Player Watch Rupert Wills (Delisted 2020)

Remove this Banner Ad

I would say the reality you don’t believe in but some do. I reckon he plays tomorrow if De Goey doesn’t
I hope you're right, but..
Mayne concussed. Thomas hobbling after a knock, yet they still only gave him 51% game time. Unless he also copped something, he's bloody unlikely.

Looks like it's a binomial distribution. Eg https://stattrek.com/online-calculator/binomial.aspx
Put in probability at .5, trials 42, successes 15, and prob of 15 or less premierships is about 1 in 23. Ie pretty unlikely to be just by chance. If odds of winning the GF's were on average .37 ie bit better than 1 in 3 (by entering that in the prob field) then it comes out as expected. I think the bone point has been lifted, but we not totally out of the colliwobble woods yet, last year being potentially a wobbly GF although really we played way beyond expectations to even get there. Winning this year should completely erase last vestiges of the wobbles theory from any serious analyst's repertoire.
Will Bucks be the man to finally slay the wounded colliwobbles dragon?
So we'll all be dead before it smooths out is what I'm hearing.

This is the kind of thing that people write when they mistake the verbal expression of quantum mechanics for the mathematical reality. Thought experiments (ie they have never been performed) like the famous Schroedinger's cat one, are attempts to explain the apparent disconnect between what the mathematics shows and the reality we experience. The connection to premierships won or lost is in the mind only.
Everything is in the mind, haven't you worked that out yet? that disconnect you speak of forces the brain to model the world to make sense of it, we only ever see through the glass darkly and never the reality itself... and I'm pretty sure it's Schrodingers magpie.

Last edited:
I don't have the numbers handy, but our GF win rate is actually worse if you factor in the GF challange rule under which we ended up on the right side of the challange ledger and draws. We have played in a hell of a lot of deciders for a very poor win rate.

That's actually mostly why Rupe had low game time, he and mayne were rotating on cripps. Mayne getting ko'd during midway through the 3rd ate into his game time, you add that and it's up around the high 60's which is around normal for what our borderline best 22 players get. He also got some strapping done at one stage early on, bit tough but he'll be better for the run. Unfortunately for Rupe we're here to win games and we just have better options ATM.

That's actually mostly why Rupe had low game time, he and mayne were rotating on cripps. Mayne getting ko'd during midway through the 3rd ate into his game time, you add that and it's up around the high 60's which is around normal for what our borderline best 22 players get. He also got some strapping done at one stage early on, bit tough but he'll be better for the run. Unfortunately for Rupe we're here to win games and we just have better options ATM.

Sorry, I'm not sure what you mean. Could you explain that one again?

?
That thing died in 1990 mate. Lethal saw to that.
And there was a funeral.

I was there.

Le Pine did the service.

Horse drawn carriage as I recall.

Col E Wobbles was buried at Victoria Park.

Darren James helped host it, Lou Richards was head mourner.

A great day actually.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And there was a funeral.

I was there.

Le Pine did the service.

Horse drawn carriage as I recall.

Col E Wobbles was buried at Victoria Park.

Darren James helped host it, Lou Richards was head mourner.

A great day actually.

Really? That's genuinely awesome! What an amazing memory to have, cherish that!

Really? That's genuinely awesome! What an amazing memory to have, cherish that!
Was a great day.

Someone in the Woodsmen (or was it a committed person) anyway someone thought it was a great idea to bury the collywobbles and thus it came to pass.

Fun day.

IIRC he played in a SANFL Premiership for Port?
C’mon mate, you know SANFL achievements only get recognised by the broader AFL community when it comes to the “Port should be allowed to wear the prison bars” debate.

At all other times those achievements are null and void.

Also on the actual topic at hand, Wills was solid today and I’m glad he got a chance and that Bucks didn’t just write him off last week.

Showed he’s capable of playing his role, and that he wouldn’t be completely out of his depth if we had to break that glass in emergency. Kinda like Oxley last year.

Thought he was a pretty solid contributor today
Look, hard to judge. I don’t think he gets another game based on his performance today but you have to recognise that he hasn’t played much football and that it’s likely there’ll be some fumbling until he gets continuity. I think he should play until Taylor is back or until Sier earns a recall.

Look, hard to judge. I don’t think he gets another game based on his performance today but you have to recognise that he hasn’t played much football and that it’s likely there’ll be some fumbling until he gets continuity. I think he should play until Taylor is back or until Sier earns a recall.
there does seem to be a need for a big bulldozer type of mid so perhaps that role will be between him and Sier at this stage.
IT's normal for players with very few AFL games to take a few games to adjust to the pace and hardness, so could be a lot more improvement in Rupert starting next week.

Wills was alright, very handy depth player as his qualities and limitations are well known. Probably not in our best 22 or even 25 players but its important to have quality depth, which Rupert provides.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back