Which team out of Adelaide, North and Hawthorn has the better youth?

Which team has the better youth?

• Adelaide

Votes: 315 28.3%
  • Hawthorn

Votes: 335 30.1%
  • North

Votes: 462 41.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

So, the argument about Reeves should be he's the only ruckman to rattle Max gawn in 3 years

Okay you think Mckay is going on to be a better player going forward?

Hence why I selected him before DGB

I’ll take the fact that your nitpicking and that no one from Hawthorn has provided an alternative list, that my order isn’t far off anyone else’s (bar Dommy who would have 10 Hawthorn players on every list, including Cousins).

I’ll take the fact that your nitpicking and that no one from Hawthorn has provided an alternative list, that my order isn’t far off anyone else’s (bar Dommy who would have 10 Hawthorn players on every list, including Cousins).
No that is just the one i think is clearly wrong (imo of course).

Ultimately when you are comparing players who have been in the system for years to rookies that are yet to play a game it is pretty hard to differentiate them.

You think Mckay would be taken ahead of DGB by most clubs in an open draft?
Mate, why bother. It’s clearly a troll.

I started laughing when I read that he had Larkey, Edwards and Comben(😂) in his top 10 talls, but no mention of Lewis(or Jeka) at all. 😂

I started laughing when I read that he had Larkey, Edwards and Comben(😂) in his top 10 talls, but no mention of Lewis(or Jeka) at all. 😂
Our board has hit that dead off season period, figured it could keep me entertained for an hour or so.

Rude, Cousins is clearly no1 on everyones list and everyone should be grateful he told them to delist him.

Still arguing about Reeves? Way I see it, Hawthorns youth is quantity over quality.

This should spice up this thread... If there was a talls draft today, including these three clubs u24 players, this is how it would fall IMO:

Talls

Pick 1 - Thilthorpe
Pick 2 - Larkey
Pick 3 - McKay
Pick 4 - Butts
Pick 5 - Grainger-Barras
Pick 6 - Edwards
Pick 7 - Koschitzke
Pick 8 - Coleman-Jones
Pick 9 - Reeves
Pick 10 - Comben

For fun, I've done a few more:

Midfielders

Pick 1 - Thomas
Pick 2 - Horne-Francis
Pick 3 - Simpkin
Pick 4 - Davies-Uniacke
Pick 5 - Powell
Pick 6 - Phillips
Pick 7 - Schoenberg
Pick 8 - Rachelle
Pick 9 - Ward
Pick 10 - Worpel

Defenders

Pick 1 - Day
Pick 2 - McKay
Pick 3 - Jiath
Pick 4 - Butts
Pick 5 - Grainger-Barras
Pick 6 - Scrimshaw
Pick 7 - Goater
Pick 8 - Sholl
Pick 9 - McAsey
Pick 10 - Perez

Forwards

Pick 1 - Thilthorpe
Pick 2 - Rachelle
Pick 3 - Zurhaar
Pick 4 - Larkey
Pick 5 - Stephenson
Pick 6 - Moore
Pick 7 - Butler
Pick 8 - McHenry
Pick 9 - Fogarty
Pick 10 - Ford
Where's Lewis, he's better than Edwards, Kossie, CCJ and so on. Jeka is arguably the most talented forward on our list so if it's by talent he could be up there.

Powell and Phillips over Worpel? no ty.

Schoenberg aswell even worse.

Ward/Rachelle are similar, can put em either way but Worpel way higher.

Defenders, Day clear no1. McKay is good but if again talent wise, DGB is up there, Scrimshaw, Jiath all probably top 5, abit like North with the mids.

Is it 24 and under or just 23 and under.

Hardwick is 24 so he'd be also easily up the top of defenders (if it's 24 and under.)

You could consider Bramble abit of a HB, Wing, Mid where you can put him as a mid or defender (like you've done Rachelle) and Bramble is def good enough.

Impey is also only 24 and would be in the defenders again (if it's 24 and under.)

