No Oppo Supporters General AFL and other clubs discussion thread. **Opposition fans not welcome** Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tim Watson said similar on SEN this morning. When Essendon took him on at the club Tim received a call from someone at Geelong asking him was he aware of the issues that Bomber had.

Every chance they are right and so defamation won't be an issue here. However - if he somehow got found innocent then they're playing with fire.

Good to see the * still pulled the trigger on his employment after being informed he potentially had issues with substance abuse. Quality organisation.

More on this....

‘Everyone knew’: Explosive claim - news.com.au https://apple.news/Ak-fCWRaMSqewywO8fBhOiw
No punches pulled there. Had to laugh at Sheedy saying Bomber wasn't the same when he came back - implying it was all Geelong's influence. It's their fault James pumped his players ful of drugs and got suspended for a year.

No punches pulled there. Had to laugh at Sheedy saying Bomber wasn't the same when he came back - implying it was all Geelong's influence. It's their fault James pumped his players ful of drugs and got suspended for a year.

Sheedy does speak some nonsense at times...

Mike Sheehan on sen saying its not overly surprising this has come out and that it links back to his geelong days...

Tim Watson said similar on SEN this morning. When Essendon took him on at the club Tim received a call from someone at Geelong asking him was he aware of the issues that Bomber had.

This is what I don't get, Watson was the "architect" of this whole bomber/hird to essendon thing. A geelong person and acquaintance of Tim and bomber, goes out of their way to call Watson to raise what I'm sure would be a very uncomfortable accusation of serious off field issues.

And Watsons response, was Nahhhh cant be true, I know bomber. we played together. he would never do that. Why the hell wouldn't you open a line of enquiry with a private investigator or others in the industry to validate or deny this? rather lets just ignore it and give him a job at the club as coach.

He then went on to say that bomber was asked flat out by essendon board (he intentionally mentioned David Evan's name) asked bomber if he was on drugs. Which bomber said no too. What response did you expect a drug user to say? oh yes, I love a few shards with my cornflakes??? wtf?

How many coincidences, misunderstandings etc... does geelong/essendon need to have with drugs and club sanctioned hires? When is a reporter going to grow some nuts and start picking at the edges of some of these stories?

To give him the benefit of the doubt, if bomber did have any issues at Geelong and Essendon they may have well been through prescribed medications which would account for the “strange” behaviour and maybe it’s moved on from that once he has been left to his own devices and no longer involved in footy. There’s also no proof to date that I’m awarw of that he’s actually a user rather than just a dealer. Heaps of money to be made on the drug scene and if he does have bikie connections the lure of a quick buck may have been too strong to ignore.

Thomas is a loose canon, but the general point he is making is quite worthwhile. There is now emerging a casual retrospection and admission, along the lines of : "Oh yeah, well, we kind of knew, but not really." There has seemingly been on ongoing awareness that this great football identity had some significant issues and yet he remained intimately involved in football at the highest level with important roles and significant duty of care to a list of players (and the code more generally).

This is another huge indictment on the EFC and the AFL. Not only did EFC appoint him in 2010 in spite of whatever "noise" they may have heard about him at that time, they reappointed him in 2014 after the supplements (aka performance enhancing drugs) saga, despite an Interim CEO arguing strongly against it. And the AFL seemingly gives the appointment the big "tick", even the second time. It is remarkable how little comment or reporting there currently is on how this issue relates to the supplement (aka performance enhancing drugs) saga, with reference to the decisions made and supported by both the EFC and the AFL. Perhaps that will change in coming weeks/months, but I doubt it.

To be honest, it really makes me angry.

To give him the benefit of the doubt, if bomber did have any issues at Geelong and Essendon they may have well been through prescribed medications which would account for the “strange” behaviour and maybe it’s moved on from that once he has been left to his own devices and no longer involved in footy. There’s also no proof to date that I’m awarw of that he’s actually a user rather than just a dealer. Heaps of money to be made on the drug scene and if he does have bikie connections the lure of a quick buck may have been too strong to ignore.
Like the judge said, he already has access to large sums of money and a yacht. Why TF does he want to get into dealing!? That's the part that, if true, would make me have an even lower opinion of him. Getting into dealing to support your habit is one thing, getting into it for the fun of it, that's absolutely reprehensible!

