Autopsy Autopsy vs Geelong - Round 5, 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't like the look of him turning his back to Hall, perhaps he was protecting himself, but it meant he wasn't watching where he was going and therefore couldn't evade. It was accidental and late enough that Hall was back on the ground when struck, so I think he should be looked at, and given a fine or perhaps a week seeing as Hall will be missing a game.
Doesnt matter, its footy fukin

Huh?

Mate.

Come on.

You think he jumped, turned midair with his arms outstretched as the ball sailed past him (all part of his elaborate plan to only pretend to smother the ball), to deliberately use the back of his upper arm as a well placed whack to the head?

Seriously.

He obviously read the play of the Turner handball, charged in to smother, and yes turned to avoid the falcon probably but there is no way he conceivably aimed to do what he did.

Only he knows what was going through his mind at the time, and I don't give a toss if he is charged for it (we don't play them next week).

If he turned his body to avoid contact (probably the ball), he still cannoned into the player, even if it was reckless rather than intentional. You'd assume still a down the ground free should have been paid.

Very quickly finding out who we can and can't trust going forward.

We've found players in McKay and Bonar. Concerned about Larkey and Scott.
Larkey needs to be 2nd fiddle. So it’s not really his fault. The sooner we find him a good partner in crime, he will be fine.
agree re Scott. TT also - although I think he will get there, needs to increase his fitness by a lot. Hayden, Mahoney although inexperienced, big question marks on them IMO

20 mins in to final quarter after I think the josh Walker mark or behind goal review. Not sure what exactly was going on but JZ looked to be signalling to the coaches box? Then as soon as it was called a kick in he signalled to everyone to push to the right (far wing on broadcast). Any guesses on what this might have been about? My guess is it was a green light to play aggressively, just that the next 5 minutes didn’t look overly aggressive in ball movement from where I sat.

In real time - looked more of a collision, umps don't have the benefit of multiple replays at slow mo, AND the ump was probably eyes elsewhere (watching the ball to see if it was a goal to call all clear if necessary).
People want to throw out whinges about bias but pretty easy one to miss I'd think. A free missed that was there yes, was it an easily obvious one, no, not if you were in the umps spot.
Dogshit!

There are 3 of them out there and it was plain as day he was struck in the head. In fact it’s irrelevant if there is head contact, as any late contact accidental or not is a clear free.

Not a hard call at, and the fact that 3 useless campaigners can’t even get something that simple right is disgusting.

If that was Selwood or Dangerfield the whistle is being blown before they hit the ground. In fact we gave up a goal last week with Cunnington making contact with Laird after he had got rid of it.

To say that is easy to miss is absolute garbage.

Pretty sure he turned in the air, I'm sure I saw a reverse angle of it in one of the replays.

I'm sure it will get some media attention this week. If he turned in the air then his duty of care could be questioned, similar to a tackle that went wrong.

How the hell does Dumont get a look next week? He hasn’t played a game!

Ffs there is some dumb sh*t being posted up here tonight.

Calm down outrage..... His target has been to play round 6. Best endurance runner in the club. Not sure VFL is appropriate if he’s fit given the cupboard is bare. Has been training for several weeks.

20 mins in to final quarter after I think the josh Walker mark or behind goal review. Not sure what exactly was going on but JZ looked to be signalling to the coaches box? Then as soon as it was called a kick in he signalled to everyone to push to the right (far wing on broadcast). Any guesses on what this might have been about? My guess is it was a green light to play aggressively, just that the next 5 minutes didn’t look overly aggressive in ball movement from where I sat.

I think he’d just caught wind they were paying the mark and needed the boys to provide options on that side of the ground where Walker was taking the kick from.

There is three of them. It wasn’t missed, it was ignored. It was ignored because Hall isn’t Selwood or Dangerfield.

Even the umpires know North are a soft target and won’t receive any scrutiny for how we are umpired.

I saw Cunnington get called for holding the ball when he had no realistic opportunity to get rid of the ball amd the same for Goldstein when he didn’t even have the ball, it was behind him.

Please name one dodgy HTB decision that went against Geelong, I challenge you to just name one?

Also please explain how Parfitt recieves a push in the back decision and shot at goal when not even touched?

We just need to accept we get umpired differently because there is no backlash for poor calls against North.

BEST
Geelong:
Parfitt, Stewart, Henderson, Duncan, Blicavs, Menegola
North Melbourne: Cunnington, Simpkin, Atley, Bonar, Stephenson, Young

Atley named in the bests.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Alright mate, who the fu** do you bring in? Did you watch the VFL match? Give me your replacements.

some of our supporters are genuine nuffies.
A cardboard cutout. I don’t care.

They are not the future, every second of game time they chew up with their fraudulence and ineptitude gets us nowhere.

They are all potatoes, we are better off pumping games into Xerri, McGuinness and Spicer. Ford, Will Walker, anyone returning (we do have 8 best 22 players out currently)

Yep its mostly decision making, even his turnovers arent from a completely butchered kicks. Has pace, appears adaptable to smaller types (perhaps not the super speedster types) or 2nd/3rd talls, good over head, will take on play and technically sound skills. We have a player here imo.
He is great on the move and provided some awesome run today but he is one of the players who stands flat footed and waits for the ball at times. it happened today once or twice that I saw.

A cardboard cutout. I don’t care.

They are not the future, every second of game time they chew up with their fraudulence and ineptitude gets us nowhere.

They are all potatoes, we are better off pumping games into Xerri, McGuinness and Spicer. Ford, Will Walker, anyone returning (we do have 8 best 22 players out currently)
Why send the lambs to slaughter. I have No problem playing campbell

Larkey needs to be 2nd fiddle. So it’s not really his fault. The sooner we find him a good partner in crime, he will be fine.
agree re Scott. TT also - although I think he will get there, needs to increase his fitness by a lot. Hayden, Mahoney although inexperienced, big question marks on them IMO

Concerned about his tank.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back