Unofficial Preview 2020 Draft Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Phillips does seem a safe choice for a good 200 game player. Always like leadership qualities too. Others might have the greater upside but come with greater risk. We need all types so it will be interesting. I’m still hoping one of Hollands or McDonald gets through to us but if the don’t, Philips does look a good player and one who could probably plug and play like Serong.

It will be very interesting to see which way the club go with our 1st pick.

It will likely tell us where they think the list is at.

Will they pick Hollands if he is available or is the injury too much of a concern given it's our 1st top 5 pick in 15 years?

We would probably turn McDonald into a key back if we took him so we may as well take the natural backman in DGB if we were going down this path.

Be funny to take Bruhn before Geelong had a chance to get him, but he has had injury concerns also.

It's the type of draft where a pick in the 40s is just as likely to be as good as someone taken in the top 5.

If Crows go Holland’s and North Philips would we go McDonald. When you consider we have gone down path of Patton, got Lewis, Jeka showing promising signs (from what you hear), would we make this work? Good article on afl.com on him today will be hard to say no

If Crows go Holland’s and North Philips would we go McDonald. When you consider we have gone down path of Patton, got Lewis, Jeka showing promising signs (from what you hear), would we make this work? Good article on afl.com on him today will be hard to say no
Yeah i think so, Patton can barely get on the field and Jeka is yet to even play a VFL game yet alone an AFL one.

Absolutely 100%!

Midfielders are a lot easier to find in the draft, but quality key forwards tend to go high in the draft for a reason.

Patton has been recruited for the here and now, Jeka has some talent but he’s still a prospect at this stage, then there’s the inconsistency of O’Brien.

If McDonald is available with pick 3 (assuming Adelaide don’t get pick 2 compensation) he simply has to be selected with our first pick.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Phillips bit of a weird fit with worpel and mitchell who all play similar to each other. Hoping Holland’s falls to our pick. Bont type of player.
From the footage Phillips looks like a good field kick, who creates space for himself and hit targets (I see him being like Sam). Hollands reminds me of Hodge but the kicking not as good definitely has the vision but kicks to a contest that is made to look better because his teammate takes a contested mark, but gee does he know where the goals are!

If Crows keep this up they could overtake North. I reckon that would be good for us. Crows more likely to take Thilthorp at 2 than 1, increasing odds of McDonald or Hollands slipping through.

I reckon McDonald goes 1 no matter who has the pick

Not sure crows take a Victorian kid with a bung knee. Regardless who has pick 1 that’s a big risk. Am I right that Max King at 4 is highest someone has gone post ACL ?

There’s a lot of talent coming off serious injuries in this draft. Some may slip down the pecking order because of this. Maybe an extra pick in the teens is the go? Take a risk??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back