Preview Round 1 2019, Collingwood vs Geelong, Friday March 22nd 7:50pm

Who will win?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t think marking GAJ as a pass for 20 goals is writing him off. It’s fairly realistic given the way the game is played. I’d give him 25 max with the 6-6-6 structure but hard to see him kicking more. Will be thoroughly pumped if he kicks more..

This is injury free as well.

I think 20-25 is about right. Imo he should be looking at goal assists and tidy i50 entries more than just going for goal himself. Would be the perfect high half forward/link player.

Last edited:
FB - Stewart - Blicavs - O’Connor
HB - Clark - Taylor - Henry
C - Parfitt - Duncan - Kelly
HF - Dahlhaus - Big Sav - Atkins
FF - G Ablett - Hawkins - Rohan
R - Stanley - Dangerfield - J Selwood
I - Narkle - Guthrie - Menegola - Constable
E - Kolodjashnij - Henderson - Miers - S Selwood
Inj - Tuohy - Bews - Fogarty - Cockatoo

This is the team I'd play.
I definitely think they'll go in with 1 of Henderson or Kolodjashnij though.
Pretty close to mine. I don't think Narkle makes it with Rohan and Dahlhaus locked in. That's the spot Kolo will take.

Yeh, hopefully the whole year there
Weird logic. I don’t hope anyone plays the whole year in the VFL.

I hope all that are in the reserves can find some consistent form to earn themselves senior footy. Strong competition can only be good for the team, regardless of who it is.

Pretty close to mine. I don't think Narkle makes it with Rohan and Dahlhaus locked in. That's the spot Kolo will take.
Do we need another tall defender given Collingwood aren't stacked for tall forwards?

Do we need another tall defender given Collingwood aren't stacked for tall forwards?
My comment was what I think they will pick. And I think they see Kolo as versatile enough to play on smalls which, before you say it, I know isn't a widely held view here.

Weird logic. I don’t hope anyone plays the whole year in the VFL.

I hope all that are in the reserves can find some consistent form to earn themselves senior footy. Strong competition can only be good for the team, regardless of who it is.

Would rather invest senior games into Constable, Narkle, Fogarty etc.

Would rather invest senior games into Constable, Narkle, Fogarty etc.
I'd rather meritocracy personally regardless of age or experience. Hence my first comment.

I doubt very much whether they would have rested ("managed") him for JLT2 if there was any doubt about him playing in Rd 1.
Indeed. How many VFL games has he played in the past three years? Bugger all I’m guessing. The club has a high opinion of him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think we had the same argument last year.
We probably did haha, a guy called eth-dog I suspect has been driven mad by my want for meritocracy and no "youth policy".
Paid off this season with Matt Short (cricket) and there's no reason it can't here.

If you gift youngsters games before they earn it they never learn how to work hard to get a spot on merit. If you don't teach them to work hard in year one why expect it in year 7, 10, 12...

My point is that if Scooter or Smith or Abbott or anyone else is in the magoos banging down the door then that's good for the club.
Tigers have had fierce selection competition the last 2 years and they are premiers and prelim finalists. We are September fodder atm.

Our no.1 priority needs to be rebuilding a culture of fierce selection competition. Like when David Johnson or Prismall were routinely unlucky to be missing out. We need to get back to that. * gifting games, make them earn it.

FWIW I think Constable has earned it atm.

DeGoey will make Kolo look silly. Whilst we don't have a great match up for him it has to be Stewart. Second choice is Henry.

Was surprised at how much pace Henry has - he kept up with Jetta on a 40M burst over here and almost caught him.
He looks to have bulked up a bit and now looks ripped , hoping for good things from him this season.

We probably did haha, a guy called eth-dog I suspect has been driven mad by my want for meritocracy and no "youth policy".
Paid off this season with Matt Short (cricket) and there's no reason it can't here.

If you gift youngsters games before they earn it they never learn how to work hard to get a spot on merit. If you don't teach them to work hard in year one why expect it in year 7, 10, 12...

My point is that if Scooter or Smith or Abbott or anyone else is in the magoos banging down the door then that's good for the club.
Tigers have had fierce selection competition the last 2 years and they are premiers and prelim finalists. We are September fodder atm.

Our no.1 priority needs to be rebuilding a culture of fierce selection competition. Like when David Johnson or Prismall were routinely unlucky to be missing out. We need to get back to that. **** gifting games, make them earn it.

FWIW I think Constable has earned it atm.

The flip side to that argument, which I naturally subscribe to, is that if you give, in most sports, an opportunity to compete at a higher level then improvement will come far more rapidly than if you remain in a mediocre competition. Particularly with younger sportspersons who have room for growth. But anyway...

Was surprised at how much pace Henry has - he kept up with Jetta on a 40M burst over here and almost caught him.
He looks to have bulked up a bit and now looks ripped , hoping for good things from him this season.

My query is not so much with his athleticism, it his lack of smarts. DeGoey, in my opinion, is far more likely to turn Kolo inside out than say Stewart.

On SEN he mentioned Scoot as someone in doubt for Rd 1.
Ok, I thought it was mentioned on here that he indicated on 360 that he was a certain starter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back