Review Geelong spifflicate Fremantle by 69 points. - Rnd 18

Remove this Banner Ad

Stanley did very well against ex-falcon Darcy. Dalhouse played a rare good one - bar his kicking which is what it is. Our pressure won us the game. All our mids were good. I agree both Bews and Atkins played well. Kolo is the weakest link - dropped marks and always makes me nervous when he kicks the ball.

Mieirs was good but selfish on one occasion while Close is arguably too unselfish.

Fyffe was a shadow of his usual self and probably shouldn't have played, but then we are missing several key players.

I thought the conditions favoured Dal and Narkle a bit. A dry day at the MCG could find them out.

I haven't seen a replay but I thought Joel pushed his head into the ground at the completion of the tackle.
Quite soft. I’d like to see everyone held to that standard. Would quickly eliminate it from the game. It’s a big Richmond/Hawthorn “unsociable” thing done all the time by those clubs.

but yet some think cant play at this level.

amazing...baffling.... but amazing.

We all get it really wrong sometimes.

Go CAtters
Hey don't let that stop people picking hills to die on.

I think the 2021 total is now 2 shots he handballed off instead of kicking versus 10 2021 goals from 14 games. Clearly "deficient"

It's funny how people see things differently. To me up until he got injured I thought Darcy could not have been more dominant. Until we took control completely I thought he was a chance to single handedly lead them to victory. I have rarely seem one ruckman dominate another more than Darcy did in the first half. He was unstoppable and except for some skill execution would have been the best player on the ground to half time easily.

Glad someone was paying attention.
If he'd kicked those two goals...jeepers. He's actually quite a good kick normally...probably gassed from carrying the other 21

Interesting that Dahlhaus and Higgins who have both been 'managed' in the last couple of weeks cracked in really hard last night. I have been very critical of Higgins but thought last night was his best game for us.

I wonder if the 'management' was a polite omission and a timely kick in the backside for them, or if both were carrying niggles and a week off to freshen up made all the difference?
Fresh meat is good. Hendo & Rohan next week… keep it fresh!

Glad someone was paying attention.
If he'd kicked those two goals...jeepers. He's actually quite a good kick normally...probably gassed from carrying the other 21
Pretty big "if" considering he didn't actually score on either attempt.

Was obviously the dominant player on the ground to half time, but was also clear that he would wear down in the conditions, playing against two very mobile opponents. And for all of his dominance, his team were still down by 7 goals at the break.

Sustained intense pressure from the first bounce and no weak links. We don't often see this but we did last night.

The stat that absolutely amazed me was marks inside 50: 28 - 2, Geelong's way

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sustained intense pressure from the first bounce and no weak links. We don't often see this but we did last night.

The stat that absolutely amazed me was marks inside 50: 28 - 2, Geelong's way
Yes sustained intense pressure. Haven’t seen it since bulldogs home game in 2017. Should we go with 4 smalls for finals? Rohan gets back in, so Higgins will be pushed higher up the ground but that changes the dynamic again. Which forward formula is best for finals? I thought the 4 smalls were collectively best on ground and had good synergy across half forward along with Parfitt.
The 3 headed monster dead?

Yes sustained intense pressure. Haven’t seen it since bulldogs home game in 2017. Should we go with 4 smalls for finals? Rohan gets back in, so Higgins will be pushed higher up the ground but that changes the dynamic again. Which forward formula is best for finals? I thought the 4 smalls were collectively best on ground and had good synergy across half forward along with Parfitt.
The 3-headed monster is Plan A, the 4-smalls is Plan B

No just injured.

That was one of those rare, beautiful games where no one on the team plays poorly. Parfitt deserves a special mention for his match high 10 tackles. He slips under the radar a bit in amongst the gun mids but he was just brutal around the stoppages.
His shoulders are massive

Was good last night. Still only kicked one goal in a thrashing. Maybe he develops into a midfielder?
Yes could be a mid because he has the tank. A bit light. Played wing in S.A. I think, but that could limit his ability to use his more creative in close visionary type game. He has good in tight vision and handballs.
Could even play off half back with his skillset (which I’m not advocating).

The 3-headed monster is Plan A, the 4-smalls is Plan B
Yes I think that’s the way they’ll go. Horses for courses but, I don’t think Jez, Tommy, Sav & Rohan will get a run. Dog hungry small forwards gave us repeat entries.
I like the dog hungry look of the small forwards. Hope they continue to be utilised and the lowering of the eyes continues to be at the forefront of forward entries.

Are we able to keep a top2 position from now on?

If the Dees and Dogs finish top 2 (as they will be at the end of the round barring the biggest upset of the year), it doesn't matter. Will be an MCG qualifying final regardless. What we want is for Brisbane to miss top 2 to eliminate the risk of travel, so far, so good.

If the Dees and Dogs finish top 2 (as they will be at the end of the round barring the biggest upset of the year), it doesn't matter. Will be an MCG qualifying final regardless. What we want is for Brisbane to miss top 2 to eliminate the risk of travel, so far, so good.
And in that sense, I feel dirty suggesting it, but if Richmond could eek out a draw or a 1pt win (no other result), I'll be satisfied.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back