Traded Adam Saad [traded to Carlton with #48 and #78 for #8 and #87]

Who won this trade?

• Essendon

Votes: 10 35.7%
  • Carlton

Votes: 18 64.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

99% of us said it’d be pick 8 with something back. Not a straight swap. If anything we were proven correct.

It’s a shame the change wasn’t a future 2nd, we paid overs but we’ve recruited an A grader, it is what it is.
Pity you were in the 1%
Saad isn’t worth 8. That’s just the pick we have and the pick the Bombers media brigade have ran with.

I’d hope we do our due diligence to find a pick in the mid-late teens. Looking like a hard task now.
I'm glad you're being philosophical "it is what it is" though. Nice change of pace from declaring the Blues would be big losers if they got a 3rd rounder back
Which one is it?

Saad + future 2nd is still a bog average deal for us. To say a 3rd rounder is a good deal and we’d be lucky to get anything is just nuff. So far off the mark.
We are big losers if it’s 8 with a nothing 3rd rounder coming back. He’s uncontracted and the relationship is untenable. There are other options out there to pin his perfect value.

It’ll all be forgotten by round 1 as he is a gun, but if those rumours are true I feel we’ve rolled over too easily.

Still isn’t a straight swap for 8 though :D

Honestly any Carlton supporter disappointed at what you paid, don't be. Once you really see what he does every week you won't be disappointed at all. All the talk about HBFs never being traded for that highly, HBFs have never been as important as they are in today's football. If I had the choice of pick 8 straight up or Saad I'd take Saad anytime.

Whether he becomes worth 8 or not is a moot point. We could’ve got him for less than what we paid. Was OOC and you needed the pick for Dunkley/Caldwell. Should’ve got back that future second or found a way into the later part of the first round.

He’s a definite A grader and will improve us immensely so I’m not totally unhappy. Was just a tad too much.

Pity you were in the 1%

I'm glad you're being philosophical "it is what it is" though. Nice change of pace from declaring the Blues would be big losers if they got a 3rd rounder back

I said a straight swap for 8 would never happen. It didn’t happen. IMO we lost the trade as we only got a 3rd back. What part of this have I ever disputed? Some very selective reading 😂

I said a straight swap for 8 would never happen. It didn’t happen. IMO we lost the trade as we only got a 3rd back. What part of this have I ever disputed?
You said you'd find a pick in the late teens. You've also gone from "big losers" to "just a tad to much."

What a bitch the internet doesn't forget.

Whatever makes you sleep better.

Reports are $650k per year for five years for Saad. Williams has a six year contract and triggered a band one compo- which means he’s in the top 5% of paid players in the comp. $800k-$900k is the report. I’d suggest somewhere in between.

$1.5m for two half backs.
Good players though. They do have excellent managers to get them that coin.
Don’t really understand what the point is though. we needed speed we got it. We can front load contracts so we did. Won’t really affect our ability to go for future targets.

You said you'd find a pick in the late teens. You've also gone from "big losers" to "just a tad to much."

What a b*tch the internet doesn't forget.

I said I’d hope we try and find a pick in the teens and not that we will. I even mentioned that was looking like a hard task.

Saad isn’t worth 8. Dodo and Austin clearly agree with me as we got 48 back. You’re only reading what you want to read.

Nothing I have said was wrong or turned out to be wrong. We lost the trade, we could’ve held out for a better deal.

Take your arrogance elsewhere. After 20 years of winning the trade period and getting nowhere surely you would’ve learnt by now.

Richmond fans probably should worry more about how they will fit their salary cap around 38 players. Considering the incentives attached to premierships, Tom Lynch and having no players out of contract. Blues are in a good spot. Worry about yourselves.

Possibly the funniest post I've seen in a long time.

As the winner of the last 3 of 4 flags we are extremely worried. There's no chance we win anymore with this list. Especially with the Blues on the rise obviously.

