Autopsy The Meltdown thread (Autopsy vs Geelong)

Remove this Banner Ad

Both teams soaked up a tonne of pressure for the first 45 minutes.

Jack doesn’t get the block etc. and 10 minutes later they’ve got a mini-break that was worth 4-5 goals at Marvel heading into half time.

Brown & Wood had multiple opportunities to rectify that score by not passing it off, and those were normally shots they could make.

Ziebells shot on goal was inexcusable, must have been 30m out when the game was getting away from us and the captain needs to drag us back in and he misses.

I've seen local footballers have better shots on goal than that crap.

Interesting the way Shaws has the down the ground vision from our full back in front of him on the laptop.

We're going to be a different unit next year in how we set up.

Well done for having a laugh. Jesus we lost a GF by 20 goals....s**t happens...the sun will rise Tomorrow

Amen brother. Sadly, people do remember the Grand Final, but it doesn't really make it hurt any worse. It can't, that's gonna sting either way.

Interesting the way Shaws has the down the ground vision from our full back in front of him on the laptop.

We're going to be a different unit next year in how we set up.

Gets to see Metal Mick stand up and lay an egg I am guessing?

This place is seriously Bipolar.

Last week after a good win against an out of the 8 opposition we were world beaters.

Now we lose to the team on top, on the rebound, at their fortress and we need to get rid of our new coach.

I have a couple of hot tips:
1) Brad was not the only problem. It'll take time to wash out some of the issues we've had. I am interested to see how we front up to Port.
2) Shaw is going to take more time to put his actual stamp on the team.
3) the preseason in front of us cannot come quick enough.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Last week after a good win against an out of the 8 opposition we were world beaters.

Now we lose to the team on top, on the rebound, at their fortress and we need to get rid of our new coach.

1) Brad was not the only problem. It'll take time to wash out some of the issues we've had. I am interested to see how we front up to Port.
Nail flushed.

Nah that was pretty good.

Came into this expecting to see a fair few overreactions and am not disappointed. Brisbane, Perth and Geelong in four weeks is brutal and we're running on fumes at the moment.

Hopefully people don't also lose their bundle when Port overrun us next week and accept Rhyce needs the trade period, a healthy list and a preseason as an absolute minimum.
I'll probably understand this better when I'm sober.

The missing of free kicks was putrid. Ablett and that flopping fish dangerfield do not have dropping the ball/incorrect disposal given against them ever. The afl dirty that bradley got the old heave ho and when up against his all knowing brothers team, well, the powers that be had to do something to appease the Scotts. We stunk, shat decisions coming out of the backline, duff handballs, shanks, hacks and and fumbles. Jye will probably get 2 for tackling that ******* dangerfield who flopped around after the tackle. Meh.

My concern is the sustainability of crash and bang Footy

We have a limited playing list with so many holes and imbalances. Tonight we tried defence first footy but lacked the class to take chances when going forward with our passages of play.

We need to hit the draft and strike some gold. Every side picks from the same pool of players and for a club like us we need to nail everyone of our picks. We would kill for a midfield like the Bulldogs.

Forget about free agents and paying big money. Hit the draft and trade in players who only want to come and play for us.

Sent from my CPH1607 using Tapatalk

I wasn't that fussed with the loss. I liked that we were banging in hard early and kept them to a really low score, was unfortunate we had that string of shocking umpire calls before half time which stretched the margin.

Was pretty much only disappointed with the midfield and our disposal skills which has been a theme this season and pretty much every season under Scott. That isn't something Shaw can address mid season.

Is there anything more fearsome than when JeanLucGoddard and Snake join forces and unload as one?!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Its why we have to have regular disagreements about Laura Kane, if we don't, there'll be another Alderaan.

Still a long way off the best as proven by the losses to West Coast, Geelong etc. Too many slow, one paced players. The best sides have more zippy, hard midfielders who go inside and out.

And they also play agile, quick, skillful high half forwards who play like midfielders up the ground winning hard and loose balls at ground level to get them out of defence. Great having 5 × 189cm + forwards for taking marks - not great for getting it out of our half - winning the ball at ground level.

I would have been less pi**ed off if I didn’t go to Geelong to watch the game. Been drinking all day to cheer for one goal for a entire game, $85 for tickets etc.

If I was at home it wouldn’t be as bad

Rookie mistake. Never, ever give them any more money than they're already getting gifted.

Still a long way off the best as proven by the losses to West Coast, Geelong etc. Too many slow, one paced players. The best sides have more zippy, hard midfielders who go inside and out.

And they also play agile, quick, skillful high half forwards who play like midfielders up the ground winning hard and loose balls at ground level to get them out of defence. Great having 5 × 189cm + forwards for taking marks - not great for getting it out of our half - winning the ball at ground level.

I don't think our forwards are the problem - except if you're expecting them to cover for the lack of run and spread in the midfield.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back