Mega Thread Port Forum 'General AFL Talk' Thread Part 13

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
giphy.gif

Billy Hartung is becoming like a professional T20 player. Have footy, will travel.

North also have signed Kym Lebois from Carlton.

How can these footballers, who have not won a single best and fairest, brownlow medals etc justify these sorts of contracts?

Wasn't there a story that Peter Woite hit up Bob McLean for a pay rise after winning a Magarey Medal in 1975. Comparing himself to the Great One. Very quickly shot down in flames.

How can these footballers, who have not won a single best and fairest, brownlow medals etc justify these sorts of contracts?

Wasn't there a story that Peter Woite hit up Bob McLean for a pay rise after winning a Magarey Medal in 1975. Comparing himself to the Great One. Very quickly shot down in flames.
And then finished his playing career with Glenelg!!! I think he only had a few games with the enemy before injuries got the better of him.

Martin will just be playing the bluff card to keep him off the market so he is guaranteed to land at Carlton. Smart business play.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

'I see that the Crows won't get a senior assistant for Nicks because he "doesn't want one" and it has nothing to do with the payout they are "not paying" to Pyke and Campo, the soft cap that they "aren't hitting up against", the paper only profits they "aren't reduced to by the SMA", or the struggles that they "aren't having" attracting talent or the shambles that the club is "not in" from the top down.

Where is that parody Advertiser blog when you need it.

Last edited:
'I see that the Crows won't get a senior assistant for Nicks because he "doesn't want one" and it has nothing to do with the payout they are "not paying" to Pyke and Campo or the struggles that they "aren't having" attracting talent or the shambles that the club is "not in" from the top down.
It also gives them a chance to save that taxed money for the year and look for a senior assistant after Nicks struggles for the year and they can come out and say "We've bolstered our coaching line up by giving Nicks some senior help".

'I see that the Crows won't get a senior assistant for Nicks because he "doesn't want one" and it has nothing to do with the payout they are "not paying" to Pyke and Campo or the struggles that they "aren't having" attracting talent or the shambles that the club is "not in" from the top down.

Then there are the “critical“ roles that came out of the review. Head of Football and Director of Leadership and Culture. All the names under the sun were mentioned early but crickets since.

I await the appointments of Mick Godden and Phil Harper as the best fit after an exhaustive search.

Saw this pic in a story about possibly extending the 6-6-6 rule to all stoppages...Ports either being shafted, or giving away a dumb free:

731f2f7be5b94f2e1fe7153d9b8e797e

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back