Unofficial Preview 2020 Draft Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
There’s tones of footage on you tube...not saying he’s a freak at it, more so have a look at how he relaxes in heavy traffic, that’s a rare breed.

Also I’m only going off highlight videos, and it’s just my point of view. The recruiters have a much better perspective, and I trust whoever we land will be a jet.
Well how about you share at least one video where he does it and I can see for myself. You compared him to Selwood and Mitchell so you are putting him up there with two all time great players. Help me see what you see.

Rowell and serong have proven you don't have to be mid 180cms to make it as a pure mid , they may not have the development as a will day but they're already close top 5 players on there list . Lachie neale is a midget and will win the brownlow .

Our list is in a position where we should take the sure thing in phillips . Yes he doesnt have the exciting foot skills or x factor of hollands but he tackles for fun and he can accumulate and break away from stoppages with speed . Without seeing results id almost say he is quicker and athletic then hollands, plus watching a few games of hollands im not sure he will ever develop a contested inside game .
His Non contact acl worrys me to especially spending a top 3 pick . He is going to be a gun player but if he goes down with another then what player does he become .

My ideal scenario for pick 3
1. Mcdonald
2. Phillips
3. Hollands

Then pick up another 1st round and pick up Jack carroll and heath chapman .

Last edited:
The you tube video...4:30 and 6 min mark is probably the best example of a side step and explosive pace. However he rarely needs it because he is so calm in heavy traffic and extracts it so quickly. That’s more my point, doesn’t waste energy, reads the play beautifully and makes good decisions & executes well. Puts his head over the ball too and smashes blokes at ground level aka like Selwood.

The you tube video...4:30 and 6 min mark is probably the best example of a side step and explosive pace. However he rarely needs it because he is so calm in heavy traffic and extracts it so quickly. That’s more my point, doesn’t waste energy, reads the play beautifully and makes good decisions & executes well. Puts his head over the ball too and smashes blokes at ground level aka like Selwood.
What video?

Rowell and serong have proven you don't have to be mid 180cms to make it as a pure mid , they may not have the development as a will day but they're already close top 5 players on there list . Lachie neale is a midget and will win the brownlow .

Our list is in a position where we should take the sure thing in phillips . Yes he doesnt have the exciting foot skills or x factor of hollands but he tackles for fun and he can accumulate and break away from stoppages with speed . Without seeing results id almost say he is quicker and athletic then hollands, plus watching a few games of hollands im not sure he will ever develop a contested inside game .
His Non contact acl worrys me to especially spending a top 3 pick . He is going to be a gun player but if he goes down with another then what player does he become .

My ideal scenario for pick 3
1. Mcdonald
2. Phillips
3. Hollands

Then pick up another 1st round and pick up Jack carroll and heath chapman .
Heath Chapman looks really good, pick 18, good value compared to DGB at 5. Only concern is whether they have the reach, tall enough, compared to Reid/Nik Cox for key backman, although Frawley has done well for us. You have mentioned another midfielder Carroll which looks good value. With midfielders, if use past experience should be versatile, Worpel's came is not same as last year with Mitchell in. We will probably need early 3rd round for Downie, have Finn, Worpel/JOM/Mitchell. Which type of player best supplements them. We are in need of wingers with Henderson/Scully/Smith on last legs. If we do not know how badly another team wants our first round pick and how many late first round to second round we can get, how can we make a decision? What is the strategy by club? are we getting talls first, then mids? everyone is looking for good value and getting as many good players in, the likes of Worpel, Scrimshaw without giving up much.

this kid has a highlight reel as good as anyone- don't think he's in contention for a top 5 pick, but after watching that video I wouldn't be upset if we went rogue and nabbed him.

Takes a good grab. Loves a tackle.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

this kid has a highlight reel as good as anyone- don't think he's in contention for a top 5 pick, but after watching that video I wouldn't be upset if we went rogue and nabbed him.

Played well in the futures game last year to. Especially in the first quarter.

Heath Chapman looks really good, pick 18, good value compared to DGB at 5. Only concern is whether they have the reach, tall enough, compared to Reid/Nik Cox for key backman, although Frawley has done well for us. You have mentioned another midfielder Carroll which looks good value. With midfielders, if use past experience should be versatile, Worpel's came is not same as last year with Mitchell in. We will probably need early 3rd round for Downie, have Finn, Worpel/JOM/Mitchell. Which type of player best supplements them. We are in need of wingers with Henderson/Scully/Smith on last legs. If we do not know how badly another team wants our first round pick and how many late first round to second round we can get, how can we make a decision? What is the strategy by club? are we getting talls first, then mids? everyone is looking for good value and getting as many good players in, the likes of Worpel, Scrimshaw without giving up much.

Yep I think chapmans performances have been just as good a dgb but with potentially more scope for improvement . I said carroll because I think he could play that outside role we desperately need atm but also has the ability inside if needed something different. We just need as many good players as possible on every line.

Hates a tackle:oops:

What a Boss!

Is he CHF?

EDIT: 188cm Forward/Mid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back