You should worry about how 2 flankers are going to cover up the rest of your list being below average. Your best forward constantly injured and your best mid a RFA next year and wanting finals wins...

Possibly the funniest post I've seen in a long time.

As the winner of the last 3 of 4 flags we are extremely worried. There's no chance we win anymore with this list. Especially with the Blues on the rise obviously.

You should worry about how 2 flankers are going to cover up the rest of your list being below average. Your best forward constantly injured and your best mid a RFA next year and wanting finals wins...
Im not worried. But I’ll do me, you do you.

You might have finished close this season the difference being Carlton are heading upwards and after losing your two best players you guys are heading downwards
Tasmanian Saint. I like it. And thanks for going in to bat for my club. Darryl Baldock and Ian Stewart both Tasweigens?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You might have finished close this season the difference being Carlton are heading upwards and after losing your two best players you guys are heading downwards

I thought Daniher was an injured spud? Certainly hasn't been in our best on-field players in the past 3 years.

According to the B&F we'll lose Saad from our Top-10 B&F players this year.

McKenna was Top-10 in 2019, he's returned to Ireland.

Fantasia & Daniher were last Top-10 in 2017.

So I guess we're losing 2 guys who represented talent, but little-to-no onfield impact in 3 seasons, who I wish all the best at their new clubs in returning to form.

And one of our best performed players in the past 3 seasons, in Saad.

Of course, you don't care about facts when it relates to EFC.

Saad is good, but Essendon have made off like bandits with this trade
Mad
I thought Daniher was an injured spud? Certainly hasn't been in our best on-field players in the past 3 years.

According to the B&F we'll lose Saad from our Top-10 B&F players this year.

McKenna was Top-10 in 2019, he's returned to Ireland.

Fantasia & Daniher were last Top-10 in 2017.

So I guess we're losing 2 guys who represented talent, but little-to-no onfield impact in 3 seasons, who I wish all the best at their new clubs in returning to form.

And one of our best performed players in the past 3 seasons, in Saad.

Of course, you don't care about facts when it relates to EFC.
ive never once said Daniher is a spud have stated on numerous posts that when fit is a gun look at the hawks game that’s hard to replace definitely doesn’t happen over night I know kilda has only just replaced Riewoldt now, saad is your best half back and I think you’re underrating how good a player McKenna is that’s a lot to loose in one off season doesn’t matter how much you sugarcoat It

think we overpaid but happy to have him onboard.
Not so sure anymore. This new rule change is a great result for Saad and the Blues. Herald Sun article claiming he is every chance to be the recruit of the year.

The footage of him burning the stationary man on the mark in the middle of the ground and hitting Cripps at FF has to get all Blues excited.

Fast half back flankers stocks have just risen.

Not so sure anymore. This new rule change is a great result for Saad and the Blues. Herald Sun article claiming he is every chance to be the recruit of the year.

The footage of him burning the stationary man on the mark in the middle of the ground and hitting Cripps at FF has to get all Blues excited.

Fast half back flankers stocks have just risen.
Hate to burst your bubble, but the handball receive wasn’t via running past a stationary man on the mark, it was in the flow of play after a bounce down..

Hate to burst your bubble, but the handball receive wasn’t via running past a stationary man on the mark, it was in the flow of play after a bounce down..

He'll still be able to exploit the rule you'd think, he's also good at disposing at the very last second, his kicking isn't perfect and he can just bomb it but if you guys have the structure up field to provide a contest he'll do good things.

He'll still be able to exploit the rule you'd think, he's also good at disposing at the very last second, his kicking isn't perfect and he can just bomb it but if you guys have the structure up field to provide a contest he'll do good things.
Our game plan isn’t built around precise kicking, it is long repeat inside 50s

he suits it perfectly

All goo d- I think you know where i'm coming from. Any mark or free in the centre and every club will be trying lock down on Saad. Big chance he forces the man on the mark to make a movement towards him.

Back