Sent from my RNE-L02 using Tapatalk

Mike Sheehan on sen saying its not overly surprising this has come out and that it links back to his geelong days...

This is what I don't get, Watson was the "architect" of this whole bomber/hird to essendon thing. A geelong person and acquaintance of Tim and bomber, goes out of their way to call Watson to raise what I'm sure would be a very uncomfortable accusation of serious off field issues.

And Watsons response, was Nahhhh cant be true, I know bomber. we played together. he would never do that. Why the hell wouldn't you open a line of enquiry with a private investigator or others in the industry to validate or deny this? rather lets just ignore it and give him a job at the club as coach.

He then went on to say that bomber was asked flat out by essendon board (he intentionally mentioned David Evan's name) asked bomber if he was on drugs. Which bomber said no too. What response did you expect a drug user to say? oh yes, I love a few shards with my cornflakes??? wtf?

How many coincidences, misunderstandings etc... does geelong/essendon need to have with drugs and club sanctioned hires? When is a reporter going to grow some nuts and start picking at the edges of some of these stories?

Could not agree more. This is the type of argument I was trying to get at it my post.

Like the judge said, he already has access to large sums of money and a yacht. Why TF does he want to get into dealing!? That's the part that, if true, would make me have an even lower opinion of him. Getting into dealing to support your habit is one thing, getting into it for the fun of it, that's absolutely reprehensible!

Sent from my RNE-L02 using Tapatalk

You will actually find lots of dealers are rarely users. There are of course those that deal to buy there own s**t but I’d say there’s far more dealers who are clean and it’s just a money operation and you will rarely hear anyone say they’ve already got too much money. Drug dealing is very easy money

Anyone it’s all just speculation

I thought he said yesterday that he had no idea about his drug problems? Watson making it up as he goes along as usual.

I heard stuff about Bomber and his 'problems' way back when he was at Geelong and it came from someone who is not normally up with all the footy goss, that's how well known it was. Like I said, worst kept secret in the AFL.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Makes Essendon* look culpable for hiring him despite his obvious drug use, and Geelong negligent for knowing but refusing to intervene because he was winning them Premierships.

#WhateverItTakes #DoesntMatterWhatYouTake

I love that Grant Thomas has come out and said this. I was told 5 years ago by someone who worked for an interstate club that they knew Thompson was a coke user regularly. It was joked about regularly.

If someone from an interstate club knew this then how the f did Essendon not realise? They 100% turned a blind eye to it because he was "Mark Thompson"

No wonder that club imploded, terrible leadership and management from the top to the bottom.

According to Gil, poor old Dane Swan shouldn't have put himself in that situation.

So, people, next time you want to get down and dirty, take time out to interview your partner about whether he/she intends to take a video of proceedings and whether they might post it online. Then do an electronic sweep for surveillance devices just in case they were telling lies.

If all checks out, don't trust the neighbour, get dressed and walk away.

FFS, does Gil actually have a brain? If not, he is perfectly suited to his job - the one job in Australia that requires an idiot.

This will all be swept under the carpet like everything in the AFL world, or until the next scandal.

No one talking about the Ross Lyon incident anymore....

You're probably right, Mrp; however, on the other hand it could be the first crack in breaking the whole saga, to use a term the AFL understand, wide open, and going right back from his first years at the battery, right through to exposing the facts from Bomberland.

Nothing like a court case to get the facts. Having said this, he probably has no history, and being a first offense, a deal will be struck, and the AFL will breath a sigh of relief.

According to Gil, poor old Dane Swan shouldn't have put himself in that situation.

So, people, next time you want to get down and dirty, take time out to interview your partner about whether he/she intends to take a video of proceedings and whether they might post it online. Then do an electronic sweep for surveillance devices just in case they were telling lies.

FFS, does Gil actually have a brain? If not, he is perfectly suited to his job - the one job in Australia that requires an idiot.

From what I heard, Swan wasn't at all enthusiastic about the video even being made, so to blame him for "putting himself in that situation" goes way beyond what could reasonably be considered, as far as I'm concerned.

You're kidding me! He said THAT? Surely not.

So, was it the fault of the young lady whose photo was sent around by Nathan Broad last year? I don't think that was the company line at the time - I believe the narrative was that he (Broad) had grossly and indecently broken her trust.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back