Game Day 2019 AFL Rookie and PSD Draft thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

Hendo is in our best 30 no one can have issues there..him with blitz rucking was clearly plan B once Abbott to rookie list failed..Hendo deserves it i just dont like putting an AA FB in the ruck i believe gun FBs are more structurally important than average rucks. But Hendo deserves aspot.
Mate....esava will ruck, not blitz!

Invading russia in winter for mine ...

Look Stanley and Fort could be gone in 2021 so we have to find a ruck long term. But for a flag next year Blitz can ruck in a final and Hendo can FB i get why we did it. Look at how many recycled players just got picked..the clubd didnt rate the talent in this RD.

Look Stanley and Fort could be gone in 2021 so we have to find a ruck long term. But for a flag next year Blitz can ruck in a final and Hendo can FB i get why we did it. Look at how many recycled players just got picked..the clubd didnt rate the talent in this RD.
No blitz cant ruck in a final if there is going to be a premiership. We have not won a single final with blitz in the ruck and have lost a number of finals where we were raging favourites.

And our ruck goes to s**t and gets absolutely smashed if the other ruck is decent.

Hendo is better than any KPD avail in this rookie draft and Blitz is a better ruck than any we could have rookied. I dont like it but its understandable. Blame our revolving door of failed rucks post Otto dont blame Hendo. His form was better than HTs this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No blitz cant ruck in a final if there is going to be a premiership. We have not won a single final with blitz in the ruck and have lost a number of finals where we were raging favourites.

The tigers just won a flag with Soldo who is a potato. Of course Blitz can hold up in a one off game. Ruck aint why we lost the PF.

Blitz and Jenkinsare pinch hitters they cant no 1ruck allyear and Sav doesnt have the endurance for that role yet.

Unless you think Fort can be no1 ruck if Stanley is injured then we have todraft one. 3 proper rucks out of 46 players isnt too many.
They won't have to ruck all year. The chances of both Fort and Stanley both being out all year are minimal

Ohh I get it ... but I would have prefered to look at a ruck with the last pick in the rookie draft. The most likely outcome is Henderson doesnt play a game in afl... no matter what.

I think its great for team harmony... we look after our players as good as anyone.

That the club didn't rate a ruck is no surprise .. they rarely do ..hence we end up playing Blitz in the ruck.

Mate....esava will ruck, not blitz!

Esava doesnt have the tank for that role blitz does.
If stanley not there blitz will be no1 ruck with sav or jenkins relief rucking..trust me.

The tigers just won a flag with Soldo who is a potato. Of course Blitz can hold up in a one off game. Ruck aint why we lost the PF.
Ruck isnt why we lost the prelim cos blitz played on a wing. Not in the ruck.

There are 3 finals we need to win. Not one. Blitz can maybe hold his own aganst another mediocre ruck for a half. Not 6 halves.

Esava doesnt have the tank for that role blitz does.
If stanley not there blitz will be no1 ruck with sav or jenkins relief rucking..trust me.

To me its two different situations we are talking about.. I have little thought that a late pick rookie would play for us in the ruck.. for me it was all about the club putting up their hand , acknowledging they had fallen shrot in what we have don in ruck list management for 5 to 10 years .. but in the end we have brought ina 200cm kid who has main played back but potentially might play ruck. Might . Sounds like Blitz2 in a way ..but I doubt Dek has Blitz running.

The elite rucks in the AFL are Gawn, Grundy and Natanui (when fit). No flags between them...
I would love us to have a ruckman i
of that caliber but we don’t and they don’t grow on trees like inside mids. It’s disingenuous to say the lack of one cost us a flag. More like the loss of Duncan and Hawkins in the PF and a s**t performance in the QF cost us a flag.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back