Review The Bad, The Ugly and The Ok- Crows v West Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Good:
Effort was good mostly.
Fogarty was exceptional - he will be the clubs best forward. Strong, skilled, ruthless and I'm pretty sure he will kill someone on the field one day with a bump.
Talia, Brown & Kelly were good. Kelly in particular continues to impress me after I wrote him off earlier in the year.
Crouches were productive in the middle.
Sloane was great until injured - maybe cost us the match.

Bad:
Tex got a couple of goals but was mostly poor. An effort I want to highlight is when Otten kicked to him just outside of 50 and Tex went up one handed (as per usual) and didn't take the grab, a few moments later we got back inside 50 and Fog outbodies his opponent and takes a strong grab. Tex needs to learn of the youngster.
Otten was glacial by mind and foot.
Douglas was slow and average.
Mackay is just so weak - his tackling efforts always lead to the opposition getting an effective disposal away.
Knight is just a very average footballer.
Betts was ineffective against a good team (shocking)
Lynch was ineffective against a good team (shocking)
Gibbs was mostly okay but soft and had a footsteps moment when trying to mark inside 50. Weak.

Ugly:
Hartigan...surely we can do better. Lock his opponent in for best

Basically we played to our absolute best and West Coast played average and we still fell short. All of the players we were screaming to drop played poor and we desperately needed some pace with Jones, Galluci etc coming in but we backed ourselves in. We really set ourselves for an upset but didn't make the necessary moves so it comes down to selection...again.

I'm not sure where the improvement comes from. The only youngster in the team kicked 5 and was BOG.

Some kids, not all, shouldn’t be made to earn a spot. Some of them you can just put some confidence in them and give them a go. Especially when the club has been “backing in” players who have had their go and failed time and time again..

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
That’s probably the infuriating bit. That senior players who have not been contributing that still got games.

Wtf are you banging on about?
The Gibbs gamble (little graham) went on a rant about JJ being a better person than Tex because Tex part owns a pub which is involved with betting a gambling and Roo.
He forgot that JJ owns racehorses and or greyhounds and has actively promoted greyhound racing previously.

You are dead bang about the game being won when Sloane was off with the injury in the 3rd quarter. His gut running was missed heavily. We did well to hang on as close as we did, but without Sloane, it was just too much of a task.
We could have done with some pace . I wonder if there’s anyone in the seconds who can run fast?

Surely, surely after yet another game in which he fumbled his way to 15 largely ineffective touches (at 50% DE), Douglas has played his last game. That makes it 2 goals in his last 13 games now playing as a half forward. Please can we play Jones in his role for the last couple of games...
At least you know precisely what you’re going to get with Dougie nowadays... and consistency is to be valued above all else.

The Gibbs gamble (little graham) went on a rant about JJ being a better person than Tex because Tex part owns a pub which is involved with betting a gambling and Roo.
He forgot that JJ owns racehorses and or greyhounds and has actively promoted greyhound racing previously.
It was more than that, he said Jenkins was dropped because he denounced gambling and due to Tex and Roos owning a pub they didn’t like it and they also brought Vince in on the act who criticised him when he was commentating

Lost at selection yet again.

Unchanged next week, maybe Fog needs a rest.
Jacobs and Otten to see the year out with an extension for next season as our ruck combo
ROB looking good for 2021
How was it lost at selection?
If you mean Sauce v RoB, go back to last week and see how stuffed RoB was. He had a complete rest this weekend.

Atkins was pretty good. One of his best games.

Dougie was not too bad either.

Mackay, meh a typical Mackay game.

Which players should have been brought in to perform better and win that game?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Loved Fogs game today. He showed Tex what a forward is meant to do. The Crouch bros were great. A week is a long time in footy. Last week the Crouches were too slow and should be traded out.

Lets not forget something with Fog, the only reason he got picked last week is that the club found out he was thinking of asking for a trade at the end of the year. If they hadnt found out he would still be in the SANFL and either JJ or Himmelberg would be in the side.
Was interesting to hear Bicks and Rowey say that Fog had had talks with the club about how he was been treated, which is what I had heard.
He compliments Tex well.

Tex is not really a key forward. More a tall flanker.

Working with guys like Hberg and Fog allow Tex to be the secondary forward and push up the ground more. A bit like Lynch.

Jenkins needs Tex to be the key forward to take the heat off of him and get the goals from his running towards goal instead of being a target. Fog can handle being a target and actually leads to the ball to meet it off a midfielders boot.

