Australia v India, 1st Test at Adelaide Oval Dec 6-10.

Remove this Banner Ad

My god i didn’t think our batting line up could get worse but if those chance come to fruition then I stand corrected.

Maxwell has been in good Shield form and Marsh has been batting like a tailender - plus Maxwell's record against Ashwin is better.

Burns is a poor starter, but he has a good record at home. Both Burns and Finch have technical faults.

Id say he's also been poorly managed by Cricket Australia. Just look at his non-selection of the Australia A tour before Pakistan. He then gets dragged to the UAE to play meaningless T20I and misses a couple of Shield games before this series begins.

We are witnessing the result of CA prioritising and focusing on the benefits of domestic T20.

Beautifully summarised.

The problem with (the departing) Sutherland and the thankfully departed Peever is that they think more like accountants than cricketers - short-term profit was always going to triumph over the long-term health and prestige of the game with such a mindset.

Shithouse shot today but it's one inning. Selectors can't go wielding the axe after 1 test. Goto go with this line-up for 2 tests minimum.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

You could make a case for a stay of execution for Finch, but surely not for Marsh?

EDIT: Bear in mind that I usually disapprove of chopping and changing, but IMO desperate situations call for desperate measures.

I know you're a proud Victorian, so it must hurt to say that?

I hope that Finch comes up with something in the second dig to prove me wrong.

I love Finch but he is very nervy at the start of an innings,I reckon big burly Burnsy will be a good opener and stay there and provide a good launchpad.

Hopefully Finch proves me wrong.

Michael Vaughan really summing up our batting woes.

“I have never seen the australian public on their feet to celebrate a 50”

They leave it pretty long out there. Ryegrass too. It's gonna be struggling after the past few days of hot weather on there.
Ryegrass?? Really? I'd bet my left nut that they're couch. The only FC rye grass wickets that I know of are at Bellerive. I went to a curator's show one night and Les Burdett was there and this old bloke says to Les "How do you get ryegrass to strike over there (Adelaide)?" Les goes "I don't - it's a ******* weed!"

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good knock by Head, I know age doesn't come into it much but he is 10 years younger than Marsh and 8 years younger than Finch. Moving Finch down the order at the expense of Head as was suggested earlier is ridiculous.

Finch is yesterdays man. Find a youngish bloke witha few years under his belt or give elise perry a bat

Maxwell has been in good Shield form and Marsh has been batting like a tailender - plus Maxwell's record against Ashwin is better.

Burns is a poor starter, but he has a good record at home. Both Burns and Finch have technical faults.
Apart from Maxwell’s 270 he hit last season he hasn’t done anything worthy of a test recall.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back