News Ryder racially vilified on anti-social media

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

"The AFC has been made aware that a 3-game member, not a full member, but quite possibly a Port supporter purchasing an AFC 3-Game membership so he can gain access to the AFC's home showdown, racially villified Port Adelaide's Paddy Ryder on social media".

Seriously, why the differentiation between membership grades? Just say "member" and own it outright.

So if you suspend a 3 game's membership indefinitely, does that mean they can never sign up again or just not attend their 3 games this year?
They can’t really stop him.

As long as we act in the knowledge that this isn’t just a lone act of random stupidity, then we can succeed. This is someone acting within a system that was built on racism, many of the laws of which were originally written to uphold the heirarchy of colonisers.

Their actions may be condemned today, but the system we live under absolutely rewards racism by disempowering some groups to the benefit of others.

This person should be condemned and shamed, but the problems will always continue when the prevailing view is “THIS person is racist, everyone else isn’t”. I’m certain many here don’t hold this view, but it’s so important to reiterate that when racism doesn’t hurt you it benefits you, so none of us can shift the blame to those who are determined to have “the racism gene”.

Pretty pissweak if so. They're essentially telling this person they can't attend a couple more times this year.

Yep. The type of membership shouldn't matter. Our club has offered education to our members that have crossed the line. Perhaps AFC will too. Resourcing versus 3-game membership.

Not just racism that's a problem on social media. Some of the stuff you read on those shitposting pages is out of control with how savage it is. For example, idiots who make fun of others tragedy and misfortune in their lives. Really deep and dark s**t I don't even want to repeat.

I guess this one has been called out because it was on a mainstream media page but a lot of trolls continue to do this s**t with no consequence.

But I'm not sure what the answer is to to stop it.

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Well done to the Crows for acting so quickly and to the other AFL clubs who have supported PA statement.
Over to the Gold Coast to ban their moron supporter. Interesting the employer of the GC fan has made a statement that they are investigating the individual.

Of course, the responses to Kane are all the same:

When a Port moron is at the centre of a racist incident (banana thrower, Melbourne-based swastika guy) these same dickheads hold it up as proof the entire base are feral white supremacist pigs.

When a Crows moron is at the centre of a racist incident (member who vilified Varcoe in 2013, the current situation) it’s all philosophical ‘this isn’t the time for point-scoring’ type gear from the same chuds.

"The AFC has been made aware that a 3-game member, not a full member, but quite possibly a Port supporter purchasing an AFC 3-Game membership so he can gain access to the AFC's home showdown, racially villified Port Adelaide's Paddy Ryder on social media".

Seriously, why the differentiation between membership grades? Just say "member" and own it outright.
Lol

When a Port moron is at the centre of a racist incident (banana thrower, Melbourne-based swastika guy) these same dickheads hold it up as proof the entire base are feral white supremacist pigs.

When a Crows moron is at the centre of a racist incident (member who vilified Varcoe in 2013, the current situation) it’s all philosophical ‘this isn’t the time for point-scoring’ type gear from the same chuds.

I see that Subaru hasn’t been sighted since Thursday evening. She is usually outraged by racists ..... of the Port variety, that is.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Crows came out and made swift and correct action, who really cares if they said he's a 3 game member.

Nah, * 'em. They've acted in a bare minimum fashion. They make much of including everything from 11-game members to non paying e-members in their official membership number, but as soon as something like this occurs they're happy to divvy up the categories to try and hose down the blowback from it.

No comment from his majesty Fagan. As we’ve seen in the past the crows and media scum are pretty quick to label us all as racist.

No comment from his majesty Fagan. As we’ve seen in the past the crows and media scum are pretty quick to label us all as racist.

Crickets from Fagan.

Probably thinking it'll get blown over by open of business tuesday morning.

Deal with the 1st one properly and this may not have happened as they realise there is consequences for what they type and say in a public arena.

Its sad to see but not unexpected. Think the guy who said it has kids and this just gets passed down generation to generation by people who are just dumb and typically unhappy with their own lives.

With my job im often in people's homes doing work. This week i had this little girl following me around asking questions and just talking. I thought it was funny having her follow me around just saying random kid stuff.

But then randomly she goes to me "our next door neighbours are bad people" I go "aw thats no good. Why is that?" She responds with "its because they are black".

Little 7/8yr old only learns that from their parents.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back