• Hardwick

• Schofield

• Buckley

• Montgomery

• Other

• Carr

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

I wouldn't jump the gun with the Fagan praise. Brissy may completely drop off this year. It's still too early too tell.
Out in straight sets from 2nd spot after back to back home finals. First time that has happened since current finals system started in 2000. Brisbane had a 12-0 record at the Gabba for finals before 2019.

3rd out in straight sets Port 2001, WCE 2007, Gee 2014, Haw 2016,
4th out in straight sets Freo 2014, Syd 2015, Haw 2018

Meh I'd prefer someone genuinely tough than a cheap sniper like #goodbloke hodgey

I mean, you can be both. Hodge is a sniper but you'd never accuse him of not going when it's his turn either.

I mean, you can be both. Hodge is a sniper but you'd never accuse him of not going when it's his turn either.

I remember him busting a rib in the Prelim, and then being targeted by the oppo on every occasion in the GF the following week.
Never shirked a single contest - and ended up a winner!
Guys like Hodge and Dermie…. well, you may not like them much and think they are gutless p****s - but by jesus they deliver in the courage stakes each and every time.

Leigh Matthews who is held in high regard within the industry did not hesitate to hand over the reigns to Michael Voss.

Until you see them run their own teams, with all issues around being an off field coach, you will never know if the great on field generals will make very good to great coaches.

It doesn't matter how spectacular you were as an on-field leader, and even how long you spent in the media as a special comments/tactician analyst, you should not be made head coach without an apprenticeship as an assistant coach. The skill sets are different and there are plenty of onfield generals who would fail as a coach, just as there have been many average players who have become very successful coaches. This just proves the point that being a great leader with tactical/strategic nous etc may provide indications that you would be a successful coach but it is certainly no guarantee.

I don't know how good the analogy is, but I see it as a youtube sensation immediately stepping up to do a stadium tour. It will almost never be successful.

What at NO cost...don't think Ken has the capability to perform such a key role...better off clearing the deck and allow new coach to select the people he wants...
There has been escalation in the eight months since that post

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm guessing better than Hinkley would coaching Halep.

source.gif

there would be many potential coaches who would love to get hold of our list as it's quite good, the longer they stay with Ken the worse it is. If i had the choice of 1 coach i'd go for Neil Balme, im not sure you could get him but he can coach, been in the system for ever, knows the SA landscape and if asked i would think he'd certainly consider it as he's always had that competitive streak in him and i think he'd very much like another crack at it. At least with Neil you would get a straight down the line guy that wouldnt accept the apologist mentality the club has become.

there would be many potential coaches who would love to get hold of our list as it's quite good, the longer they stay with Ken the worse it is. If i had the choice of 1 coach i'd go for Neil Balme, im not sure you could get him but he can coach, been in the system for ever, knows the SA landscape and if asked i would think he'd certainly consider it as he's always had that competitive streak in him and i think he'd very much like another crack at it. At least with Neil you would get a straight down the line guy that wouldnt accept the apologist mentality the club has become.
What about that young up and comer Mick malthouse? I reckon he might be the injection we need.

we need a young guy just because young, im not sure what i means exactly but everyone's saying it, i thought of the perfect person, Greta Thrunberg, her post match press conferences would be worth their weight in gold, the players woudl have biodegradable guernseys and the team sails to their interstate trip passing their time with hand ball drills on the deck. It really goes with the Port Adelaide theme as well. We will call 50m cat 'SS Shangai Express'

Holly Ransom would actually like this proposal

Back