List Mgmt. Contracts. Trades. Draft. 2021 Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Follow link below for contract status of all current players

So what are the chances of us trading for Clark and/or Narkle?
I'm guessing Brander is gone and we need to bolster our midfield so he could be used in a trade.
Obviously we need to roll the dice in the draft with our first two draft picks (possibly first 3) - so

And before anyone lambasts me with anecdotes of how shi! Clark and Narkle are - I would rather discuss this with posters who realise there is no magic Chris Judd option that will fall in our laps without trying out luck in the draft.
Clark and Narkle are not THE ANSWER but they could be an answer and could definitely hustle and displace others in the hunt for midfield minutes.

Would also be epic if Gaff wanted to move on - we cant have him AND Sheed in the same team.
Gaff could hold value for the right team, although sadly not as much value as he did after 2018.

Must admit I am concerned that Kennedy will go around again as I feel it just hinders Allen's progression quite a bit. Got absolutely sick of seeing him down back.

We are a better forward line moving forward with Darling at FF and Allen at CHF, we have decent enough small and medium forwards to cover the rest.

If Kennedy is going around again does that mean Waterman is on the trade table? Maybe he should be anyway.

I'd have also liked to see Witherden replace Hurn for next season, good player who needed more games.

Must admit I am concerned that Kennedy will go around again as I feel it just hinders Allen's progression quite a bit. Got absolutely sick of seeing him down back.

We are a better forward line moving forward with Darling at FF and Allen at CHF, we have decent enough small and medium forwards to cover the rest.

If Kennedy is going around again does that mean Waterman is on the trade table? Maybe he should be anyway.

I'd have also liked to see Witherden replace Hurn for next season, good player who needed more games.
Happy for JK to retire. I do think Allen has been down back to hold up the tide against a failed midfield, but we do need him to develop him as a forward. Waterman should be delisted or hocked at the $2 shop. I have some vague hope for Brander but he makes it hard.
We need to find a big forward for the future as Darling is well undersized and Allen is not a big power forward. The game now calls for one.

Happy for JK to retire. I do think Allen has been down back to hold up the tide against a failed midfield, but we do need him to develop him as a forward. Waterman should be delisted or hocked at the $2 shop. I have some vague hope for Brander but he makes it hard.
We need to find a big forward for the future as Darling is well undersized and Allen is not a big power forward. The game now calls for one.

How dissimilar in size is Allen/Darling compared to Hawkins/Cameron?

One of the big issues I felt we had this season was genuine weakness in our crumbers, defence easily got the ball out once it came to ground and if Ryan went for a fly it didn't really leave anyone to clean up.

How dissimilar in size is Allen/Darling compared to Hawkins/Cameron?

One of the big issues I felt we had this season was genuine weakness in our crumbers, defence easily got the ball out once it came to ground and if Ryan went for a fly it didn't really leave anyone to clean up.

Allen's arms are definitely the shortest of the 4 players mentioned.

Freo likely to have pick 6 and 8. Will be gun shy recruiting Vic Metro kids. Going to put us further back in terms of recruiting the best WA based talent I would have thought.

Obviously we should go best available but the Adam Cerra and Archie Perkins types of this world make me think we too shouldn’t be looking too hard at sooky Vic Metro boys out of Sandringham or Melbourne’s inner south east.

Freo likely to have pick 6 and 8. Will be gun shy recruiting Vic Metro kids. Going to put us further back in terms of recruiting the best WA based talent I would have thought.

Obviously we should go best available but the Adam Cerra and Archie Perkins types of this world make me think we too shouldn’t be looking too hard at sooky Vic Metro boys out of Sandringham or Melbourne’s inner south east.

We’ve been good at avoiding the go-home factor. Judd (dollars), Ebert (strong family connection to Port) and now possibly Brander (lack of opportunity) are the only exceptions.

I don’t think we should be gunshy about taking a Victorian kid if he’s best available, just because the mob down the road can’t hang onto their draftees.

What do people think we could fetch for Brander?I'd like to get a pick around say 38 and package it with 36 for a pick around about pick 18.

So we go to the draft with 10 ,18,29,50 and 65

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thats a lot of coin for a player to miss up to 6-9 months ummm not good at all
We have had terrible luck with our high paid players. Nic Nat signed his big contract to start in 2017 and then missed 24 months over the next 3 years with knee injury.

What do people think we could fetch for Brander?I'd like to get a pick around say 38 and package it with 36 for a pick around about pick 18.

So we go to the draft with 10 ,18,29,50 and 65

That's depressing.

Chipper is shaping up as a very good late pick steal.
Very weird he didn't get the combine invite! He's probably perceived as an outside midfielder, and they are usually perceived as uncontested players. But he's started enough centre bounces and shown he can win the contested footy enough I would've thought.

Great runner, and lovely kick! Strange.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back