BBL Scorchers BBL10 Campaign

Remove this Banner Ad

Scorchers should be trying to lure some of the top WA players from other clubs back. Short, Stoinis, and even bringing back guys like Cartwright should be a priority.
We don't need them TBH.

Stoinis has signed until 2024 and Cartwright wouldn't get a game for us.

We need a different coach rather than more WA players IMO.

We don't need them TBH.

Yeah that's fair enough, I still wouldn't mind having Short in the squad though. Who would you have as a replacement for Voges?

My sister works part time at Optus Stadium, she got an email from her employer last night asking if she wanted an extra shift or two if the Scorchers finish high enough for a home final. I guess that means we'll be allowed to play home finals in Perth?
96fm were reporting this morning Scorchers will almost definitely be hosting finals if we earn the right to one

2 games in 2 days. That could be a bit of a killer today.

Does any other team have to do this?
It's t20 cricket. They will be fine. Professional teams have played twice in a day before, semi final and final in the English tournament back in the day

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2 games in 2 days. That could be a bit of a killer today.

Does any other team have to do this?

its 40 overs of cricket

they normally play anywhere between 90 and 100

the women sometimes play two in a day

had there been travel in between you could make a case

but a bus from the dome to MCG is no excuse

Wondering that with MM being unable to bowl, would the Scorchers be better off dropping Hardie
for Kelly or Paris?

Lengthens the tail but gives us another good bowling option.

I think Hardie will be OK but he's the one bowler the oppo can target.

Wondering that with MM being unable to bowl, would the Scorchers be better off dropping Hardie
for Kelly or Paris?

Lengthens the tail but gives us another good bowling option.

I think Hardie will be OK but he's the one bowler the oppo can target.

I quite like the idea. Kelly is actually a pretty decent hitter and would probably be able offer as much with the bat as Hardie. Bats in the top order for his club side. The downside is that he hasn’t played a game all season and would be coming in cold, late in the season.

Hardie's a long-term investment but probably doesn't get a game if we weren't coming along so nicely. If we'd managed to keep NCN over him we'd truly be flying.

We don't need them TBH.

Think short would be good to get back.
His bowling would definitely add to our variation whilst it would also mean we could target a decent spinner with one of our import spots instead.

totally agree on the new coach, Voges is a muppet

Just read that CN signed a 4 year deal last year with the Stars.
No wonder he left.
Cant blame the Scorcher for not matching that.
pretty sure he missed on a WA contract the year before as well. Like SOS you can't really blame those two chasing money at the ends of their careers.

How would you rate our imports, not including Joe Clarke?

Before the season, I thought Munro would be the weakest and he's proven to be the best.

I know he's played a few more games, but 441 runs with a strike rate of 128 is very good.

Roy has been pretty good with 355 at a 145 SR.
Was expecting a bit more though TBH.

Livingstone has been just Ok with 304 at 141 strike rate.

Both openers were terrible in the first final.

We really need on of them to go on an get A big one like Hales or Vince have done I think.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back