Which team out of Adelaide, North and Hawthorn has the better youth?

Which team has the better youth?

• Adelaide

Votes: 315 28.3%
  • Hawthorn

Votes: 335 30.1%
  • North

Votes: 462 41.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking at North from the outside:

Thomas - terrible season. Really expected him to take the next step after his great second half of 2021. Burnt a reasonably early pick in my SC Draft side too, the dawgg. Hopefully he sorts himself out.

CCJ - wasn't sure what to expect, but given he was brought in with a decent pick he's been underwhelming so far.

Stephenson - has looked nothing like the player we saw at the Pies.

Simpkin - on face value has been getting decent numbers, but has been pretty ineffectual. It seems North fans have been upset at him for the majority of the season.

I'd also say Larkey (who I rate) and Zurhaar have not take the next step, but I think that's mostly due to how poor North have been. They've been decent however.

Phillips hasn't had a chance due to illness. Hopefully he's fit and ready for pre-season. JUH has had a decent season for a rookie, it's all the pre-season hype that's made it seem underwhelming. Powell hasn't taken the next step as yet, but it's year two and I think he will develop into a quality player.

On a positive side:

LDU - he has announced himself as a quality high-impact and damaging midfielder. I love watching him play.

McKay - cemented his spot as one of the best KPD's in the league.

Xerri - looks like a very good long-term ruck option to me.

North Melbourne have managed to find another player in Paul Curtis, who’s been impressive despite the limited opportunities. If I was the North Melbourne list manager, I would target key position players in this draft.

North Melbourne have managed to find another player in Paul Curtis, who’s been impressive despite the limited opportunities. If I was the North Melbourne list manager, I would target key position players in this draft.
Not a lot of key position players at the top of this years draft from the rankings I’ve read, would be a waste of a top 2 pick to bring one in.

I don’t think it’s that desperate for them either in the key positions, McKay and Larkey are quality, Xerri looks reasonable and they’ve got heaps of ruck/forwards needing opportunities.

Not a lot of key position players at the top of this years draft from the rankings I’ve read, would be a waste of a top 2 pick to bring one in.

I don’t think it’s that desperate for them either in the key positions, McKay and Larkey are quality, Xerri looks reasonable and they’ve got heaps of ruck/forwards needing opportunities.
Looking at tall players that we'll have for 6+ years...

Our forward stocks consist of:
  • Larkey, established quality but will never be an A grader IMO
  • CCJ, Showed promise as a forward at Richmond to be quality but wants to be a ruck for whatever reason
  • Comben, been injured all the time but I'm becoming increasingly concerned unless he's like Tarrant.

Should probably bring another forward in because those are stocks are skinny.

Ruck stocks:
  • Xerri, showed a lot as a ruck IMO and his target should be that of Nankervis.
  • CCJ, Pretty poor in terms of tap work but has good follow ups for a ruck. Both him and Xerri are still young for rucks.
  • Edwards, raw, still not going to judge but according to draft experts was basically a first round prospect.

Ruck stocks seem fine to me

Defenders:
  • McKay, fast becoming an elite key defender. Averages 6 intercept marks out of all of the games he hasn't been subbed out or been forward this year. Even if you factor these things in he still averages the most intercept marks in the game. Insane.
  • Dawson: Intercepting player and we'll get a taste of what he's like this Sunday. I'm cautiously excited to see what he can bring.

Need at least another KPD, 2 ideally. I'd want to bring in a Petty type that can just shutdown a player since we seem to have enough of these intercepting types if you include the 2 above and Goater.

I've mentioned it on here before but we have struggled to find a decent small forward for ages and Curtis looks really good thus far. We have to draft Busslinger who looks like will go between picks 5-15. I would hope that we can trade back and get 2 picks in this range plus probably something else. Select Busslinger and a key forward /winger in this range hopefully.

Looking at North from the outside:

Thomas - terrible season. Really expected him to take the next step after his great second half of 2021. Burnt a reasonably early pick in my SC Draft side too, the dawgg. Hopefully he sorts himself out.

CCJ - wasn't sure what to expect, but given he was brought in with a decent pick he's been underwhelming so far.

Stephenson - has looked nothing like the player we saw at the Pies.

Simpkin - on face value has been getting decent numbers, but has been pretty ineffectual. It seems North fans have been upset at him for the majority of the season.

I'd also say Larkey (who I rate) and Zurhaar have not take the next step, but I think that's mostly due to how poor North have been. They've been decent however.

Phillips hasn't had a chance due to illness. Hopefully he's fit and ready for pre-season. JUH has had a decent season for a rookie, it's all the pre-season hype that's made it seem underwhelming. Powell hasn't taken the next step as yet, but it's year two and I think he will develop into a quality player.

On a positive side:

LDU - he has announced himself as a quality high-impact and damaging midfielder. I love watching him play.

McKay - cemented his spot as one of the best KPD's in the league.

Xerri - looks like a very good long-term ruck option to me.

Agree with most but I think North have looked a lot better with CCJ than Xerri and that says more about Xerri than CCJ who has been shite.

Interesting how Hawthorns kids go into their shell when their senior players don’t show up.

Are you missing the fact that our best players have been Ward, Blanck, Nash and Morrison?

Senior players have been putrid after Saints put the clamps on the Nuke. LDU didn't even rate a tag against us last week 😂

Yeah they’re doing a great job arent they 🤣 really influencing the game

Let down by senior players. Big boy getting spanked in the ruck. Gunston and Breust invisible.

JOM and TOM have been killing us.

Think the senior fellas have put the cue in the rack so as not to jeopardise our first round pick. Mission accomplished last week after belting the minnows.

Let down by senior players. Big boy getting spanked in the ruck. Gunston and Breust invisible.

Think the senior fellas have put the cue in the rack so as not to jeopardise our first round pick. Mission accomplished last week after belting the minnows.
Yeah exactly & as soon as this happens your kids are nowhere.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We're putting in a Norfesque performance this week. Part of the ups and downs of being a young inconsistent side.

Couldn't imagine playing like this every week though. Especially for two years. Props to those North fans tuning in week in and week out. This is grim viewing.

Mmm yes, Hawks are just losing on purpose.

Junk time performances count when it’s the Hawks?

Hardly junktime when the game is still on the line with five minutes to go. Do try to keep up.

Not a bad effort with two on the bench. Lewis can't catch a break recently. Think we'll have to ice him up and get him cherry ripe for next year.

😂 hilarious

Another great game from Ward.
Newcombe breaking the tag in his 26th game.
Macdonald and Butler very lively.
Moore and Morrison ever reliable.
Nash huge in the first half.
Finn showed two sides of the coin. Shutdown tagger and ball winner in two different halves.

Gee future is looking bright. Not a bad effort with our senior players putting in a poor showing and our key forward injuring himself in the first contest of the game.

Jealousy doesn't look good on you Psicosis 😉

Yeah exactly & as soon as this happens your kids are nowhere.

It was mostly the kids that dragged us back into it in the last. Got within 2 kicks with 5 minutes to go thanks to their efforts. Hardly junktime with that small margin. Junktime is when Saints let North nearly double their pitiful score for the game in the last quarter, and Saints still won by 50+.

Unearthed another in Jeka today. Massive ceiling. Killing it in the VFL at CHB and looked right at home today in a half of footy. Wasn't ready for senior footy in his previous debuts but looking the goods so far.

I'd take him over Comben any day of the week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back