Autopsy vs St Kilda // Rd 16, 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyone else reckon he rested the starting midfield a hell of a lot today?

Yep and I think he managed the result very well, we caught them flat footed in the first, the second and third and credit where it's due, the Saints threw some punches.

The Saints had nothing left in the last, a very well coached game and nicely executed by the troops.

Dominated early, challenged by the Saints in the second, responded late in the second and played tempo footy for the remainder of the game. Tarrant to Bruce early in second would habe saved us 2-3 goals IMO. Solid win. Simpkin massive, Larkey and Zurhaar really good.

Also, can we have the JZ ball gather and bump into GIF form please.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Yep and I think he managed the result very well, we caught them flat footed in the first, the second and third and credit where it's due, the Saints threw some punches.

The Saints had nothing left in the last, a very well coached game and nicely executed by the troops.

It was circle work garbage in that last quarter.

How many times has he been fined this season? He'd almost be at the threshold of a one game suspension if he cops another one for the swinging arm today.
It doesn't work like that anymore, it is done case by case. This will be his 4th for the year, he already has $8k in fines this year.

It doesn't work like that anymore, it is done case by case. This will be his 4th for the year, he already has $8k in fines this year.

It doesn't? Ok, I didn't know that. Thanks.

St Kilda were far better and tougher opposition than Collingwood. They laid 90 tackles and had a ton of one percenters. Credit to them - they worked very hard.

Our efficiency inside 50 - 32 shots from 57 entries at 57% - was way better than it has been the last five weeks even though we've been winning. Sides can push numbers up to the contest but know they'll pay the price.

Turner's kick inside 50 to Zurhaar was great but he didn't look to be moving 100%. LDU and Thomas both looked fatigued for the first time.

Saints brought immense pressure today. This is the type of game under BS that we would have collapsed under that pressure and easily lost

But we won. We are a much better team under Shaw

Bit of a dispute at my place. I reckon Goldy was just ok today, probably beaten or just break even. Notice some folk giving him votes and cannot believe it. Best three? Not best six for mine. But some family do not agree. Not saying bad game, just ok.

I thought he was absolutely dominant for the first quarter and a bit. Then it was pretty even.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Outstanding first quarter, and then did what we needed to do for the rest of the match.

Simpkin clear BOG. Zurhaar, Larkey and Tarrant all excellent too.

Ziebell and Dumont really important contributors. Cunners good despite the heavy tag. Ahern solid on his return too. Pretty good team effort all around.

Who replaces him though?
Yeah he's probably there by default, as a mid. Unless they want to replace him to bring in a different positional player?

He's probably the one to make way anyway though for Higgo in a couple of weeks. Unless they decide to give a kid like LDU a rest.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back