Unofficial Preview 2020 Draft Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maybe Wright can work out a deal with Adelaide to get that pick 2? :think:
No thanks, swapping up 1 or two spots at the top end of the Draft costs a ton. We are not in a position to do that, especially because we really have no clear standouts this year unlike last year.

Agree but if not i think i am still taking Phillips or Bruhn
Bruhn meniscus and acl already a bit worrying :/, Phillips looks solid but a bit similar to how worpel and Mitchell play. Would take McDonald if his there ahead of Bruhn and Phillips tbh.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bruhn meniscus and acl already a bit worrying :/, Phillips looks solid but a bit similar to how worpel and Mitchell play. Would take McDonald if his there ahead of Bruhn and Phillips tbh.
Phillips has a bit more leg speed than those two i think, our midfield is terrible at the moment. McDonald won't get a kick in our forward line next year unless we improve a lot in the middle.

Phillips has a bit more leg speed than those two i think, our midfield is terrible at the moment. McDonald won't get a kick in our forward line next year unless we improve a lot in the middle.
But he may straighten us up a bit.
We need everything. But we literally don't have a key fwd on our list that we can bank on.

It’s not about next year. I’ll give you a tip: we will be s**t next year. It’s about building a team that can win a flag in a few years.

But he may straighten us up a bit.
We need everything. But we literally don't have a key fwd on our list that we can bank on.
There's so many variables to consider at the moment for where the list/players are actually at, and it's even harder to get a read when you have almost zero visibility of what players are doing in the scrimmages.

I think there's arguments to be made for either a key tall OR a mid with our first pick which makes this draft even more intriguing because we're right in the zone where we'll get a very good look at the absolute best of both worlds.

Any ruckman worthy of drafting? Had a gut full of watching Ceglar spanked weekly..
There’s a couple I liked in their draft years that aren’t getting games, or sitting behind a few rucks. Sam Hayes at port was an AA from memory, and I also liked nick Bryan who’s at essendon. Port have two rucks ahead of mayes and it seems essendon will go with Draper as their main ruck. Think Hayes would be gettable and cheap the end of this year

If we win v GC there is about 40 points between us and the Swans % and they play after us
Better hope we win by under 20! Swans Lately haven’t been smashed except for tonight so hopefully they give Geelong a go! Really wish swans didn’t s**t the bed against the blues

It’s not about next year. I’ll give you a tip: we will be sh*t next year. It’s about building a team that can win a flag in a few years.
thats true and I don’t think drafting a key forward in to our current team is ideal. Watch Lewis, Scrimshaw, Day go to another level if we have a better performing midfield.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back