Training Pre-season 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
As the fluff begins to emerge before the youngsters kick off on Monday I thought it might be handy for somewhere to collect it all.

Training the house down.
Moving into the midfield.
2km time trials.

Find it all here.

Is there a link to tap on because I can't see anything.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

I know officially pre-season hasn't started yet, but the palantir that is Instagram has shown me Buzza and Sav already back in the gym down at GMHBA. Buzza is my smokie for getting the big puff piece written about him this off-season, it's entering a make-or-break year for him and that's the kind of background that frames those stories nicely.

I know officially pre-season hasn't started yet, but the palantir that is Instagram has shown me Buzza and Sav already back in the gym down at GMHBA. Buzza is my smokie for getting the big puff piece written about him this off-season, it's entering a make-or-break year for him and that's the kind of background that frames those stories nicely.
Careful, those palantir things really mess with your mind.

Esava had the metal plate removed from his ankle recently, and is back running on the alter g and doing a lot of cross training to build his fitness. Will be back to full training by christmas.

The club has praised his work ethic and drive. Reckon now that he has had a taste of senior football he wants more.
I read that. I had a beer with him a couple of weeks ago, absolute mountain of a man.

The biggest interest I have this preseason is be on the injury and surgery list, and how they are being managed.
I’m sick and tired of going into round 1 every year with 1/4 of the list unavailable.
Let’s hope they get it right this year...we should be cherry ripe and ready to roll into 2019 with a healthy list. I’m not confident

The biggest interest I have this preseason is be on the injury and surgery list, and how they are being managed.
I’m sick and tired of going into round 1 every year with 1/4 of the list unavailable.
Let’s hope they get it right this year...we should be cherry ripe and ready to roll into 2019 with a healthy list. I’m not confident

We were cherry ripe heading into 2018. Only had four on our injury list come round one including Narkle's knee injury from the previous season, the other three were less than four weeks from return.

We were cherry ripe heading into 2018. Only had four on our injury list come round one including Narkle's knee injury from the previous season, the other three were less than four weeks from return.
What round will scott Selwood play his first game in next year haha.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

November is the new January.
and this is part of the problem.. the players down time is becoming less and less..

Id rather see them get longer off but be more open and involved when they are "in season"

Just my 2c.

Go Catters

Last edited:
and this is part of the problem.. the players down down is becoming less and less..

Id rather see them get longer off but be more open and involved when they are "in season"

Just my 2c.

Go Catters
Interesting point, but while you can trust some players to turn up fit after a break, others will turn up fat.

Interesting point, but while you can trust some players to turn up fit after a break, others will turn up fat.
and their contracts should reflect it.
In this day and age of specificity on everything and details upon details - I cant see why if a player's skin folds are X% over where they should be then their wages are impacted on a sliding scale - the worse the % the bigger the impact.

Seems logical - probably largely unethical - but logical.

GO Catters

and their contracts should reflect it.
In this day and age of specificity on everything and details upon details - I cant see why if a player's skin folds are X% over where they should be then their wages are impacted on a sliding scale - the worse the % the bigger the impact.

Seems logical - probably largely unethical - but logical.

GO Catters
It's probably more to do with sports science and keeping up with the latest performance techniques.
But presumably they are aware of the need to balance the training with enough down time.
I hope so.
As for the wage thing, I'm sure they would have some sort of penalties in place for breaking team rules.
A lot of them are just kids. It would take a while for them become as disciplined as more senior players.

So he's out partying with Chook Norris ( a known party boy) and getting pissed with pre-season imminent.

Delist ....
At his size, one beer with me wouldn’t even affect him, simmilar to Andre the giant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back