If you mean Sauce v RoB, go back to last week and see how stuffed RoB was. He had a complete rest this weekend.

Douglas was not too bad? 14 possessions, zero shots on goal and zero score assists, 1 score involvement, zero inside 50 tackles, 177 metres gained and 4 turnovers from 14 possessions.

That’s s**t or you have low expectations from Douglas.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Douglas was not too bad? 14 possessions, zero shots on goal and zero score assists, 1 score involvement, zero inside 50 tackles, 177 metres gained and 4 turnovers from 14 possessions.

He did do some nice link up things. I said not too bad. But not great. He didnt cost us any goals with stupid defensive marking or running unto our players.

I do have low expectations of him. I would have delisted him last year.

So who.comes in for him to win that game? Apparently we lost the game at selection. Just curious to know how that statement is true.

Am I the only one who feel like we have been quite poor on sticking tackles in this last month or 2? Shuey must have broken 5-10 tackles on the weekend on his own.

I remember 1 of them he ran straight into a front on, bearhug tackle from Hartigan (which physically I thought would be impossible to break), but he managed to free 1 hand and push Hartigan in the chest not only off him, but completely too the ground and then get an effective disposal.

I was flabbergasted!

Wrong.

ROB was dropped. Season over for him
Atkins was garbage. I've never seen a player freeze up in close like he does
Douglas was horrible. He's as slow as Otten
Mackay I'll give you. He played fairly well
Knight shouldn't have played. He's close to being on the delist pile
Hartigan was close to worst on field. He's that bad these days that the opposition deliberately go through his man as he's usually trailing 15m behind his opponent.

He did do some nice link up things. I said not too bad. But not great. He didnt cost us any goals with stupid defensive marking or running unto our players.

I do have low expectations of him. I would have delisted him last year.

So who.comes in for him to win that game? Apparently we lost the game at selection. Just curious to know how that statement is true.

Lyons ;)

I think my main issue with Dougy now is his decision making time has seemingly taken several steps backwards.

The position he plays he should be looking to wheel around and quickly putting the ball to advantage in forward 50 1 on 1's (Tom Lynch is very good at this). But the time it takes him to get the ball, survey all his options, decides whats his favourite, and then pulls the trigger...I mean its is as slow as treacle!

I should take this opportunity to officially say I was wrong about Jake Kelly not being best 22.

Although I still wish he wouldn't kick sideway so much, Bull has wildly impressed me this season. And funnily enough he is a member of a very small group of players that I feel can hold their head up high since the bye round.

A player I was happy to trade in offseasons past, but now I would much prefer to keep!

Am I the only one who feel like we have been quite poor on sticking tackles in this last month or 2? Shuey must have broken 5-10 tackles on the weekend on his own.

I remember 1 of them he ran straight into a front on, bearhug tackle from Hartigan (which physically I thought would be impossible to break), but he managed to free 1 hand and push Hartigan in the chest not only off him, but completely too the ground and then get an effective disposal.

I was flabbergasted!
If by month you mean past ten years, you are right....

Wrong.

ROB was dropped. Season over for him
Atkins was garbage. I've never seen a player freeze up in close like he does
Douglas was horrible. He's as slow as Otten
Mackay I'll give you. He played fairly well
Knight shouldn't have played. He's close to being on the delist pile
Hartigan was close to worst on field. He's that bad these days that the opposition deliberately go through his man as he's usually trailing 15m behind his opponent.
If RoB was to be dropped just to let Sauce play due to boys club it would have happened after Sauce's first couple of SANFL games.

RoB is fatigued and was managed. He didnt even play SANFL. Yes he travelled, but that is because we had no second Ruck so if Sauce did something over there Otten Rucks.

So who comes in to win that game?

The one player I can think of is Jones for Dougy. Or Stengle for Murphy. That could have been an improvement. Apart.from those changes, we played our best availiable 22.

I think my main issue with Dougy now is his decision making time has seemingly taken several steps backwards.

The position he plays he should be looking to wheel around and quickly putting the ball to advantage in forward 50 1 on 1's (Tom Lynch is very good at this). But the time it takes him to get the ball, survey all his options, decides whats his favourite, and then pulls the trigger...I mean its is as slow as treacle!
My main issue with dougy is that he’s taking the spot of our future. Either jones or gooch.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back