Review Dees v Freo at the Last Chance Saloon: the Good, Bad and Fugly

Remove this Banner Ad

Also need more than one week evidence but I might have to apologise to a couple campaigners for saying Gus had to stay in defence. First time in years our midfield functioned while Oliver was having probably his worst game since his debut season.

The good thing about Gus is that’s 3 totally different positions he can play well… real horses for courses player now and we should use him wherever best suits on any given day.

In fact the way our tall forwards are going might as well give him a go at that too

The good thing about Gus is that’s 3 totally different positions he can play well… real horses for courses player now and we should use him wherever best suits on any given day.

In fact the way our tall forwards are going might as well give him a go at that too
Yeah was thinking he's like our Blicavs lite right now. I really don't even think he was brilliant in midfield just really solid which was perfect.

Got more of a defensive edge than Oliver and Trac too, I'm more for anyone who can get the footy and let Trac roam forward

Solid team effort. Thought Viney had a terrific game, particularly in the first half. Lever/May/Petty all did their thing. Good to see Melk find some form and contribute.

Weid is terrible. Really not sure it’s worth having him out there even if Tmac/BBB can’t go. Give someone else a go (Brown or JVR?).

Solid team effort. Thought Viney had a terrific game, particularly in the first half. Lever/May/Petty all did their thing. Good to see Melk find some form and contribute.

Weid is terrible. Really not sure it’s worth having him out there even if Tmac/BBB can’t go. Give someone else a go (Brown or JVR?).
Weid is like Daniel Jones, does nothing and we could do so much better.

People have said there was nothing in it but I kind of loved seeing Petracca get into Darcy after his little cheap shot. Not the kind of thing I've seen from Petracca much.

People have said there was nothing in it but I kind of loved seeing Petracca get into Darcy after his little cheap shot. Not the kind of thing I've seen from Petracca much.
Boys were fired up and we played better for it.

Fritsch and Ryan getting into each other too - only made slick better and he dobbed that set shot and was very happy about it.

I thought it was ******* hilarious. He looked like someone's mum complaining about a kid playing rough. Christian had his best disappointed face on.

Best part was the way Darcy reacted like Trac had told him "I'm not mad, I'm just disappointed in you."
Looked like my dog when I tell him off for jumping on the couch.

I thought it was embarrassing for him especially when they showed the replay. Gaz and Browny were giving him s**t to his face after the game basically.

Then Oliver was back to his diving ways again.

Im surprised people don't go after them more physically especially Trac

I thought it was embarrassing for him especially when they showed the replay. Gaz and Browny were giving him s**t to his face after the game basically.

Then Oliver was back to his diving ways again.

Im surprised people don't go after them more physically especially Trac
You would think that though, because you’re a silly person

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You would think that though, because you’re a silly person
Imagine having someone give you a slap on the back and you stay down for a minute mid game leaving your team one down then spending the next minute mouthing off like you'd do something instead of concentrating on the game.

Oliver's gonna end his career known as a diver, he will regret that

Imagine having someone give you a slap on the back and you stay down for a minute mid game leaving your team one down then spending the next minute mouthing off like you'd do something instead of concentrating on the game.

Oliver's gonna end his career known as a diver, he will regret that
You’re still silly.

Im legit drunk now though

Honestly, I thought Darcy's reaction was the most embarrassing of that whole exchange. He looked like a frightened little boy – you're 110kg FFS. My man could've sat on Trac and it would've been game over

I put a decent 9 hours in there matey
I did the same Friday night, forgot to eat dinner cause I was a couple sheets to the wind. Been drinking double whiskey or rums on the rocks to avoid the extra tire beer gives ya but those doubles can leave the lights on with no one home after a while

Last edited:
I've only watched the highlights but Fritta's pass to Kozzie for the last goal was unbelievable imo, under pressure and was so calm and nailed it. Also freos scoring in was so slow paced in the particularly in second half, not sure why anyone was worried of a comeback, took 6 minutes in the 3rd to score then 7 in the last, that's 21 minutes between goals.

Honestly, I thought Darcy's reaction was the most embarrassing of that whole exchange. He looked like a frightened little boy – you're 110kg FFS. My man could've sat on Trac and it would've been game over
To be fair Trac is a 100KG ball of muscle. If he was in any way aggressive he'd be absolutely petrifying.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back