Preview Changes vs Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

Greatest win ever. Hardest week in football. All within the same 4 month of your flailing coaching career? **** off you piss weak campaigner.
The post 2017 elimination final week obviously wasn't difficult for Hinkley. I was in tears and pretty upset but realistically, you win some, you lose some.

The post 2017 elimination final week obviously wasn't difficult for Hinkley. I was in tears and pretty upset but realistically, you win some, you lose some.

Dan Huston crying with his mother after that game as well and he gets back better every year there after and Hinkley just sips his coke and thinks about the dog track

I would have preferred be more tall but I don’t know the conditions over there currently.

At least the tough calls to decorated players were made and rightfully so.

SPP to me has been kept out of the midfield for some reason. Maybe Schofield doesn’t like his ball use.

So this is perhaps Hinkley's toughest week in football. Dropping two senior members of his squad for a regular season game?

I assume he meant it was perhaps the toughest because he had to to do it. To take the action. He had to make the decision. If that is his reaction he certainly should be removed from the selection committee immediately because that reaction is grossly disproportionate for the Senior Coach of an AFL Club.

Otherwise, if it was his toughest week outright that is impressive. It outranks the week in football when he was told his former assistant turned rival coach Phil Walsh was killed by his own son? Or when advised that one of his players Robbie Gray had testicular cancer? Or when a player takes an indefinite leave of absence due to a mental health problem. An issue on which Hinkley did not comment as far as I am aware. In fact most of the statement seems far more fitting if referring to Broady's situation. Or when learning of a players career ending injury.

My point is that though these statements can usually be taken with a grain of salt, this one stands out for being illogical or disingenuous.

Whatever the case, it is just more proof that Hinkley has become completely disconnected from the hopes and dreams of the PAFC. The members, supporters, everyone.

Dropping two out of form players? Tough?

Harden up mate, the bloke who out coaches you regularly and beat you in an Prelim final got rid of almost all of their ageing and home sick premiership heroes the moment he felt the dynasty was over.

And you're having a cry about picking blokes actively hurting our chances of winning games of football?

Get out of my club you absolutely spineless fraud and go spend some time with that spineless AFL CEO we have while you're at it.

So this is perhaps Hinkley's toughest week in football. Dropping two senior members of his squad for a regular season game?

I assume he meant it was perhaps the toughest because he had to to do it. To take the action. He had to make the decision. If that is his reaction he certainly should be removed from the selection committee immediately because that reaction is grossly disproportionate for the Senior Coach of an AFL Club.

Otherwise, if it was his toughest week outright that is impressive. It outranks the week in football when he was told his former assistant turned rival coach Phil Walsh was killed by his own son? Or when advised that one of his players Robbie Gray had testicular cancer? Or when a player takes an indefinite leave of absence due to a mental health problem. An issue on which Hinkley did not comment as far as I am aware. In fact most of the statement seems far more fitting if referring to Broady's situation. Or when learning of a players career ending injury.

My point is that though these statements can usually be taken with a grain of salt, this one stands out for being illogical or disingenuous.

Whatever the case, it is just more proof that Hinkley has become completely disconnected from the hopes and dreams of the PAFC. The members, supporters, everyone.

Agree, it seems an overdramatic response typical of this over romanticized and analysed AFL culture. Only possibility I would consider is that we may not be privvy to all the details. The Hoff is an extremely quiet fellow and could be facing a private and personal battle.

With SPP being played out of position he's so good at

Schofield being found out for WAFL fraud he is

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Cannot see anything fraudulent in three WAFL Premierships. As I see it Sam was given the opportunity to roam and was down on form. Someone had to make way for Ollie Wines and Sam was the man. Mind you I would probably have dropped Motlop before Sam but the selectors probably decided on 'like for like'.

It is so obvious he is completely out of his depth and his persona / comments is reflective of a leader who has NFI on how to recover. We all wait to show tears of joy on his exit interview.

