Tom Mitchell, recovering from a broken leg and now a Hawk until the end of 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Still not on top of the AFL Brownlow Predictor. Actually behind Martin by a point. Absolutely head****ed.
Martin has had a very average year. Only in the discussion based on last years reputation. If he wins it this year it will be a bigger joke than Judd’s last Brownlow.

Martin has had a very average year. Only in the discussion based on last years reputation. If he wins it this year it will be a bigger joke than Judd’s last Brownlow.

Both of them are behind Cripps and Higgins according to the AFL tracker.

The same tracker says Tom will only poll in 7 games this year despite us winning 11 and him having 40+ possessions in over half a dozen games...

How correct is the CD brownlow predictor been in the past?
CD is a poor indicator apart from blind fred knowing dusty and danger running with it last year:

Edit
Tom outscored CD prediction by over 30%

Attachments

• AC2C9759-96D5-46AD-9313-C7F3477F605C.png
    AC2C9759-96D5-46AD-9313-C7F3477F605C.png
    183.3 KB · Views: 130
  • A92E3A19-2DA2-453E-9737-CB67E911D7E2.png
    A92E3A19-2DA2-453E-9737-CB67E911D7E2.png
    339.2 KB · Views: 126
absolute Superstar cant believe swans got rid of him should win the brownlow by a fair margin

been so much better then last year as well

He had 3 40+ possession games last year and still got 25 votes.

We had a s**t year as well.

10 40+ possession games this year in a team that's won more games and not been blown away any loss bar 1.

He will win it in a canter.
Also add in still more time to go and he has already kicked 2 more goals compared to last year, should have it wrapped up already.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Based on last yer, he should get about 30 -35 votes

Can Gawn get that many in a team with Oliver taking votes off him?

Can Cripps get that many in a team that's last by a long way and won only 2 games?

Cripps no chance, the Geelong boys steal votes off each other, as do the Pies mids... Dusty Martin has only been ok, Fyfe suspended... not sure on Gawn or Higgins, who is also getting some press... no Eagles has stood out have they?

Nathan Buckley somehow managed to make the "not worth tagging" related comments stick.

The reality is every game since has piled egg after egg on his face.

You've gotta wonder how many Hawthorn games are watched but those that continue to share Buckley's view.

The Brownlow should be a dead set monty.

I find it interesting that on the AFL.com.au article on Sheils' press conference that Sheils says that Mitchell doesn't train as much as spend the week between matches on the physio table.

I hope our reliance on him doesn't cause him to break down. He is a beast that spends much more time on field than most midfielders. Hopefully others step up more to protect and support him.

I find it interesting that on the AFL.com.au article on Sheils' press conference that Sheils says that Mitchell doesn't train as much as spend the week between matches on the physio table.

I hope our reliance on him doesn't cause him to break down. He is a beast that spends much more time on field than most midfielders. Hopefully others step up more to protect and support him.
Burgoyne barely trains too. Doing ok at 35

After some analysis, compared to other accumulating players - Tom's Metres Gained Per Possession ends up like this:

Metres Gained Possessions MG PP
T Mitchell 8132 654 12.43425
A Gaff 6983 550 12.69636
P Cripps 4546 525 8.659048
C Oliver 6700 544 12.31618

If you'll note, all quite similar - the only person who should have reputation as a crab is Cripps by the looks of this.

Others have said it and I agree now, it's the look of players that make people enamored with them. Cripps has the benefit of being tall on his side, he's unique - if Tom wasn't such a run of the mill looking bloke people would be creaming their jeans.

Maybe it's time to shave the head Tommy, shine it up real nice.

Only thing stopping him now would be a suspension.

He’s a fierce competitor but he isn’t an aggressive person. I’d be surprised if he put himself in the position to get suspended.

That incident with Goldstein earlier in the year simply proved that he’s not the type to rough other players up. The fact he was so bad at that saved him from actually making the contact with the force that would have seen him get weeks.

Just keep on keepin on with winning the ball and pulling us over the line.

Watching the Tommy gun's performance each week and agree with Player Ratings.

He continues to improve post bye (how is this possible?!) and has clutch goal kicking qualities.

Sneaking suspicion he is handling the tag better by increasing his already phenomenal work-rate (how is this possible?!).

Keen to hear other posters opinions - or am I just looking at it through brown and gold tinted glasses

Remove this Banner Ad

Back