Australia v Sri Lanka; 2nd Test @ Manuka Oval Feb 1-5.

Remove this Banner Ad

This is some mark Taylor pressure building on ussie for the next innings. Pretty much make or break you'd think

The wicket is probably a bit too flat for my liking but your repetitive ranting about was pretty silly.

I’m not a fan of batting friendly wickets but this one seems like it’s changing, which is what a test wicket is supposed to do.

End of the day we have far less draws and much more entertaining test cricket than the 80s

I’m not a fan of batting friendly wickets but this one seems like it’s changing, which is what a test wicket is supposed to do.

End of the day we have far less draws and much more entertaining test cricket than the 80s

It's too late now though the test is already over

That's am amazing statistic from Vaughan. Bairstow bats 3 for England, and he's been bowled 29 times.

Vaughan is right, their too reliant on cameos and hitting their way out of trouble.

They got away with it against India, but get some of their all rounder/keeper batsmen out of form we are a big show.

We have a world class spinner and they do not, so we need to be able to apply ourselves and bat long periods, like the windies just did in the 2nd test.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Surely follow on?

Nope

If they made it too good for bowling the organisers were probably worried about a SL side that is traditionally poor in Australia getting bowled out for <100 first up and the match being over by lunch on day 3.

It's batting friendly but hardly impossible to get wickets if the bowlers bowl well. Also ranting about a wicket on the 1st couple of days is pretty stupid.

Young bloke probably needs more pressure on him Brett.
Injuries have always been part and parcel of quick bowling, but ever since the sports scientist guys have got their hands on the game we've never had more injuries, even though they constantly tell us their number one priority is injury management.... Go figure.

As for that youngster they had bowling - he looks pretty handy and has taken a stack of wickets in second grade wicket in his first year out of Green Shield (u/16's). That's no mean feat. There's only a handful of u/17 quick bowlers playing Sydney second grade in any given season and the majority of those do sweet heck all.

But yeah - as you say, no pressure at all. 3 first grade wickets to your name and lets stick you on national TV. Not the way I'd nurture talent, but hey ho.

Will be interesting to watch his progress as he's clearly been given the seal of approval from above.

(Not to denigrate the youngster or anything. Just the process they go through doesn't sit so well with me)

He bowled some good deliveries back of a length, with a vast majority still wide s**t or down leg side.

He went at over 4 an over against the worst batting lineup in world cricket.

You don’t need to be a strike bowler in England. You build pressure, put it in good area’s and the pitch will do the rest. McGrath has one of the best records there of all time for that reason, you don’t need to bowl jaffers, you just need to bowl consistently tight.
Is why we should pick Siddle.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back