Unofficial Preview Sack Hinkley

Sack him?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I think the bit I like best about Janus' most recent defence of Hinkley's defence is the automatic assumption that senior players need two weeks to get up to speed. For rookies and debutants I can accept that (though Garner settled in fine)

Maybe if Broadbent had found form in the SANFL beforehand he might not have needed two weeks. And in the circumstances, maybe the same for Jonas.

Maybe Garner stepped up immediately because he actually had form in the SANFL

HMMMMMMMMM.......A MYSTERY

Garner wasn’t that good. He was caught out of position a number of times because he hung back when everyone was else was pushing up the ground and found himself having to defend two players because of it.

Didn’t it strike you as odd that he had to leave Sexton to go and spoil King and no one was around to help when every team in the league preaches team defence?

He was excellent for his first game, and showed some great individual efforts, but there’s a reason he was the one who was punted for Jonas.

When David King who isn’t known for his defensive analysis can say that Gold Coast were targeting Garner because of his poor positioning it must have been pretty bad.

No mystery at all :)

I left out the bit where Ken presents the bill for $2M for his 10 game season
KT has admitted that giving in to Hinkley's demand for co-captains has cost the club $0.25M in membership revenue. How much more financial damage is Hinkley going to do before we cut our losses?

Janus we can’t trust the examples you provide because you twist and self contradict and make up so much s**t. You consistently undermine your own statements with it.

I doubt people here remember Garner getting caught out in that situation, but we all remember Broady virtually getting pantsed in the goalsquare

Far from it.

"All senior players need two AFL games before they play well after injury, but definitely shouldn't play games in the SANFL" probably would be if a coach said it.

I never said senior players. I said all players need two games to get up to speed, regardless of whether they are injured or not. The difference in the speed of the game between SANFL and AFL is stark.

Dougal Howard was a complete liability against Brisbane and not much better against Richmond, but against West Coast he was great.

Janus we can’t trust the examples you provide because you twist and self contradict and make up so much ****. You consistently undermine your own statements with it.

I doubt people here remember Garner getting caught out in that situation, but we all remember Broady virtually getting pantsed in the goalsquare

He wasn’t caught out. He left Sexton and went to spoil King, got the ball and created a rebound 50. It was a credit to his individual talent as a defender that he made the play, but he should have never been in that position in the first place.

If I * up and then fix it, do I get praise for the correction? I don’t think I should.

Garner wasn’t that good. He was caught out of position a number of times because he hung back when everyone was else was pushing up the ground and found himself having to defend two players because of it.

Didn’t it strike you as odd that he had to leave Sexton to go and spoil King and no one was around to help when every team in the league preaches team defence?

He was excellent for his first game, and showed some great individual efforts, but there’s a reason he was the one who was punted for Jonas.

When David King who isn’t known for his defensive analysis can say that Gold Coast were targeting Garner because of his poor positioning it must have been pretty bad.

No mystery at all :)

So if Garner didn’t hold back Gold Coast would have had a 2 on 0 right?

That second paragraph is the strangest thing I have ever read. He left his man to spoil and it’s his fault he was the only one there.

Are you advocating a zero man defence?

So if Garner didn’t hold back Gold Coast would have had a 2 on 0 right?

That second paragraph is the strangest thing I have ever read. He left his man to spoil and it’s his fault he was the only one there.

Are you advocating a zero man defence?

Nope. If Garner doesn’t hold back and pushes up with the rest of the team the ball doesn’t transition as fast as it did. Gold Coast would have been held up in midfield which would have enabled us to lock it in our forward 50 - something we corrected after half time.

You leave holes based on one player not moving with the team, offences will find them. Gold Coast were actively looking for Sexton the same way Hawthorn were looking for Gunston. The only difference is, Garner wasn’t holding back because he was unfit, and Gold Coast wasn’t able to capitalise like Hawthorn.

Richmond do play almost every game at the MCG which helps. They've also had a fairly soft draw the last few weeks unlike port.

Missing half their team while playing Port at Adelaide Oval was soft as butter too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nope. If Garner doesn’t hold back and pushes up with the rest of the team the ball doesn’t transition as fast as it did. Gold Coast would have been held up in midfield which would have enabled us to lock it in our forward 50 - something we corrected after half time.

You leave holes based on one player not moving with the team, offences will find them. Gold Coast were actively looking for Sexton the same way Hawthorn were looking for Gunston. The only difference is, Garner wasn’t holding back because he was unfit, and Gold Coast wasn’t able to capitalise like Hawthorn.

With all due respect Janus that is rubbish. Unfortunately football isn’t played “perfectly” and never will be.

I’m feeling very strongly you didn’t play much if any footy.

Hows yet another random account appearing to defend the powers that be.

I think we can all agree at this point that the club definitely pays shills to come on here and defend the decision makers and head coach against overwhelming evidence.

If even a cent of my membership dollars are going towards this cretin consider me #teamnorthkorea

With all due respect Janus that is rubbish. Unfortunately football isn’t played “perfectly” and never will be.

I’m feeling very strongly you didn’t play much if any footy.

Lol I've held off saying this for years not trying come off all Graham Cornes, but yes it is completely clear that Janus never played footy. In his mind football is like a game of Tetris.

Like, disagree with the premise of sacking Hinkley if you want, but don't insult the intelligence of posters on this forum by painting us like a bunch of Facebook reactionaries when you could literally plaster Alberton from front to back with the reams of well-reasoned, well-argued and sensibly articulated posts that the likes of El scorch tribey portia schulzenfest and co have been posting for literally years

moar lyk Ken Stinkley

That is the biggest load of horse s**t ive ever read.

Let me get this straight. A first gamer with more composure, IQ and skill than most of our backs except Dan, is being blamed for not leaving two gold coast forwards by themselves and preventing a goal?

What were GC doing having two forwards in the forward line? For a second there it seemed they had something resembling structure.

This is the perfect argument for sacking Ken. Supporters blaming first gamers for not following a terrible game plan and playing with instinct.

Lol I've held off saying this for years not trying come off all Graham Cornes, but yes it is completely clear that Janus never played footy. In his mind football is like a game of Tetris.

I was ok at footy and was lucky enough to play at a reasonably high level so I guess I have as much of a grasp of the game as anyone on here and that just threw me.

It just isn’t how football is played.

It just isn’t.

I mean I think I get it. I didn't play football, but I was awful at soccer at school, got lumped in defence, and regularly criticised for not pushing up the field so we could catch opponents offside - which never gets called in school soccer, so we'd move up and get Petruccelle'd regardless. Maybe thats what its about?

I was ok at footy and was lucky enough to play at a reasonably high level so I guess I have as much of a grasp of the game as anyone on here and that just threw me.

It just isn’t how football is played.

It just isn’t.

Always watch you and your Golden Fist seggy on Bounce, cob.

I played football for 3 years at primary school and I did jack s**t because I had no guts to get into the contest.
I was unfit, had no run and acted like a pussy
I couldn't even kick a football with one hand.
But regardless I don't think you have to play the game to understand it, that comes down more to understanding the culture f the game.

Hows yet another random account appearing to defend the powers that be.

I think we can all agree at this point that the club definitely pays shills to come on here and defend the decision makers and head coach against overwhelming evidence.
It's definitely working

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back