Preview Round 14, 2021 vs Gold Coast SUNS @ Metricon Stadium, 19/06/21

Remove this Banner Ad

Suns by 9 points in a boilover.

Ken to tell us we gained a truckload of intelligence from the loss, so as to pinpoint areas for improvement on our loooooooong journey towards greatness!

Koch to extend Ken's contract until 2025 (straight after the game).

Ken to tell us we gained a truckload of intelligence from the loss, so as to pinpoint areas for improvement on our loooooooong journey towards greatness!

That would be the end for me

Could happen. Koch will ague poor performances undermine the perception of stability and along with both Collingwood and Carlton (we know it will happen) both looking for coaches we don't want that perception playing out in the media. The best way of maintaining the perception of stability is showing confidence in the coaching group by extending Kens contract.

It's got a 2011 coach killer vibe about this one if we lose.
You’re dreaming, I’m not confident the board would move Hinkley on if we missed the 8. They’d put it down to injuries and give I’m another chance.

There is no chance it happens if we lose this game.

Last edited:

That selection change picks itself.

A truly adventurous experiment would be to play Ladhams in defence on King and play Hayes as a forward/second ruck. Especially as noted we were killed in the air by Geelong at both ends of the ground.

But we all know that won't happen.

A truly adventurous experiment would be to play Ladhams in defence on King and play Hayes as a forward/second ruck. Especially as noted we were killed in the air by Geelong at both ends of the ground.

Hayes not getting a game is a huge disappointment this year

Easy win , we're average not sh*t
We're remarkably consistent. We play like the 6th best team in the AFL every week. Gold Coast are worse than that, so we'll win, but it won't mean anything come finals time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Since Ladhams won't be thrown around, I'm hoping Lienert comes in and goes 3rd man up on a few contests, or marks up on spares.

Suns to come out firing (typical slow Port start) but we will pick the pace and edge to a 3 goal break at the half.
Nothing spectacular, but we will win by 25 points and bank the win.
Bigger test versus the Buddyboys the following week.

Sort of feel we need a wake up loss against some shitty side to stop the club convincing themselves that it's okay to lose to the top 8 sides as long as your WL is fine.
I wish there was a wake up call internally, but I can't see that happening. Especially looking at our draw.

It looks like our next 3 games are very winnable. After that we have some returning players from injury and we have a chance to hit the finals at pace. Problem is, our run home is relatively comfortable, a lot of easy games away and tough ones at home. Pretty much all winnable, with the toughest being Melbourne here in 4 weeks and the Dogs away. So in theory we could win all but 1-2 of these games and finish at something like 16-6, which is a great result and would only serve to vindicate the coaches and avoid them having any wake up call. Meanwhile in the background the ugly monster of the fact we still can't really beat top teams, especially away from home, would still be lurking. Lurking and ready to embarrass us come finals time. At best I see us making a prelim, at worst from here we might go out in straight sets. Though there's always a chance we could finish 5-6 and win a final.

I for one am looking forward to the sugar hit of beating the mighty Gold Coast Suns on Saturday.

The kind of sugar hit that only a Coke Zero can give you.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back