SFNL Div 1 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Lol I went from being certain that it was going ahead to now being very confident in it being cancelled. I think it’s done. Another 15 cases today - 10 community spread

Have to agree, 48hrs ago everything was in place for a July 25 kick off... fast forward to today and it has put a massive spanner in the works again.

I just can’t see CEO now confidently announcing return to play guidelines with a restart start.

At least they tried.

Have to agree, 48hrs ago everything was in place for a July 25 kick off... fast forward to today and it has put a massive spanner in the works again.

I just can’t see CEO now confidently announcing return to play guidelines with a restart start.

At least they tried.

Yep. Everything was looking on the way up. Sadly we’re going backwards again. Reset and start a fresh in 2021

At least they tried.
CEO of the league will still say there is a window. He really wants the fees from the clubs

Is that his main desire you reckon? (Legit question)

Their problem is always and remains the MPNFL.

MPNFL always trying to poach clubs for their third division and will poach players if they go ahead and the SFL doesn’t.

No way SFL cancels season before MPNFL does.

All bluffing imo, nobody will play in 2020.

Their problem is always and remains the MPNFL.

MPNFL always trying to poach clubs for their third division and will poach players if they go ahead and the SFL doesn’t.

No way SFL cancels season before MPNFL does.

All bluffing imo, nobody will play in 2020.
SFNL have a Board Meeting planned tonight apparently and then plan on talking to the Clubs on Tuesday Night. This was the final nail in the coffin. I think ALL Local footy now gets canned for 2020 apart from Junior Footy as they don't need Crowds. Clubs have always said, "No Crowds, No Footy". MPNFL are the biggest driver of this as they charge gate entry. July 25th is a while away and things could change but I can't see Clubs/Players wanting to train another 3 to 4 weeks still not knowing if there is a Season. I think the SFNL are going to have to take out a Loan to survive until next year. Too many Clubs owe them money after the SFNL footed the original Merchandise Costs which a lot of Clubs now can't afford.

I was more leaning towards him wanting new players from other leagues to join to make the league stronger with the hope of them staying in 2021.
Yeh that’s another good point. A few of the articles I have read he always seems to mention the money side of things.

The CEO at it again now saying he will leave it up to the 11th hour to make a decision. Be interesting to see what clubs think about this? Clubs may have to train for another month with no clear start time.

The CEO at it again now saying he will leave it up to the 11th hour to make a decision. Be interesting to see what clubs think about this? Clubs may have to train for another month with no clear start time.

surely the players and coaches won’t mind if there is still a chance the season goes ahead. Worth exploring every chance to try and get a season going for personal and mental health. Even if it was pushed back a week or two from original plans the season would still be viable. I know a lot of people on these threads are glass half empty thinkers but that’s my glass half full thoughts.

surely the players and coaches won’t mind if there is still a chance the season goes ahead. Worth exploring every chance to try and get a season going for personal and mental health. Even if it was pushed back a week or two from original plans the season would still be viable. I know a lot of people on these threads are glass half empty thinkers but that’s my glass half full thoughts.
Yeh fair enough I just think it’s a waste of time to be honest.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agree with the fact that the season looks stuffed, but who are the 3 ex Tigers that Port Colts signed ( I know one is J King ) but the other two are?. Imagine if the season was to get going Port with all their ex Deer Park and Richmond would take it up to Dingley, Cheltenham etc. Would bring crowds to games if allowed. Ah Well. Maybe next year.

Agree with the fact that the season looks stuffed, but who are the 3 ex Tigers that Port Colts signed ( I know one is J King ) but the other two are?. Imagine if the season was to get going Port with all their ex Deer Park and Richmond would take it up to Dingley, Cheltenham etc. Would bring crowds to games if allowed. Ah Well. Maybe next year.

Daniel Connors, don’t know the 3rd.

VAFA reserving their decision till 11 July. No doubt CEO will announce similar timeframes. Feel like the leagues just don’t realize the headaches they are causing by continuing to postpone announcements, not just on club volunteers but players who are in position to take on work (trades) in the forthcoming months but are restricted to booking anything in “in case” season gets a green light.

VAFA reserving their decision till 11 July. No doubt CEO will announce similar timeframes. Feel like the leagues just don’t realize the headaches they are causing by continuing to postpone announcements, not just on club volunteers but players who are in position to take on work (trades) in the forthcoming months but are restricted to booking anything in “in case” season gets a green light.

connors is at st kilda city. Agree with what u have said tho. Clubs were expecting to no this week now they could be told to wait another 3 weeks very frustrating

connors is at st kilda city. Agree with what u have said tho. Clubs were expecting to no this week now they could be told to wait another 3 weeks very frustrating

Apologies, thought he signed at Colts.

On a separate note, speaking to a Strength and Conditioning Coach the other day who added that the risk of serious injury (eg ACL’s) will be heightened without a proper preseason which includes physical contact training (not 4 sessions, if that prior to round 1).

Let everyone just focus on getting through this whole pandemic and taking care of their families, instead of stressing if this ‘Mickey Mouse’ Season will go ahead, constantly counting the heads on the track to avoid fines and/or the fear of having to go into quarantine for 14 days in case some one contracts the virus.

2020 season is finished and dusted. Start preparing for 2021 and consider all of the restrictions and limitations that will be in place. This CV is not going to disappear, and will be with us for years. Sooner or later they will have to allow International flights back into Australia, and when they do, there will be another spike.

2020 season is finished and dusted. Start preparing for 2021 and consider all of the restrictions and limitations that will be in place. This CV is not going to disappear, and will be with us for years. Sooner or later they will have to allow International flights back into Australia, and when they do, there will be another spike.
Junior sport still allowed to proceed as normal across the state as there's a "low chance of child to child transmission"

Yet schools are closing down every other day. Go figure

What do we think will happen with this league?
HQ are desperate to get off job keeper so they'll wait until the last minute to pull the pin. The narrative that will come out of the league will be always be playing. Even if its an August start. That is until AFL Vic says to turn the lights off & lock the doors boys.

Given that Moorabbin is a closed off training facility for St Kilda they all must be still working from home

Remove this Banner Ad

Back