To basically publicly apologise to 2 senior players for under performing is such a core reason our culture is messed up. "Ryder and Hoff have under performed. They need to go back to 2's and clearly demonstrate consistent form. Otherwise we will push our younger group with some form and promise into the senior team. All with them. Now gotta go guys to place a bet on the dogs and start up a new used car dealership on Port road."

Last edited:
No wonder our team has been woefully underperforming. Hinkley is basically late era Choco. Mediocrity reigns supreme when gold passes are standard fare. That 3 year extension has destroyed this club.

I love Paddy and the Hoff but they can clean out their lockers and move on with their careers elsewhere if they’re not performing at the level required.

Cannot see anything fraudulent in three WAFL Premierships. As I see it Sam was given the opportunity to roam and was down on form. Someone had to make way for Ollie Wines and Sam was the man. Mind you I would probably have dropped Motlop before Sam but the selectors probably decided on 'like for like'.
Thought it was interesting when Monty was asked about SPP being like for like with Ollie. He said ‘not really’ and then went on to say the time of the pure inside midfield bull is coming to an end and big inside mids need to work on building another string to their bow ( I am guessing outside/ forward) and become more flexible so they can slot in where required for team balance. Sounds like Ollie has some work to do too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hinkley is a joke, hopefully Geelong take him back with them, he;s playing the media game for his own self interest which is another coaching gig or media role, the PAFC is a far second place in his priority,
Im pretty sure has positioned himself well this week to deflect the blame on the loss back to the match committee, as it was 'their decision' and 'we went through the process'. There wont be any 'i'm a hack coach, get me out of here'

I dont get the outrage honestly. People get angry at hinkley that hoff and ryder arent dropped for their bad form and yet when they are dropped everyone's mad at hinkley again.

Seriously the outrage here is too much. People not wanting us to win games just so the coach gets sacked? Like what kind of support is that?

How bout how bloody good it is going to be to have all of our leadership playing for once this year! How bout having our only key forward back in the team after a horrific injury? Why does it always have to be so negative around here...

I like SPP. He works hard and is physical and a good tackler. His ball use is putrid though.

He also routinely gets ball, fends off and bombs it forward. He is a one trick pony. He is never going to be a good AFL mid until he makes better choices with his kicking or better still look for a first give handball.

I wouldn’t be surprised if he is up for trade this season or next

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I dont get the outrage honestly. People get angry at hinkley that hoff and ryder arent dropped for their bad form and yet when they are dropped everyone's mad at hinkley again.

Seriously the outrage here is too much. People not wanting us to win games just so the coach gets sacked? Like what kind of support is that?

How bout how bloody good it is going to be to have all of our leadership playing for once this year! How bout having our only key forward back in the team after a horrific injury? Why does it always have to be so negative around here...
Hmmmm. I can't recall a single post that was outraged or even sad about Ryder or westhoff being dropped

I like SPP. He works hard and is physical and a good tackler. His ball use is putrid though.

He also routinely gets ball, fends off and bombs it forward. He is a one trick pony. He is never going to be a good AFL mid until he makes better choices with his kicking or better still look for a first give handball.

He also routinely gets ball, fends off and gets caught HTB

There. Ftfy

You're new to BigFooty I take it. ;) It get's like that, and at the moment there is a lot of discontent, but you get used to it and learn which posts to skip through if you get tired of it. But there is also some good humour amongst it, even in the bad times.

plus he just doesn't get enough of it for a midfielder. He needs to push into the mid to high 20's for possessions regularly.

Have you watched the last decade? and more importantly have you watched the last 4 years under Hinkley?

Seriously, read the posts you think you saw what you're talking about. Then read them again.
Absolute clueless potato.

Dunno, perhaps 5 years of spin, constant disappointment, used car salesman as head coach, piss weak administration and the club treating their supporters like football morons - you kinda get a tad negative. Performance business, not a kumbaya forum

Remove this Banner Ad

Back