Preview Round 17, 2019: Hawthorn v Fremantle, 13 July 2019, 2.10pm @ York Park featuring the return of Grant Birchall

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Couldn’t agree more. Geelong has attracted Dangerfield and Dollhouse and will put in a fair bid for Brad Hill because they have kept on winning. We have had similar or better success in the past attracting high quality (omeara, Mitchell, Wingard, Scully). Coniglio will not come to a dud side. Winning attitudes are a must and Clarko is way way way smarter (trust me he’s smarter) than the rest of us on this blog. He knows Hawthorn can’t afford to look like the aints, Carltank, or the dees come seasons end.

Dangerfield was a Geelong boy who missed home, not sure it was all about them winning. He went there on the back of them missing the finals for the first time in a decade.

I reckon there's potential that Poppy misses with an 'injury' like Rough did the other week. Don't reckon we'll bring in 3 blokes off the back of a win, but how good does this side look:

FB: Stratton, Frawley, Hardwick
HB: Impey, Sicily, Birchall
C: Scully, Shiels, Smith
HF: Breust, Gunston, Nash
FF: Wingard, Lewis, Hanrahan
R: McEvoy, O'Meara, Worpel
I: Scrimshaw, Henderson, Burgoyne, Howe

Gee that's a pretty good side, if a little bit thin through the stoppages.

I reckon there's potential that Poppy misses with an 'injury' like Rough did the other week. Don't reckon we'll bring in 3 blokes off the back of a win, but how good does this side look:

Finger crossed! That is the side I want to go up and see on the weekend. Plenty of interest there. :thumbsu:

Looks good. Will look even better with Birchall having one more game under his belt I reckon.

But it is fremantle in Tassie. Pretty much the same as VFL ;)

Dangerfield was a Geelong boy who missed home, not sure it was all about them winning. He went there on the back of them missing the finals for the first time in a decade.
I agee. Winning or making/missing finals aren’t the only factors that determine destination club status. Other factors are - potential to tilt for good young list on the improve, good facilities and football department, medical record, treatment of players welfare and coach. Tanking, recent lack of success, changing coaches and scandal are not destination club attributes. And yes ties to your family home, eg Geelong, can be a factor too. However if we want Cogs or similar at our club next year we need as many positive factors as possible. Bottoming our is not a positive.

Considering it'll likely be wet, unlikely that cegs gets brought back in unless the club wants to give Macca a rest after his 200.

Glass out for Cousins/Jones(whoever of these 2 doesn't get a run in the 1s is stiff imo)

Wingard in for ????? poppy, breust, gunners, whoever needs a rest?

Birch in for ?????

Scrimshaw to have a week at box hill for mine before coming straight back in, his tank has not been great this year why not give him a run.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Couldn’t agree more. Geelong has attracted Dangerfield and Dollhouse and will put in a fair bid for Brad Hill because they have kept on winning. We have had similar or better success in the past attracting high quality (omeara, Mitchell, Wingard, Scully). Coniglio will not come to a dud side. Winning attitudes are a must and Clarko is way way way smarter (trust me he’s smarter) than the rest of us on this blog. He knows Hawthorn can’t afford to look like the aints, Carltank, or the dees come seasons end.

How did collingwood and richmond attract good players with years out of the finals?

We are up there with richmond and collingwood. Pay as much stupid footy tax

ah, i was reading the hobart forecast my bad. In that case, especially if Freo continue with Darcy/Sandilands/Lobb(2 of those) then Ceglar probably comes in... But for who I wonder.
Darcy and Lobb will play. Sandilands will only play in home games I expect.

Lobb has dominated against us in recent years, albeit in GWS colours. Has been a difficult customer for our defenders when he plants himself close to goal. Hope he plays like Cox did last Friday evening.

As much as I wanted a high draft pick, I think it’s important to keep winning and shut up all the haters. More importantly, we need to prove that we are still a destination club in order to attract good players. Can’t help but think that Coniglio is watching our progress which may or may not influence his imminent decision
Agreed.

We need to win about 5 of our next 7 - just gotta hope that Melbourne, Saints, Sydney & Footscray win all 7 of theirs.

If the rumours of him not being as 'elite' as he could be with his rehab and true, definitely agree...

Not to derail this thread, but the footy team on MMM implied something a few weeks back about his attitude and him needing to do things the Hawthorn way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back