Rumour Ollie Wines - will he go or will he stay?

Remove this Banner Ad

He was 15th in the league for contested possessions and clearances in 2018 and was the youngest player to appear on both lists so I wish all our players were that meek.

In case you haven't noticed, NOONE'S kicking has improved on our list over Hinkley's reign as coach. Where does that indicate the blames lies? Also, His disposal efficiency, for what that stat is worth, is better than Boak's, Sloane's, Martin's or Dangerfield's. It's not great, but for an inside mid it is not as bad as it is being made out to be here.

In the top 1% for possessions with more than Sloane, Kennedy or Martin

But he is the latest victim of mob mentality on this thread and must go, despite a great deal of the issues with his game are at least partly, or totally, refuted in the face of reality.

Come to think of it, isn't that the definition of delusional thinking?

Most of you would criticize Jesus Christ for taking 3 days to come back from the dead.

Its like Lord of the Flies. Kill the Pig! Kill the Pig!

I too can cherry pick stats.

He was absolute ******* trash lmao.

Whilst C4 is usually spot on, I just don’t understand it this time. If it is mutual between the club and Wines camp, why on earth is he the Vice Captain?

Makes absolutely no sense.

From last year's prospectus.

Since champion data introduced kick ratings in 2011, Wines rating of -6.5percent is the second worst of the 223 players to have had at least 1000 kicks. He has also recorded the fourth worst retention rate for kicks into the forward 50 of the top 50 of these types of kicks since 2013. Wines has also posted the worst shot accuracy of the top 150 for shots taken across the past six seasons. 11th most contested possessions, 13th most clearances, 62nd uncontested possessions. Player rating -1percent.

Also, earns truck loads of money and can't get an adelaide girlfriend because his mother won't let him. Its a salary game. I don't think it's being spent well on wines output.

I fear that Wines might be too far into his development to redeem himself. Regardless whether or not the coaching changes, he will be at peak football age, and his declining development will be difficult to reverse. One things for sure, he certainly isn't as committed to Port as we had hoped, and his contract extension might even go down as one of our most wasted moves of the previous decade, yet another person in the club who has outstayed their welcome.

Good comeback. Enlightened. You just proved my point.
Why don't you list all Wines achievements up against every bloke you just compared him with on cherry picked stats, most were multiple AA's by his age.

Gonna have to side with the doctor here, high stats numbers mean * all when they can't be backed up with efficiency, but beyond that players like Boak work so much better in coordination with the rest of the team, wheras I feel that Wines is little more than the typical hack the ball forward from the square midfielder that we keep relying on so much.

Reminds me of the Demons right now, high stats numbers with no coordination or result.

Whilst C4 is usually spot on, I just don’t understand it this time. If it is mutual between the club and Wines camp, why on earth is he the Vice Captain?

Makes absolutely no sense.
Almost ridiculous as the Hinkley 2017 extension. Actually nah. Nothing is remotely close to that.

Why don't you list all Wines achievements up against every bloke you just compared him with on cherry picked stats, most were multiple AA's by his age.

I too can cherry pick stats.

He was absolute ******* trash lmao.

They weren't ******* cherry picked. They were in direct response to the posts I were replying too. They also had the advantage of having some basis in fact.

I don't give a s**t continue your delusional whinge fest if it makes you all feel better Maybe if you all keep up your spiteful dribble you will feel better when he gets out of this place as fast as his pilots license will take him. God knows I would. Then when he crushes us in contested possessions and clearances the year after, you can have a moan at him some more.

Slangs at his family, hope the fat buffoon does an ACL. Jesus ******* Christ I would like to see just one of you say this to his face and find out how meek he really is.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Slangs at his family, hope the fat buffoon does an ACL. Jesus ******* Christ I would like to see just one of you say this to his face and find out how meek he really is.
You might wanna direct that at posters that actually said that but we've established you are delusional I guess.

He was 15th in the league for contested possessions and clearances in 2018 and was the youngest player to appear on both lists so I wish all our players were that meek.

In case you haven't noticed, NOONE'S kicking has improved on our list over Hinkley's reign as coach. Where does that indicate the blames lies? Also, His disposal efficiency, for what that stat is worth, is better than Boak's, Sloane's, Martin's or Dangerfield's. It's not great, but for an inside mid it is not as bad as it is being made out to be here.

In the top 1% for possessions with more than Sloane, Kennedy or Martin

But he is the latest victim of mob mentality on this thread and must go, despite a great deal of the issues with his game are at least partly, or totally, refuted in the face of reality.

Come to think of it, isn't that the definition of delusional thinking?

Most of you would criticize Jesus Christ for taking 3 days to come back from the dead.

Its like Lord of the Flies. Kill the Pig! Kill the Pig!
In 2018 we had a stupidly stoppage heavy game. From memory it was easily the most in the AFL (I can't find this stat on footy wire or afl tables). Ollie's stats were inflated (in comparison to every other team not playing Hinkley-ball) because of this and he STILL only managed to be 15th in the league.

You might wanna direct that at posters that actually said that but we've established you are delusional I guess.
So you distance yourself from the other posters then bring them onside to gang up on me to add weight to your tenuous claim that I have been proven delusional.

Whatever, I'm gonna go up my Thorazine intake.

So you distance yourself from the other posters then bring them onside to gang up on me to add weight to your tenuous claim that I have been proven delusional.

Whatever, I'm gonna go up my Thorazine intake.
I never attacked the guys family or wished injury on him so yea triple the dosage you muppet.

In 2018 we had a stupidly stoppage heavy game. From memory it was easily the most in the AFL (I can't find this stat on footy wire or afl tables). Ollie's stats were inflated (in comparison to every other team not playing Hinkley-ball) because of this and he STILL only managed to be 15th in the league.

There were two teams playing so those stats weren't as inflated as you suggest. Yes he managed to be the youngest player on that 15 man list.

As I said, its ridiculous that Jesus waited 3 days to come back from the dead.

There were two teams playing so those stats weren't as inflated as you suggest. Yes he managed to be the youngest player on that 15 man list.

As I said, its ridiculous that Jesus waited 3 days to come back from the dead.
Jesus is a myth just like Ollie

The half captains thingy and leisure activity injury in pre season coupled with the supporter backlash couldn't have been easy to handle. Clearly not mature enough. Good on ya Hinks.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back