
2013 Nankervis

Picks in the 60's is an out and out crap shoot. Although the Hawks best contested marking forward was selected with pick 66.

Sell every pick after pick 20 I say

Have you paid attention to our last decade of trading, go troll somewhere else brah.

Last edited:
The deal is excellent.

No guarantees our pick 33 would have played. Has shown enough for his age with loads of upside.!

Definitely a win.

KOLOKOTRONIS

Completely agree.

We've basically given up pick 33 for him.

In a weak draft sliding back a few spots in the later rounds this year means little, since by those picks, everyone is picking speculative players and very few even have the same targets on their list.

A fourth round pick next year will be around the mid 60s too, so once again very speculative.

Good deal by the Hawks.

#InWrightITrust

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If you’re “BuddysBiggestFan”, he plays for the Swans.

Try checking out the Bondi nightlife.

Everything we are reading is that we will move picks and players to get further up, but it is a weak draft.

Imps is also 22 I think, so ten years of footy ahead of him. Hardly like trading pick 33 for a 28 years old.

In addition, everyone knows we need mroe speed. Maybe the Hawks don't think there is a decent player with speed outside the top 20 picks or so...

Looks like perfect replacement for poppy in long term.. Pick 33 for 75 gamer with very little injury record is great deal.

Welcome to hawthorn

The message on instagram and how he doesn't over celebrate goals makes me think he is of good character. At 22 there is time to fix any technical problems and he is ready for the grind of a full season. If Clarko wants him he has a role ready for him.

I'm fascinatd to see where they play him. We are chocked full down back but no one has his speed. We have enough fast defensive small forwards, so I think they believe they can turn him into a wingman...

Hard to get excited about this trade to be honest.

Average on field and has had issues off field.

Lets hope he proves me wrong we need something to go well after last years trade period debacle.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back