Preview So what if we do lose to a depleted Carltank?

Remove this Banner Ad

Nothing much I suppose but if we come out hard and win convincingly then at least it shows a bit of fight.

For this week and then back to a limp performance next week.

It's amazing considering the post Geelong premiership our and our corresponding timelines, to witnes how a club that has simply continued to top up has completely outperformed our club.

In my wildest flights of imagination I have contemplated if Brad is a Geelong plant working in tandem with his brother.

I noticed that Chris dropped the rather in-form Charlie Constable for their game against the Bummers. Gee, that's a daring move dropping a slow inside midfielder for a game against a fast, risk-taking team. Who would have thought of that one!?

How’s the honesty. No wonder the media stay away from him.

"I don't think he's a good coach," Joseph told ESPN. "People keep telling me we reached two preliminary finals under him, but we got thrashed both times.
"I think the direction the club has gone, trying to rebuild through the recruiting of older players from other clubs such as (Jarrad) Waite and (Nick) Dal Santo, has been ill-conceived.
"I'd say the club has got a hard road ahead and a lot of work to do - and I don't think Brad Scott is the man to lead them.
"He should go. If he's got any brains, he'll make the decision to go; if North has any brains, they should ask him to go."

The article was 2 years ago - RJ saw right through the crap that '2 thrashings in prelims is success' and Bard would never have been reappointed if we had RJ in leadership.

Never let anyone say strong administration is not important - we haven't got it and Bard's reappointment for 3 years is a classic example of lazy comfortable decision making that has left the club between a rock and a hard place in 2019.

"I don't think he's a good coach," Joseph told ESPN. "People keep telling me we reached two preliminary finals under him, but we got thrashed both times.
"I think the direction the club has gone, trying to rebuild through the recruiting of older players from other clubs such as (Jarrad) Waite and (Nick) Dal Santo, has been ill-conceived.
"I'd say the club has got a hard road ahead and a lot of work to do - and I don't think Brad Scott is the man to lead them.
"He should go. If he's got any brains, he'll make the decision to go; if North has any brains, they should ask him to go."

Four goals one isn't a thrashing, especially when 5 of those four goals came from blatantly bad umpiring decisions. And getting Waite was a great move.

But otherwise he was right.

The article was 2 years ago - RJ saw right through the crap that '2 thrashings in prelims is success' and Bard would never have been reappointed if we had RJ in leadership.

Never let anyone say strong administration is not important - we haven't got it and Bard's reappointment for 3 years is a classic example of lazy comfortable decision making that has left the club between a rock and a hard place in 2019.

You can see why they don't want him down there.

He'd put all the impostors on notice.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What will happen? Nothing.

What should happen? Brad Scott being told not to come in on Monday and a full review is commenced.

As people have said, the board will react to members not showing up or action against them. At least tomorrow is a Carlton home game and I'm already not a member such is my anger and frustration at the club so I'm doing my part in that regard

What will happen? Nothing.

What should happen? Brad Scott being told not to come in on Monday and a full review is commenced.

As people have said, the board will react to members not showing up or action against them. At least tomorrow is a Carlton home game and I'm already not a member such is my anger and frustration at the club so I'm doing my part in that regard

You're not a member and you're calling for other people to drop their memberships and not turn up to games.

Have you ever been a member?

You're not a member and you're calling for other people to drop their memberships and not turn up to games.

Have you ever been a member?
Yes, I was a member for a number of years from when I was financially self sufficient. However I am at a stage where I feel what the club is doing cannot justify me in buying a membership given the way it treats its members and the way the club is being run. And I had my membership during the backend of the Laidley era and the first of Scotts rebuild so far from a fair weather member. And I enjoyed having a membership during that time because I was actually watching young talent develop, not die in a vine

However, anytime I buy merchandise I do make sure to buy it from the club shop directly at Arden St so money does go back to the club, including a brand new jumper for this season.

Yes, I was a member for a number of years from when I was financially self sufficient. However I am at a stage where I feel what the club is doing cannot justify me in buying a membership given the way it treats its members and the way the club is being run. And I had my membership during the backend of the Laidley era and the first of Scotts rebuild so far from a fair weather member. And I enjoyed having a membership during that time because I was actually watching young talent develop, not die in a vine

However, anytime I buy merchandise I do make sure to buy it from the club shop directly at Arden St so money does go back to the club, including a brand new jumper for this season.

Okay, fair enough.

I was just checking. If you never had one i'd have questioned why you are calling for others to drop theirs. I also read some other thread very recently that you said you were going tomorrow anyway so its all good.

I'll be angry if we lose to Carlton.
The club has been nothing but s**t since Pagan and Carey left.
Dean Laidley and Brad Scott are nothing but s**t coachs.
Time to get Corey McKernan to replace Ben Buckley, Ricky Ponting to replace Carl Delina, Jason McCartney to replace Cameron Joyce and Jarrod Waite to replace Brad Scott.
20 years+ is way too long. Enough is enough.

Whether Brad Scott is good or not, the above is becoming very hard to dispute.

It would appear from the outside the footy people of the club have too much say (Scott, McDonald, Joyce, Crocker etc. - all very experienced) and the administration just go along with whatever.

Buckley has a chance to show his worth though I hope he is up for a thorough and ruthless review. If he fails then the whole board should go and god help us.

I reckon most supporters did too. Yeah it was fun, but we were no match for the Hawks, Sydney, Geelong or Collingwood at their peaks. That’s footy. I don’t blame the footy department for having a crack, that’s what it’s all about. You need a bit of the rub of the green to go your way sometimes and it just didn’t go our way.

The other issue I have with this was that at the end of the 2016 season we'd seen some s**t performances but also a really strong run of wins over the last season and a half.

While he was right with hindsight there isn't really enough information in these comments to say why he thinks we had a long hard road ahead and Scott isn't the man. After all its pretty much exactly what he did in the 70s.

If he'd said:

And here is why:
(list of reasons)

What he said would have carried more weight.

That comment about the club being run to a standard of excellence (while it appears was spot on and is the problem today) comes from 2010. Before Scott had even coached a season to himself.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back