Autopsy Rd 14 Loss: Here comes another one, just like the other one

Who played well for the Blues vs the Giants (Blues supporters only)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Hopefully they now give him & Dow together With Walsh a consistent run in the middle. they may form a good Combo for the rest of the year.
If Martin is going to treat his footy as a fun frolic, may as well have SPS in doing his role too. Sam Ramsay is an option too. At least we will look at Carroll and Kemp before year end too, we need some hope

Also, as good as Harry is, we're too Harry-centric with our entries.

With the amount of effort sides are having to put into defending him, it's criminal that Owies seems to be the only forward who can ever find space for an easy hit-up.

Is it our forward craft, or is it that our mids don't read the play well enough to look for something other than the tallest bloke out there?
Everyone will forget all about this game when Charlie makes his long awaited return. I bet poor Harry cant wait,he's getting double and tripled teamed each week as he seems to be the "go to" guy.

We lifted when he was put in the middle. At least he can kick long penetrating drop punts and take a good grab. He is value as an inside bull.

Earned himself at least a few weeks in the seniors. Surprisingly clean, and won a fair share of clearances.

Might be a little spark for his career - probably his best overall game for the club.

You're welcome to your view...but I don't see players who refuse to chase or refuse to hunt the footy changing with a different coach. These are innate traits. We have been seen as a soft team for years.

This is a fresh new 40 players in the last 5 years. We have been playing like this for 20. There is the issue!!!

We have a game plan and attitude that feels like it's been moulded for VFL not AFL.
Game plan struggled at VFL level . We played a bottom 4 side with the likes of Murphy, SPS, O'Brien, Casboult, Williamson in the team.

Should have lost with the effort we showed the first 2 and a half qtrs.

Just hope this external review puts us in the right direction in all aspects of the club as this club needs a spark and a plan that's implementable.

Our midfield is just not capable of performing at a consistent enough level to give us a chance. Results in crap inside 50s and subsequent quick rebounds due to players caught out of position.

We’re still 2-3 genuine midfielders away from being not s**t.

Crap game. Not sure what anybody gains from Stocker playing deep defence. He’d learn plenty of defensive traits playing William’s role.

MK was solid - play him inside.

Just can't defend that outing. We have contested players, but we persist in wanting to play an open style
Corrct on the first bit.
”we have contested players” um, using tonight as an example, I’d say we have 3. Kennedy, Stocker and Walsh. A contested game style ain’t gonna work with this mob.
They don’t show any inclination to contest, in any fashion.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If they showed half the passion most of us do, we might be ok...

Indeed.

But I would argue it is hardly the players' fault that we have very clearly put a club structure around them that is failing miserably. The impacts of that have destroyed any chance the squad has of generating said passion.

Hopefully we are at the bottom. Suspect we are not.

Of course they do.

But we can't just bin 'em all, can we?

We have more problems than you can poke a stick at, but the players we have are the players we have. Lots of pain to come (hopeful as little as possible), but the constant kicking of the players is absolute rubbish.

And if we're not here to support them, then why are we here?

It’s give and take.. I get behind the players who give everything they’ve got (or close to everything they’ve got). Happy to call out those who don’t (the vast majority atm).

Think that’s the way it should be, and most beneficial for the Club as well.

I’m less concerned about wins and losses than I am about effort.

I agree that the issues are far greater than just the players, but they are part of the whole issue - they deserve almost as much heat as the coaches, the board, the entire football department etc.

But is it an external review, when Sayers is leading it?
Judging by the response of MLG, Lloyd, Liddle… I think Sayers might have ruffled a few feathers by announcing the review. I think he‘s gone against the grain and doing what’s best for the club.

This is also what Sayers has done for a profession. His job was literally to review businesses and he was the head of one of the big 4 accounting firms.

You're welcome to your view...but I don't see players who refuse to chase or refuse to hunt the footy changing with a different coach. These are innate traits. We have been seen as a soft team for years.
It’s a two way street, it’s players that are allowed to get away with this by the coaching department. Where is the accountability

Our skills are deplorable. Not sure if it’s because the players are dog tired after lengthy stints of constantly defending and chasing the opposition when they have the ball, or if they generally have no idea what to do when they get the ball and overthink it.

I notice that whenever we get the ball, our players first reaction is always to try and break a tackle which seldom seems to work and we get crunched.

Summary; we look confused, tired and weak.

Mindful of the fact I will likely come across all preachy...

Get behind the boys or fu** off.

It has been bad for a long long time, but the way some of you carry on is deadset ******* disgraceful.

Weak as piss.

Lol. Great that you can be so positive still, but many of us are mentally exhausted.

It’s give and take.. I get behind the players who give everything they’ve got (or close to everything they’ve got). Happy to call out those who don’t (the vast majority a).

Think that’s the way it should be, and most beneficial for the Club as well.

I’m less concerned about wins and losses than I am about effort.

Fair enough, but I am more convinced by the week that they have been conditioned to dish up this half-arsed crap.

I don't think it is totally Teague's fault, either...the joint is rotten all over.

Back