VFL Round 11 Collingwood v Gold Coast @ AIA Centre. 11:05am.

Remove this Banner Ad

Cant see a single player in this side that will have a decent AFL career.

That’s a relief, I was already beginning to bemoan our overlooking Toby Murray in the MSrD. Good to know it’s unnecessary hand-wringing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All well, lots of positives to take out of the day. Macrae, Murley and Bianco all played very well, and we hung in against a team with some serious afl talent and considerably better tall players than we had out there. Backline no doubt has some work to do, i hope murphy can hold his afl spot so madgen can play vfl and give these young guys some support.

All well, lots of positives to take out of the day. Macrae, Murley and Bianco all played very well, and we hung in against a team with some serious afl talent and considerably better tall players than we had out there. Backline no doubt has some work to do, i hope murphy can hold his afl spot so madgen can play vfl and give these young guys some support.
Kelly?

GC Suns have 49 AFL players on their list. We have 44. Does anyone know if they have permission to continue with 49 players next year, and if not, how will they manage to cull the list to draft new players?

To be honest I've seen absolutely nothing to get excited about at all there today, again:

Bianco looks a very good VFL player but feels like it's his level.

Brown, meh, cannot influence games

McCrae, another slow start

Murley, a reasonable game, but nowhere near it yet

Poulter, to me he's a class above this level but cruises out on a wing -wasted there. Needs to be played in the guts and told to work harder

Begg tries hard, 8 tackles are a testament to that, but he needs help in the ruck and he needs to start clunking some marks. Another week where he didn't manage a single grab all game.

Kaden Schreiber was almost our best and certainly our most interesting player today, took 9 marks across half-back, who is he?

Kelly took some nice marks down back but too often his ambition far exceeds his ability with ball in hand -NATO be thy name, (Not Another Turn-Over)

Chugg, low single-digit possessions yet again, let's just not go there.

It is easy to get a bit down and pot blokes after a loss, especially when you feel we should have won, but I have been very underwhelmed by our VFL side this year.

Murley had a shocking last quarter, awful decision making

Fair cop, I guess what disappoints me most is it's been the VFL-listed lads that have really shown a lot more than most of our draft kids.
If you were disappointed today with games from Murley in his first year and macrae in his second I can’t help you. Even bianco played well today.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back