Political Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back to the Feds for a minute, these latest tax announcements should be enough to convince anyone that Bill and Bowen have no effing idea about how the tax system works in this country

This crusade against franking credits is only going to hurt low income earners and pensioners who may have a few Telstra or AMP shares from old insurance policies

Just like the changes proposed to trusts, the rich will just work around them.
Credlin explains it well.

Robin Hood Economics....

And when they do win the next election how much of that extra tax income will go to paying down the debt and thus lowering the interest being paid on the country's debt. I'll tip zero, it'll just be a Labor spendathon on steroids as they've shown in recent times.
Robin Hood only robbed from the rich

What your detailed analysis also glossed over was when we are more expensive we are a lot more expensive, when we are cheapest it’s just.

As for the odds, so SA was more expensive 10/12 or 5/6, with those odds I reckon Marty would bet SA has the most expensive power costs.

Interesting - i presented data, and made three statements, the first two of which are true - on occasions we are cheapest, and on occasions we are dearest. I have to trust Rod Stewart for the last statement, but he's never steered me wrong before. I never claimed anything other than what i presented.

However, you said

I think you’re clutching with sometimes we are the cheapest

When it's plainly obvious with the data i presented. Hell, it's a screenshot, it's not like i could mistype and falsify it.

I'll ignore your claim that a 1 in 6 occurence is rare, pray you're not invited to a game of Russian Roulette, and instead end with an assertion that it is you who so plainly want the power costs to be highest in SA, to fit your agenda. You're the only person here that has misrepresented data. It doesn't matter if SA is most expensive on average - it probably is - but to boldly claim that we aren't sometimes the cheapest when it's right in front of you is Trumpian in delusion.

Again, i see why the Liberals like supply-side economics.

Also, i don't know who Marty is.

I notice the Libs have posters up in Lee saying ‘Save the QEH’.

I don’t recall Labor saying they will close the QEH in this campaign. Not to mention it’s a bit rich the Libs expecting us to trust them with public hospitals...
There are labour signs near me that say save the QEH haha

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Robin Hood only robbed from the rich
That's true but I don't think they've thought this through too deeply as to how much it's going to hurt the "little" people that will be hit even harder than those they think they're targeting. Neither main party can be trusted any more , they're both as bad as one another.

This article from 15 Jan 2018. The indisputable truth is SA does have the dearest electricity for whatever reason.

https://www.canstarblue.com.au/energy/electricity/electricity-costs-kwh/
lrfMWY.jpg
This one's wrong because it uses single rate tariffs. I think it also excludes supply charges, or isn't clear on that or if that is incorporated into the price etc.

Lets assume its right though. It still doesn't really explain how our prices got so high, for that you still need to go elsewhere. When you look there you find price gouging in the market, the rise of gas prices etc.

It gets annoying to have to explain this to you. Why don't you go and try and get to the bottom of the story rather than pushing a bandwagon?

I have Libs at 23, ALP at 18, SAB at 2, Independents at 3.

Williams will side with Libs on confidence and supply and that will be enough for them to govern in own right.

For the record I have Tarzia winning Hartley, but SA Best winning in Enfield and Port Adelaide (hence why my ALP is much lower).
Just going by betting markets I had Libs at 24

Bell and Brock will go with the Libs too

Back to the Feds for a minute, these latest tax announcements should be enough to convince anyone that Bill and Bowen have no effing idea about how the tax system works in this country

This crusade against franking credits is only going to hurt low income earners and pensioners who may have a few Telstra or AMP shares from old insurance policies

Just like the changes proposed to trusts, the rich will just work around them.

Can you explain it for us/me, I'm pretty keen to know how it works then?

That's true but I don't think they've thought this through too deeply as to how much it's going to hurt the "little" people that will be hit even harder than those they think they're targeting. Neither main party can be trusted any more , they're both as bad as one another.
If they’d just said it was for SMSFs then it would have been more palatable as it is normally those better off who have SMSFs.

Can you explain it for us/me, I'm pretty keen to know how it works then?
Franked dividends have a franking credit which is essentially a tax credit for the shareholder on dividends where the company has already paid its own company tax at 30%

So at the end of the day, the franking credit means you personally pay top up tax, or receive a refund, based on the differential between your personal income tax rate, and the company tax rate

If you pay tax at 45%, you pay an extra 15%

If you pay tax at 15%, you’ll get a refund of 15%. Note this will still apply under Labors changes.

If you pay no tax, because you’re a pensioner earning below the tax free threshold, you currently get a refund of all the franking credits. This is what Shorten and Bowen want to take away.

This one's wrong because it uses single rate tariffs. I think it also excludes supply charges, or isn't clear on that or if that is incorporated into the price etc.

Lets assume its right though. It still doesn't really explain how our prices got so high, for that you still need to go elsewhere. When you look there you find price gouging in the market, the rise of gas prices etc.

It gets annoying to have to explain this to you. Why don't you go and try and get to the bottom of the story rather than pushing a bandwagon?
Well do please excuse me...

I'd suggest the author of the article you referred to might have a clue or two re energy prices...

https://au.linkedin.com/in/brendon-o-neill-43a317111

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Vader

Interested in your views on the United Nations Human Rights Council's lack of action in the current happenings in South Africa where the Government of newly elected President Ramaphosa is confiscating white farmer's land without compensation but even worse the murders of numerous farmers and their families by lawless gangs.
Is this not of the worst kind racism?.
No different to what happened in Zimbabwe, under Robert Mugabe. Absolutely disgraceful.

Interesting - i presented data, and made three statements, the first two of which are true - on occasions we are cheapest, and on occasions we are dearest. I have to trust Rod Stewart for the last statement, but he's never steered me wrong before. I never claimed anything other than what i presented.

However, you said

When it's plainly obvious with the data i presented. Hell, it's a screenshot, it's not like i could mistype and falsify it.

I'll ignore your claim that a 1 in 6 occurence is rare, pray you're not invited to a game of Russian Roulette, and instead end with an assertion that it is you who so plainly want the power costs to be highest in SA, to fit your agenda. You're the only person here that has misrepresented data. It doesn't matter if SA is most expensive on average - it probably is - but to boldly claim that we aren't sometimes the cheapest when it's right in front of you is Trumpian in delusion.

Again, i see why the Liberals like supply-side economics.

Also, i don't know who Marty is.
This stemmed from Relapse stating electricity prices aren’t a SA issue but a national one. Yes they are but this doesn’t take away from the fact we are the most expensive for a majority of the time, the data you supplied supported it with 10 of 12 days and on many occasions much higher.

You provided the data with a claim sometimes we are the cheapest, woopee, 2 out of 12 times we were just cheaper. In the scheme of the debate that is insignificant, surely you can see that?

They'd better explain this better than they have so far because they will get destroyed at the next polls. They've already given the Libs a free kick and taken pressure off of Turnbull.

I got a robocall last night telling me Jay W has a secret plan to raise the GST to 15%

It must be a bloody good plan, last i heard all the states & territories had to agree to get it to move

Not sure if it will be effective as a scare campaign - it's a bit out of nowhere

One SA Lib. policy that has been overlooked and would be devastating for small business, is the deregulation of shopping hours. If this went ahead, being pushed by the likes of Woolies and Coles, then the small grocer (even the IGA's and Woodland), butcher, baker could be forced out of business.

There has been a fair bit of discussion on local radio and of course all small businesses saying they would be destroyed.

Adelaide is too small to try and be like the bigger cities of the world. Even Poland has decided to close all large shops on a Sunday. The UK's biggest supermarket chain is also not open on Sundays, the same in Germany regarding large shopping centres or cities.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back