Moore > Stephenson as a forward, Butler talent wise i'm fine with, if it's going to be talls aswell, put in Kossie and Lewis (could argue for Jeka based off of talent aswell rofl).

Brockman, if you've included Ford then Brockman is better + on talent arguably better than McHenry.

And so on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Larkey that kicked 40 goals one out in he worst team in the comp as a 22/23 year old? That has kicked more bags of 5 than most of the modern greats at the same age?

You’re right, probably shouldn’t be on the list at all.

As for Mckay vs DGB, im pretty confident that most teams would take the known quantity in 23 year old Mckay vs the unknown of DGB. DGB might turn out a gun, he might turn into Lachy Hansen. Mckay is already a gun and getting better havingnplayed only 37 games and already taking and beating the best key forwards in the comp.

As things stand, north have the best key forward (Larkey), best key defender (Mckay)
and best mid (Simpkin) under 24, than the 2 other clubs.

Where's Lewis, he's better than Edwards, Kossie, CCJ and so on. Jeka is arguably the most talented forward on our list so if it's by talent he could be up there.

Powell and Phillips over Worpel? no ty.

Schoenberg aswell even worse.

Ward/Rachelle are similar, can put em either way but Worpel way higher.

Defenders, Day clear no1. McKay is good but if again talent wise, DGB is up there, Scrimshaw, Jiath all probably top 5, abit like North with the mids.

Is it 24 and under or just 23 and under.

Hardwick is 24 so he'd be also easily up the top of defenders (if it's 24 and under.)

You could consider Bramble abit of a HB, Wing, Mid where you can put him as a mid or defender (like you've done Rachelle) and Bramble is def good enough.

Impey is also only 24 and would be in the defenders again (if it's 24 and under.)

Moore > Stephenson as a forward, Butler talent wise i'm fine with, if it's going to be talls aswell, put in Kossie and Lewis (could argue for Jeka based off of talent aswell rofl).

Brockman, if you've included Ford then Brockman is better + on talent arguably better than McHenry.

And so on.

Wait so you have DGB ahead of McKay even though McKay has performed at a high level (a lot better than Reeves compared to Edwards), yet North supporters shouldn’t rate Edwards clear talent when up against Reeves? Talk about picking and choosing to suit your own narrative.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Wait so you have DGB ahead of McKay even though McKay has performed at a high level (a lot better than Reeves compared to Edwards), yet North supporters can’t rate Edwards clear talent when up against Reeves? Talk about picking and choosing to suit your own narrative.

You cannot read.

I said according to his logic if it's talent based, wouldn't DGB be ahead, or up there with him.

And again the talent gap with Reeves and Edwards isn't as clear as you're making it seem bud.

If it's based off talent, Reeves/Edwards similar, DGB/McKay similar.

If it's based of productivity, Reeves is ahead of Edwards by far, same with McKay and DGB.

Larkey that kicked 40 goals one out in he worst team in the comp as a 22/23 year old? That has kicked more bags of 5 than most of the modern greats at the same age?

As for Mckay vs DGB, im pretty confident that most teams would take the known quantity in 23 year old Mckay vs the unknown of DGB. DGB might turn out a gun, he might turn into Lachy Hansen. Mckay is already a gun and getting better havingnplayed only 37 games and already taking and beating the best key forwards in the comp.

As things stand, north have the best key forward (Larkey), best key defender (Mckay)
Jesus, no one said Larkey wouldn’t be in the list.

But if any of you guys want to be taken seriously you can’t ignore the Hawthorn guy who’s got better averages in pretty much every key stat than him and then put in two more North kids who’ve not even debuted.

Jesus, no one said Larkey wouldn’t be in the list.

But if any of you guys want to be taken seriously you can’t ignore the Hawthorn guy who’s got better averages in pretty much every key stat than him and then put in two more North kids who’ve not even debuted.

