Resource 2019 Membership Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

I use the phone. It's always a good experience and the people are really nice.

I should request to have a chat to Scotty while I'm on the phone to them.

/lol remember when Bomber actually phoned up members in his spare time :tearsofjoy:

I told that story to some year 7 students just a few weeks ago about how we ran onto the ground twice when Snr missed that goal very narrowly, yet we assumed he had it. And that ground announcer kept yelling HE DIDNT KICK IT, GET OFF THE GROUND HE DIDNT KICK IT.

Fun times. I miss players kicking 100 goals.

I remember the one at the G me and mum had a christening to go to that day, yet we still went to the game praying he would get it in the first half, so we could leave for our other commitment. He didnt disappoint :)
Haha I so remember that. "He didn't kick it"
The G one was good cause the crowd was so small they let us sit in the bottom level of the Olympic stand and I got to run on. Was great.

Last edited:
I should request to have a chat to Scotty while I'm on the phone to them.

/lol remember when Bomber actually phoned up members in his spare time :tearsofjoy:
Bomber was awesome! Phoning members, driving for hours just to meet potential draftees we might take in the 2nd round.
Trying to coach, run the whole footy dept and do media commitments at the same time.
I wish Chris Scott was coked up and flying sometimes.

You guys worry about membership stuff so early. I don't even think about renewing until February.

I only worry now because my membership will roll over in a couple of weeks and to avoid losing my seat I absolutely have to renew by mid-December. Not sure what would happen if I waited until February

I only worry now because my membership will roll over in a couple of weeks and to avoid losing my seat I absolutely have to renew by mid-December. Not sure what would happen if I waited until February

Yeah that has not changed- I had a reserved seat for years and let it go a while back.

Always had to renew in November/early Dec and fair enough too imo.
Any membership tho without a seat, yeah nah they can wait.

Email back from the club:

The only time you are added to the automatic rollover is if you renew online (where the automatic rollover is stated during this process) or if you choose to opt for monthly instalments.

If you do not wish to be added to the automatic rollover in future, I would recommend calling us to renew and this way we can ensure your membership will not automatically renew.

So I will be ensuring I just ring them in Feb each year, and thus avoiding all this. All good.

That is the most moronic thing I have read in a while. In a day and age when most things are online we have to make a call to not opt in, just bizarre.

Stop talkin crazy Milburn..
I've tried the online membership thing in the past, but because I do it once a year, do you think I can remember my frickin' password?
And calling the club is so easy. There never seems to be a queue like banks and telcos etc.
And I was serious, the people they employ are genuinely nice, and unlike my computer, they will answer my questions.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've tried the online membership thing in the past, but because I do it once a year, do you think I can remember my frickin' password?
And calling the club is so easy. There never seems to be a queue like banks and telcos etc.
And I was serious, the people they employ are genuinely nice, and unlike my computer, they will answer my questions.

Yeah i think i had a chat about footy in general to them when i rang up.

They are always pretty good to deal with.

I went into the club this afternoon to have a chat about my membership (I was in town so didn't really have to go out of my way).

I have received a credit towards my membership next year from reselling my seat at two matches earlier in the season - on the first email it showed the credit, but I had to update a few details which meant logging in & looking at my invoice, plus choosing my membership item. Once I did that the $28 credit disappeared so I wanted to ask about that.

When talking to them I found some interesting info - it's actually the AFL & not the clubs which handle the payment plans side of memberships, plus the AFL has taken the last couple of days off so they may be a little behind on updating things. The coin has acknowledged that the $28 credit is there and advised me that if some renewal deadline time that the credit still isn't showing at the final step of renewal to contact them & they'll ensure that it's added or I'm correctly credited.

I was surprised about the AFL's involvement with club level memberships - AFL memberships I'd understand but I thought the clubs would have full control over their memberships including the processing of payment plans

We shall see, only got to 4-5 games last season, monetarily it is better if I just pay for games I go to.

Will all swing on whether I can be bothered calling them in March.
My membership is fairly much a donation as I use my MCC membership for Melbourne games and rarely head down the highway these days.

It's just my view it's better to be a supporter than just a barracker if you can afford it. Lots don't agree..

It's just my view it's better to be a supporter than just a barracker if you can afford it. Lots don't agree..

Been my view as well until recently, not entirely happy with the onfield product these days as well which makes it hard to be a supporter more so than the monetary aspect. This auto renewal garbage just adds to it.

Been my view as well until recently, not entirely happy with the onfield product these days as well which makes it hard to be a supporter more so than the monetary aspect. This auto renewal garbage just adds to it.

So? Just take a year off or two or three, whatevs. It's a free country you can be a member or not, there should be no guilt in the latter.

I did not sign up for a membership in the few times i was away OS. Why should I, was not going to use it and I needed the money for my trip/s.

My membership is fairly much a donation as I use my MCC membership for Melbourne games and rarely head down the highway these days.

My membership is TOTALLY a donation as I hardly get to any games at all - the drive is a bitch - Same goes for the rest of the family. A good 600.00 a year in "making me feel like supporter rather than a barracker".
I totally get where you are coming from. :thumbsu:

And before everyone else jumps in, that doesn't make me better or worse than any other GFC supporter or member - its just my situation and what I do for the club.

Go Catters

My membership is TOTALLY a donation as I hardly get to any games at all - the drive is a bitch - Same goes for the rest of the family. A good 600.00 a year in "making me feel like supporter rather than a barracker".

And before everyone else jumps in, that doesn't make me better or worse than any other GFC supporter or member - its just my situation and what I do for the club.

Go Catters

Again, entirely your choice, but good on you for doing that.

If I was OS (or interstate) earning about the same salary I'm on now, I would perhaps make a one off donation of my own choice to the club per year, instead of paying a full membership. On my salary I really couldnt justify paying that much, for not actually attending any matches.

Go Catters

Cant imagine the drive from LA to Geelong would be very pleasant...watch out for that that...ummm...ocean :p

Cant imagine the drive from LA to Geelong would be very pleasant...watch out for that that...ummm...ocean :p
Bass Strait isn't quite the barrier that the Pacific is, but I get around it with a digital membership these days.
Perfect when I only usually only get across for one or two games per season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back