Game Day 2019 AFL Rookie and PSD Draft thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

Hendo back is good: SDK probably isn't realistic AFL depth in his first season

Bringing in another small forward feels like a waste to me but whatever, it's not like we'd get a tall of quality in all likelihood

Hendo was so harshly done it wasn’t funny. Injured all preseason and most of the early part of the year. Came back and played just as well as Taylor off no prep late but got squeezed out. Asked to play a stupid role bc of Tommy’s brain fade and then chopped at 29.

I’m amazed clubs picked up guys like Walker over him.

Do you think Harry has another 22 games + finals left in him?

Hendo could play a very valuable role for us in 2020.

To be honest, I'm not sure if Hendo has 22 games + finals in him next year

Henderson ain't exactly a durable player - debuted the same weekend as Taylor and has played 90 less games across 12 seasons

Yes got you too lol

Don't think people saw your pre rookie draft post about how many melts today

and considering how extreme you went, thought others would have noticed the touch of sarcasm

The Age reporting we are considering putting Hendo on the rookie list.

I hope so - shouldn't have been delisted IMO.

Clearly we didnt rate any of the rucks left and Hendo to kpd and blitz to ruck is the insurance plan for Stanley. Hendo deserves to be on an afl list but id rather have taken Archie Smith over close so we had a proper ruck as i dont like Blitz rucking.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I honestly think there is a chance he actually plays the whole year with Harry as the backup.

It Had to be a line ball call to begin with

I think Harry will be in and out either way. I think Hendos form this year was best 25 but structure wise its hard to play all the talls-he is insurance for Stanley..injury or bad Stanley and Blitz and Sav will share the ruck (or Blitz and Fort) and Hendo will go to FB while SDK develops in the 2s. Geez we need to draft a good ruck next year though.

I honestly think there is a chance he actually plays the whole year with Harry as the backup.

It Had to be a line ball call to begin with

Totally agree with this. Hendo didn't put a foot wrong when he returned to the seniors this year and at the end of the season I was leaning towards retaining Hendo and retiring Harry.

I think Harry will be in and out either way. I think Hendos form this year was best 25 but he is insurance for Stanley..injury or bad Stanley and Blitz and Sav will share the ruck (or Blitz and Fort) and Hendo will go to FB while SDK develops in the 2s. Geez we need to draft a good ruck next year though.

any coming out of contract that we can go after via FA or a trade - and not worrying about Grundy as I believe he will re-sign with Collingwood & realistically isn't obtainable

Rookie B ?

Blitz HT/kolo and henry the starting talls.
Backup Hendo to FB Blitz to ruck with Sav/Jenkins R2 if Stanley is out.
Clearly thats the plan..i dont like Blitz away from FB but Hendo is a far better player than any of the rucks left so i get it.

any coming out of contract that we can go after via FA or a trade - and not worrying about Grundy as I believe he will re-sign with Collingwood & realistically isn't obtainable

Maybe Preuss (although contracted) but not much else..maybe pinch Cox from Coll now Grundy is staying. I hope we can get Tilthorpe with one of our R1s next year although we dont know what the plan is for SDK position wise.

Henderson didn't deserve a delisting. He'll play plenty of games next year at AFL level fitness permitting. I honestly would have signed him over Harry.

Sent from my SM-J810Y using Tapatalk

I agree with all that (i would have kept hendo and cut say Parsons) i just dont like Blitz in the ruck-our defence loses too much.

Clearly we didnt rate any of the rucks left and Hendo to kpd and blitz to ruck is the insurance plan for Stanley. Hendo deserves to be on an afl list but id rather have taken Archie Smith over close so we had a proper ruck as i dont like Blitz rucking.

and 12 months we are no closer to having a young developing ruck? Seems to me we have learnt the lesson but do not want to pay the cost. Do we have our own version of Ruck Cataract .. are we looking at the issue clearly?

Perhaps they have their eye on a Rookie B ..is there a spot?

It sort of means to me ..they are thinking ..they are going to limp thru the year if they have issues , a rookie would not have helped them and in 12 months time they look at draft and trades again. Maybe the look at Blue DeKoning or Preuss or look at drfting young Walsh at that Falcons ..which should be achievable now with the picks we have..

Hendo is in our best 30 no one can have issues there..him with blitz rucking was clearly plan B once Abbott to rookie list failed..Hendo deserves it i just dont like putting an AA FB in the ruck i believe gun FBs are more structurally important than average rucks. But Hendo deserves aspot.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back