List Mgmt. COLLINGWOOD Trade and F/A Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe they should have asked him first.

It's the Treloar to Richmond scenario. Can't wait for Caroline Wilson to infer for the next 2 years that something shonky happened here, when in reality the player just said no.

They're nothing alike based on the eye test and what they do on the field. Balta >>>>>>> Brander.

Love this.
One of the most important quanta.
Miles ahead of the "pub test"

It’s impossible to know, open and closed look identical.

Doing Nothing and Probably waiting to do it all in the Final 30 Minutes when the Fox Footy Trade Period Show Starts

Lets not forget our Forward line has been completely non-functional and void of any KP quality for years now.
YOu can't make that statement with Mihocek in the discussion.
He is easily one of the best 3rd KPF's in the AFL and it is not his fault he has the responsibility he has on his shoulders.

Reckon this Bobby Hill talk is the Trade Radio equivalent of click bait. They want Pies fans to tune in 😕

I agree they know outside of Lynch Leaving we be doing nothing else so they have to keep our Large Supporter Base Listening

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Firstly, the Trickster is not missing any point, I just have a different point of view. What your missing is the nuance of previous conversations.

I've been consistent in that I'm all for getting the best deal possible and not necessarily trading for a win-win situation (think Dodoro or Adelaide). This is what the WB did last year by using their superiority and knowledge of our situation against us, knowing we'd have to get rid of players because of cap pressure and so offered us little in return for Treloar and made us pay a portion of his salary. Poor management on every aspect from our club and I cop that and good on WB for reaming us. If I was their supporter, I'd be laughing.

Fine, great. Never give a sucker an even break. I get all that.

My whole point is for the betterment of our team and based on all that, keep the third rounder we gave WB take Lipinski in PSD (or offer 58 if you want) and move on. We've already traded out from the 2nd round next year, so use 43, possibly another third and get back in so we can improve our list asap.

So what you're missing from my posts is that I'm not blaming the dogs for doing what they did, that's fine but if that is the benchmark then I'm simply saying play the same way and do what's best for our club. Not sure why we acquiesced to give Pick 43.

Pretty clear my stance, trust you understand it.
Speaking of nuances, you say the Dogs reamed us last year with no knowledge of their cap space or draft picks/points situation at that time.
Anyway, this year has no bearing on the trade last year. The trades are unrelated other than the clubs concerned. If you believe we paid overs for the Lip, or didn’t drive the hardest bargain by taking him to the PSD, then hopefully the Dogs will be open to negotiate in our favour in the future.
You are shitty about something we’ll never know the answer to. Could we have grabbed Lipinski for nothing in the PSD? You don’t know if he even would have agreed to that. Maybe the club spoke to his manager and he ruled that out - you simply don’t know. The player and his manager make that decision, not us.
It’s done and dusted, move on and stop getting wound up about the “what if’s” without knowing all of the variables.

This is all up to us, the consumer. We’re the ones who are voting with our dollar about which direction we want the game to go in.

I cringe at the folks who constantly bang on about how it’s all about winning Premierships. Because that approach will ultimately lead to the competition being purely pragmatic - we won’t care about who the players are, or grow any attachment to them, we’ll lose an element of club identity. Easy come easy go. And it won’t lead to winning more Premierships because if it works then all clubs will be doing the same thing.
It is the advertisers who are dictating which way the game goes.
If you think anyone gives a * about consumers:

TAB
Sportsbet
Bet360
Mcdonalds
KFC
Target
Free to air Television programming.
Sky

all the lowest of the lowest quality s**t packaged for the "mediocracy" the general public.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back