Rumour Ollie Wines - will he go or will he stay?

Remove this Banner Ad

We all hope he has his best year. Reality is, disposal is garbage attitude is questionable. If he was built like butters and not 100kgs he wouldn’t be on an AFL list.

He's actually a past captain lol.
Mmmh?

Once a captain, always a captain. Tredrea is still referred to as the Port Adelaide Premiership captain. He might not be playing, be he is still a Port Adelaide Captain. Its like being President of the USA, its for life. Love it, or like it, but you are stuck with "Captain Ollie" for life! :p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

100kg is too heavy to lug around in modern footy.

So much this. Who's he knocking over or charging through at 100kg that he wasn't knocking over or charging through at his draft weight of 92-93kg? Who can he no longer chase down or explode through because the extra bulk makes him appallingly slow? How much extra stress does all that extra bulk add to his joints and soft tissue?

In 2018 we had a stupidly stoppage heavy game. From memory it was easily the most in the AFL (I can't find this stat on footy wire or afl tables). Ollie's stats were inflated (in comparison to every other team not playing Hinkley-ball) because of this and he STILL only managed to be 15th in the league.
While we played with make-shift fill in ruckmen or a crippled Ryder. The fact that Wines was actually up at 15th is a pretty good effort, considering he'd have to be playing defensively off the opposition ruckman, instead of getting nice service.

People disagree with me = LoRd Of ThE fLiEs!

Tibbs I meant it as doubting the abilities of Jeezus just as I question Ollie's.. swoosh

When was Ollie ever looked at as a football messiah by the way? it usually requires the skill level of say a Garreth Ablett.

When was Ollie ever looked at as a football messiah by the way? it usually requires the skill level of say a Garreth Ablett.
I think a lot was expected and hoped of him in the early years. Touted as our next captain to lead us into multiple years of flag glory. Anyway, all tongue in cheek. Nothing better to do this time of year as we wait to see what dyslexic output this team will produce in 2020.

If he really did approach other clubs and the club really is pissed off with him for that (both of which I believe) then why didn't we just grant him his wish and move him on? Was there Hinkley interference here? Also, why the hell did we then make him vice captain?
Probably because Carlton wouldn’t come to the table with what we wanted for him this year due to them needing to keep picks available for their other trades they didn’t get through either.

Mmmh?

Once a captain, always a captain. Tredrea is still referred to as the Port Adelaide Premiership captain. He might not be playing, be he is still a Port Adelaide Captain. Its like being President of the USA, its for life. Love it, or like it, but you are stuck with "Captain Ollie" for life! :p
Co-Captain.
he was never Captain.

From last year's prospectus.

Since champion data introduced kick ratings in 2011, Wines rating of -6.5percent is the second worst of the 223 players to have had at least 1000 kicks. He has also recorded the fourth worst retention rate for kicks into the forward 50 of the top 50 of these types of kicks since 2013. Wines has also posted the worst shot accuracy of the top 150 for shots taken across the past six seasons. 11th most contested possessions, 13th most clearances, 62nd uncontested possessions. Player rating -1percent.

Also, earns truck loads of money and can't get an adelaide girlfriend because his mother won't let him. Its a salary game. I don't think it's being spent well on wines output.

Is that the one at the beginning of the year that had Melbourne as the team to beat? Or the one at the end of the year which had Taylor Walker, Paddy Ryder and Ben McEvoy as elite players whilst Charlie Cameron, Treloar and Pendelbury were only above average.

Good read Champion Data, and if you run out of toilet paper.

People disagree with me = LoRd Of ThE fLiEs!

Tibbs I meant it as doubting the abilities of Jeezus just as I question Ollie's.. swoosh

I disagree with you = delusional muppet.

By all means, sound aghast. Can you spell hypocrite???

EDIT: Sorry, that's a PROVEN delusion muppet.

Last edited:
Wines might get traded at the end of the year because he’s got the most currency out of him and Powell-Pepper.

Remember - those two were recruited before the 6-6-6 rule came into effect and teams would stack their midfield with big bodies to stop us running (look at Sydney in R2, 2015). That’s why we brought in Powell-Pepper in the first place, and why Boak was shifted out of the mid and Ebert was put inside.

Powell-Pepper can run a bit. Wines is slow as *. There’s literally only room in the team for one of them if you want to win a flag.

I like Ollie, but business is business.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back