Player Watch Josh Rachele - Re-Signed to End of 2029

Remove this Banner Ad

Have to get him back into the team as soon as he is ready. The only benefit of him playing in the SANFL is if we give him stints in the centre to learn the craft. Same for Pedlar and Soligo - should be attending multiple centre bounces each AFL game or fulltime SANFL mids. Changing your midfield setup is how you can quickly swing the momentum of games and score fast - would be nice if our AFL coaches & selectors would realise this.

Have to get him back into the team as soon as he is ready. The only benefit of him playing in the SANFL is if we give him stints in the centre to learn the craft. Same for Pedlar and Soligo - should be attending multiple centre bounces each AFL game or fulltime SANFL mids. Changing your midfield setup is how you can quickly swing the momentum of games and score fast - would be nice if our AFL coaches & selectors would realise this.
I'm actually not against him having a few weeks in the SANFL this year. He has had a good taste of AFL in his rookie year. I think he needs a break from the spotlight and release of some pressure, get back to enjoying his footy again. He looks a shell of the player he was in the first few games.

If he is to get back in the AFL team, I think he needs more opportunity than just being stuck in the forward line permanently, the odd stint on the ball/high forward may help him get some confidence back.

I reckon he's already been Crow'd. Seen the best of him early on and we won't see much more improvement for a couple of years. Seems to be the standard development curve for our young players
Jake Soligo says hi…

Any chance for him to be back in the SANFL this week? What is the word on his fitness?
I can tell you this - Josh has been passed fit to play.
He was ready to play last weekend, but they chose not to play him, suggesting we would give him another week - just in case.
He was fit and available to play this weekend, but we chose not to pick him. We knew he would go another week without a game, but preferred McHenry and Murphy.

I can tell you this - Josh has been passed fit to play.
He was ready to play last weekend, but they chose not to play him, suggesting we would give him another week - just in case.
He was fit and available to play this weekend, but we chose not to pick him. We knew he would go another week without a game, but preferred McHenry and Murphy.

Why didn't he play in the SANFL last weekend if he had been passed fit to play?

Seems to me that the club is being overly cautious with a potential young star. I Fail to see the negative.

Ah the good old AFC.

Have a young player ready to play, but instead choose to continually flog an injured senior player, despite their obvious poor form.

Will we ever learn?

These are your comments regarding Doedee. Why do you want the club to play an obviously limited Rachele?

Why didn't he play in the SANFL last weekend if he had been passed fit to play?

Seems to me that the club is being overly cautious with a potential young star. I Fail to see the negative.

These are your comments regarding Doedee. Why do you want the club to play an obviously limited Rachele?
Rachele was passed fit and they decided to give him an extra week rest. Sure that's ok.
The next week however (V Carlton), we had a choice to pick him for AFL or he missed yet another week (SANFL bye). We chose not to pick him.

Will be very interesting this week. Do we pick him and drop a player after a good performance (unlikely if history is a guide), or does he play SANFL because he has missed so many weeks?

Rachele was passed fit and they decided to give him an extra week rest. Sure that's ok.
The next week however (V Carlton), we had a choice to pick him for AFL or he missed yet another week (SANFL bye). We chose not to pick him.

Will be very interesting this week. Do we pick him and drop a player after a good performance (unlikely if history is a guide), or does he play SANFL because he has missed so many weeks?
Would be shocked if he didn't come back through the SANFL. Doubt there will be any unforced changes this week except maybe Doedee coming back if he's fit.

Seeing how he can't be eligible for SANFL finals, surely Adelaide shuts Rachele down for the year now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maybe thinking he needs conditioning as his training and games haven’t been consistent for ages now

Came into the pre season a bit underdone fitness wise but performed spectacularly early days of season

It’s probably a matter of not setting him up to fail , I think he’s kind of done enough but if his fitness is adequate another couple of games would be good

Not sure he’s afl fit
I'd be happy for Darren Burgess to make his call.

IMO the three games are irrelevant to his career but a specific training block before his holidays might be a good start to next year for him.

Burgess would fully understand Josh's long term physical objectives so, with that in mind, getting his body to it's potential as quickly as possible would help his career and his team. I'm confident in Burgo.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back