Play Nice Politics # 4 - The madness continues here.....

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
MOD NOTICE

Abusing and/or trolling other posters in this thread will not be tolerated from this point on.

Debate away and continue to have strong opinions, but abusing posters ie calling them idiots/stupid etc or trolling posters by laugh liking their posts will not be tolerated going forward.

Last edited:
Except this is the delta strain which spreads far more rapidly.
600 delta is equal to what amount of the other strain?
Dan registered in the 700’s did he not?
Yeah its considerably more infectious. Its about half way between the original covid strain and chicken pox in terms of contagiousness. NSW Probably should have taken that knowledge and enacted stricter lockdown laws.

Dan never boasted to the rest of the country like Gladys did though did he. Dan and the rest of the state leaders both labor and lib have taken the hard decisions and and have done what the science and health professionals have advised them to do.. who can forget;

"We do it differently in NSW"

"We don’t do lockdowns"

"I have full confidence in the people of Sydney"

"NSW has the best quarantine in the world"

"NSW has the best contract tracing in the country"

"We keep our borders open".

And sorry, but Dan never went out and attacked the other state premiers for closing their borders.. and not surprisingly, her snide remarks and attacks were directed at mostly the labor states even though the sensible liberal states of SA and Tas were even quicker to shut their borders at times….

she’s a partisan shill who tried to play politics with the issue and now after 18 months of good work, and at the final hurdle before the country is vaccinated she has failed miserably and its spreading its way across the entire state of NSW and leaking out into other states.

and the “but this is delta” call is just another cop out. Qld has successfully controlled delta because they went hard and they went early. Victoria wont be far behind.

do you watch her 11 o’clock pressers?.. she gave up weeks ago pretending she was gonna try control this… and she simply refuses to answer any questions. she’s not a leader, she’s utterly failed and people are dying because of it.

Dan never boasted to the rest of the country like Gladys did though did he. Dan and the rest of the state leaders both labor and lib have taken the hard decisions and and have done what the science and health professionals have advised them to do.. who can forget;

"We don’t do lockdowns"

And sorry, but Dan never went out and attacked the other state premiers for closing their borders.. and not surprisingly, her snide remarks and attacks were directed at mostly the labor states even though the sensible liberal states of SA and Tas were even quicker to shut their borders at times….

she’s a partisan shill who tried to play politics with the issue and now after 18 months of good work, and at the final hurdle before the country is vaccinated she has failed miserably and its spreading its way across the entire state of NSW and leaking out into other states.

and the “but this is delta” call is just another cop out. Qld has successfully controlled delta because they went hard and they went early. Victoria wont be far behind.

do you watch her 11 o’clock pressers?.. she gave up weeks ago pretending she was gonna try control this… and she simply refuses to answer any questions. she’s not a leader, she’s utterly failed and people are dying because of it.

Very selective, there is no joy here.

"We don’t do lockdowns"

No I don’t, I’ve got no allegiance to her or any other state premier.
But I reckon Vic is still well a head in the stuff up stakes but NSW is fast catching up.
From memory Dan did have a crack at us last year and then not long after they went down the tube.
Im not suggesting NSW are doing badly due to delta, I’m suggesting 700 cases of the other variant was extremely poor by Vic.

No I don’t, I’ve got no allegiance to her or any other state premier.
But I reckon Vic is still well a head in the stuff up stakes but NSW is fast catching up.
From memory Dan did have a crack at us last year and then not long after they went down the tube.
Im not suggesting NSW are doing badly due to delta, I’m suggesting 700 cases of the other variant was extremely poor by Vic.
I think it's undeniable that Dan ****ed up pretty badly. It was early in the pandemic and he was flying by the seat of his pants. NSW had plenty of time to learn from his mistakes. Delta was a known quantity at that point too in terms of contagiousness. So I see Victoria's mistakes as a combination of mismanagement and ignorance and I see NSW's mistakes as combination of mismanagement and pig-headed arrogance.

My point was that parallel universe predictions about what Trump would have done do not excuse Biden.

I'm sure that your first two points are true, I have no idea about the the third but I am certainly in no position to argue against it. But that doesn't matter, because even if all three are true that is still no defence of what the Biden administration has done here.

In relation to I fail to see what any other leader could or would have done differently - its actually pretty easy to see what a competent administration would have done:

(1) Know that the Afghan army was likely to fail when support was withdrawn.
(2) Evacuate the interpreters and tell the US citizens to leave.

In all honesty, I think there's a fair chance Trump would have stuffed it up. But that doesn't give Biden one millimetre of an excuse. And it completely fails the people who thought they were voting for someone better than Trump.
That's between could/would and should.

Yes, they expected the Afghan Army to collapse - but not anywhere near as fast as it did. On Saturday they still thought they had 6 weeks before Kabul fell, it fell 2 days later. Pretty much nobody expected that to happen.

They should have evacuated the interpreters, and anyone else who provided services to the Allies, at the same time they were evacuating their own personnel. NONE of the Western Allies chose to do this - so being critical of Biden, when nobody else did anything different, seems rather stupid.

I think it's undeniable that Dan f’ed up pretty badly. It was early in the pandemic and he was flying by the seat of his pants. NSW had plenty of time to learn from his mistakes. Delta was a known quantity at that point too in terms of contagiousness. So I see Victoria's mistakes as a combination of mismanagement and ignorance and I see NSW's mistakes as combination of mismanagement and pig-headed arrogance.

All of them are woefully mediocre. They’re a bunch of politicians who’ve never ever been through pressure like this before. They’ve all s**t the bed and have outsourced all decision-making to medical “experts” with narcissistic God-like complexes.

State politics in Australia has never attracted our best and brightest.

All of them are woefully mediocre. They’re a bunch of politicians who’ve never ever been through pressure like this before. They’ve all sh*t the bed and have outsourced all decision-making to medical “experts” with narcissistic God-like complexes.

State politics in Australia has never attracted our best and brightest.
Agree about our leaders being painfully mediocre regardless of their political stripes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Unfortunately NSW are likely to top the maximum daily Victorian covid infections very soon.

Thankfully most vulnerable have been vaccinated which should keep the death rate & seriously ill lower than Victorian numbers... but it's still going to be a complete s**t show thanks to the lack of urgent leadership action early in this outbreak.

This will only be brought back under control once the vast majority are vaccinated than by lockown, which is just slowing the growth of daily cases, which would otherwise be a complete disaster.

"We don’t do lockdowns"

Well, in what context did he say "who would want to go to SA"? ;)

Agreed… he’s not having a crack at them, he’s having a crack at the narrative.
Any clinician or carer of the vulnerable who does not want to get vaccinated really should be looking for a different job.

Fortunately all clinical staff i work with are very pro-covax.

But we all know it won’t just stop at clinicians.
Just get yourself vaccinated & you have nothing to worry about it.

Those without covid passport are likely to have some restrictions, compared to those who have been vaccinated.

Requiring those caring for the sick & vulnerable to be vaccinated is hardly a crime against society... rather it's the right thing to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back