List Mgmt. Contracts. Trades. Draft. 2021 Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Follow link below for contract status of all current players

Like and rate Rotham but defensively not great on player his height/size or bigger. Personally tghink Foley looks more sound on third tall sorta players. Think Rotham needs to be unshackled and told to provide run from defence.

liking the look of a back line run and carry by rotham, foley and Witherden
Personally Cole/ Nelson/ Duggan have been under whelming for some time now!!

I’d just be looking to add a bit off speed/ precision kicking, can Johnson provide this ?

I’d just be looking to add a bit off speed/ precision kicking, can Johnson provide this ?
Nah Duggan when fit and in form has been great for ball movement wise. He looks to take the game on and while his kicking is elite he does land kicks that aren't safe. That said even Cole last year looked great when we seems to be a lot more proactive from defence.

Cole has provided a lot of run and carry from our backline in the last month .
Its almost his directive atm to do that .

Johnson is really quick and has a booming kick but his radar can be off some days .

Yeah agreed Cole has been the one to take the game on-
- run off his man, intercept and keep going
Or
-provide run from behind and launch into the attacking 50

Cole is one I hope we stick with. He does a job without eye popping numbers and on a (presumably) reasonable contract going forward. We'll need those types to afford the top end talent.

Cole and Nelson are serviceable small defenders but if they are our Brodie Smith types off back we are in deep poop.

Witherden has had one shot for goal in two years and drilled it form 60. We need the ball in his hands other than from the defensive goal square.

Winning is better than losing, even if it is boring.

Fremantle never had any credibility until he took over.

Oh I agree but I would hate it if he were to coach WCE.
He would be wrong for us on so many levels.

1. We need a coach that can build a list. RoLy is only capable of taking a built list, wringing it dry, then leaving a bottom 4 rabble behind. We are already there.
2. The game plan of RoLyball is now redundant on so many levels;
a. it requires high rotation and burst speed to maintain the rolling pack. Reduced interchange makes that impossible.
b. Other coaches have worked him out.
c. The 6-6-6 makes a RoLyball setup impossible.
d. It doesn't work with the changes to the kick in rule and the man on the mark rule.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cole and Nelson are serviceable small defenders but if they are our Brodie Smith types off back we are in deep poop.
But its not the lazer kicks doing the damage with this new man on the mark rule .
All teams are doing is

1 mark the ball .

2 player runs past and receives then spots up the next player on a short lead for a 20-25m kick or runs their full 15m and kicks over the zone

3 rinse and repeat

It means you need to have a run past player who has separation on their opponent and the players up field need to be ready to short lead .

The teams that are defending the best are manning up their opponents and stopping the run past .

West coast on the other hand don't man up at all so opposition has infinite run pasts a game under no pressure just slicing up our zone .

Our whole defence was built on making the player kick over the mark then our zone closes and we intercept .

He would be wrong for us on so many levels.

1. We need a coach that can build a list. RoLy is only capable of taking a built list, wringing it dry, then leaving a bottom 4 rabble behind. We are already there.
2. The game plan of RoLyball is now redundant on so many levels;
a. it requires high rotation and burst speed to maintain the rolling pack. Reduced interchange makes that impossible.
b. Other coaches have worked him out.
c. The 6-6-6 makes a RoLyball setup impossible.
d. It doesn't work with the changes to the kick in rule and the man on the mark rule.
Nobody said he would right for us.

Nah Duggan when fit and in form has been great for ball movement wise. He looks to take the game on and while his kicking is elite he does land kicks that aren't safe. That said even Cole last year looked great when we seems to be a lot more proactive from defence.

Duggans kicking is miles away from elite, he can’t en get it passed the man on the mark sometimes.

Fair enough. I'd argue it makes alot of sense for both clubs given their lists imo

Tbh, I'd bite their hand off and run if a straight swap was offered

Both have questions over what role they would play at AFL but at least Brander is physically capable of playing a variety of roles.

Terrible trade. Would you trade a Yeo or Kennedy for Nathan Wilson?

Yeah agreed Cole has been the one to take the game on-
- run off his man, intercept and keep going
Or
-provide run from behind and launch into the attacking 50

Cole would do it more but he’s got a better defensive win ration than Nelson and Withers so plays defensive.

I wouldn’t even talk about our backs unless an elite distributor pops up at one of our picks. Not the major issue with this squad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back