1: I didn’t make the list
2: Larkey has kicked nearly double the goals of Lewis and averages more goals per game.
3: he lead a forward line with Tristan Xerri and Tom Campbell as his support, in the bottom placed team and kicked as many goals as Lewis has in his career.
4: Lewis and Kosi are great prospects you can be confident in going forward and one or both could end up better than Larkey
5: Larkey is definitively the best KPF of the 3 teams at present. Mckay is definitively the best KPD and Simpkin the best mid. No sensible argument could be mounted otherwise.

You cannot read.

I said according to his logic if it's talent based, wouldn't DGB be ahead, or up there with him.

And again the talent gap with Reeves and Edwards isn't as clear as you're making it seem bud.

If it's based off talent, Reeves/Edwards similar, DGB/McKay similar.

If it's based of productivity, Reeves is ahead of Edwards by far, same with McKay and DGB.

I find it strange that you sometimes randomly compare players off talent, yet in some instances it’s based off productivity. Which is it? Don’t worry about the posters narrative, what is yours? You seem to be all over the place.

As I said at the very start comparing players like Reeves and Edwards as well as DGB and McKay is irrelevant as they’re at different stages of their careers. One is just starting and the other is 4-5 years in to their career.

1: I didn’t make the list
2: Larkey has kicked nearly double the goals of Lewis and averages more goals per game.
3: he lead a forward line with Tristan Xerri and Tom Campbell as his support, in the bottom placed team and kicked as many goals as Lewis has in his career.
4: Lewis and Kosi are great prospects you can be confident in going forward and one or both could end up better than Larkey
5: Larkey is definitively the best KPF of the 3 teams at present. Mckay is definitively the best KPD and Simpkin the best mid. No sensible argument could be mounted otherwise.
1. No one said you did.
2. He averages a whopping .3 goals a game more, and has had a better run of games without surgery or concussion, with supply from supposedly the much better midfield, but is behind in pretty much every key stat.
4. I’d take the odds that Lewis, Kosi or Jeka could all go passed him.
5. He’s not definitely the best at all, and I doubt there is a recruiter in the land who would select McKay ahead of DGB, but again it’s pretty clear there’s some thick tinted glasses being used in here when players like Edwards, Comben, Ford, Goater and Perez are being thrown up, with only 2 of them having a game to their names while ignoring Brockman and Jeka. The former, having a great debut year for a small forward.

I strongly disagree, McKay looks like he is going to be a very good lock down defender going forward, I don’t think he has close to the potential to change a game that DGB has.

if only there was a grandfather/grandson rule.

honestly, just stupid of 17 clubs to let a 6'10 athlete with good skills slide under their noses like that. a player as good as him shouldn't go in a supplementary rookie draft.

he was fairly raw with but just occasionally he’d show something

1. No one said you did.
2. He averages a whopping .3 goals a game more, and has had a better run of games without surgery or concussion, with supply from supposedly the much better midfield, but is behind in pretty much every key stat.
4. I’d take the odds that Lewis, Kosi or Jeka could all go passed him.
5. He’s not definitely the best at all, and I doubt there is a recruiter in the land who would select McKay ahead of DGB, but again it’s pretty clear there’s some thick tinted glasses being used in here when players like Edwards, Comben, Ford, Goater and Perez are being thrown up, with only 2 of them having a game to their names while ignoring Brockman and Jeka. The former, having a great debut year for a small forward.

I’m taking Edwards, Comben, Ford, Goater & Perez, ahead of Jeka & Brockman.

Comfortably.

The funny but problematic part of quoting those 3 (Simpkin, McKay and Larkey) is that the age parameters set by North supports in these threads keeps going up so that they can continue to be included.

McKay is 24 this week, Simpkin is 24 before another game is played and Larkey shortly after. These guys have had (often much) longer in the system than the players they are being compared to. The 22under22 concept was quickly changed to 23 and under by North supporters in these threads and now it is 24 and under being used. In a few weeks it will have to shift to 25 and under so these guys can still be shown to be more accomplished than their 20/21 year old counterparts. At what point do they get excluded from the discussion about emerging youth and at what point do the parameters remain consistent, regardless of how it reflects on North?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back