Preview So what if we do lose to a depleted Carltank?

Remove this Banner Ad

Probably better than losing at the next Board election.
We don't have elections. In fact, very few big organisations do, it's too risky. Instead, a board member resigns part-way through their term, the directors choose the replacement and then they are presented to the AGM as an incumbent. And because of this, very few outsiders ever get on to the board.

It's why Australian corporates are so mediocre.

So what if we lose to a depleted Carltank?

Nothing will happen. Nothing ever happens. Brad will offer nothing at his presser. Senior players will say how disappointed they are. The club will say/do nothing. A few fringe players and rookies will be dropped. A few fringe players and rookies will come in. We'll lose again next week.

Has no one been watching these past 10 years?

We don't have elections. In fact, very few big organisations do, it's too risky. Instead, a board member resigns part-way through their term, the directors choose the replacement and then they are presented to the AGM as an incumbent. And because of this, very few outsiders ever get on to the board.

It's why Australian corporates are so mediocre.
It also enables people to sit on multiple boards, the old scratch my back while i scrach yours.

So what if we lose to a depleted Carltank?

Nothing will happen. Nothing ever happens. Brad will offer nothing at his presser. Senior players will say how disappointed they are. The club will say/do nothing. A few fringe players and rookies will be dropped. A few fringe players and rookies will come in. We'll lose again next week.

...........and inch by inch we creep closer to Tasmania.

No-one's getting sacked or voluntarily leaving without a full review of the footy department. It just won't happen.

And announcing a review after a loss will make it look like we're in crisis, which they won't want to do.

I put it to you that a win would be beneficial to our cause as it will allow the club to announce the review in a more palatable way.

The review is inevitable. The concern is over who conducts it. Need some outside eyes on this. Not something for show, don’t need a boat race. Need a full independent audit from top to bottom.

The review is inevitable. The concern is over who conducts it. Need some outside eyes on this. Not something for show, don’t need a boat race. Need a full independent audit from top to bottom.

The next coach.

We'll probably get whoever did the Cricket Australia review....

The next coach.

The next coach isn’t going to conduct an audit of the club. Sure the footy department, but not board level. Whoever is the next coach will be just happy to get the gig.

I’d love the club to fly someone in from America or Europe that’s been involved in elite sporting organisations to do a thorough audit on our club.

Probably cost a million, probably more, but it would be money well spent. Better then throwing cash at players from other clubs.

We also wouldn’t be compromising any IP with an international.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The next coach isn’t going to conduct an audit of the club. Sure the footy department, but not board level. Whoever is the next coach will be just happy to get the gig.

I’d love the club to fly someone in from America or Europe that’s been involved in elite sporting organisations to do a thorough audit on our club.

Probably cost a million, probably more, but it would be money well spent. Better then throwing cash at players from other clubs.

We also wouldn’t be compromising any IP with an international.
Call me old-fashioned but a good North person would be ideal.

Shame M Brayshaw and B Buckley are compromised, both have the skills.

Collingwood tonight reminded me so much of when we were kings of Friday night footy in the 90's under the Pagan/Carey era and ever since Pagan and Carey left our footy under Dean Laidley and Brad Scott has been nothing but mediocrity and s**t.
Correct me if I"m wrong but look at Geelong since 2004 and Sydney since the 1996 Grand Final except for this year. Collingwood too since 2001 and missed the finals recently but been a top 2 side again in last 2 seasons.
Big changes need to made otherwise 90's under the Pagan/Carey era will be a distant memory and w'll never see another premiership in our lifetimes.

With two best midfielders in this years draft looking elite, at least with a L we will edge closer to a top 2 pick - Which I've conceded that we will **** up by winning meaningless games throughout the junk time period of the season...
We haven't done that under Brads Scotts's tenure have we?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back