Review Dees v Freo at the Last Chance Saloon: the Good, Bad and Fugly

Remove this Banner Ad

We had just as much to play for last week as we did this week. Same with the poor losses to Collingwood and Sydney. They're all big games. We needed to flex against the dogs because we need to win 2 of our last 3 games to get into the top 4.
Give it a ******* rest mate. We just put in our best performance of the season against a top 4 contender and all you wanna do is focus on everything that could go wrong. You literally can't even enjoy it when it's good so why ******* bother. Majority of us wanna enjoy the wins not read you're sooky crap time after time about hypothetical failures.

We had just as much to play for last week as we did this week. Same with the poor losses to Collingwood and Sydney. They're all big games. We needed to flex against the dogs because we need to win 2 of our last 3 games to get into the top 4.
You can’t expect a team that has already achieved it all, in winning a flag, to approach every game with the same level of motivation and form. They’re not all big games, there simply isn’t the same amount at stake in every H&A game. I believe good teams need the big challenges to bring out their best at times.
And if all the internal focus is about peaking at the pointy end of the season, what does that mean for a pre bye game against Collingwood at 10-0?

You can’t expect a team that has already achieved it all, in winning a flag, to approach every game with the same level of motivation and form. They’re not all big games, there simply isn’t the same amount at stake in every H&A game. I believe good teams need the big challenges to bring out their best at times.
And if all the internal focus is about peaking at the pointy end of the season, what does that mean for a pre bye game against Collingwood at 10-0?
disagree. there is just as much at stake in every H&A game. No difference to any of them. They're all worth 4 points.

We're collingwoods bunnies.
Massive week of football for us
Jackson has checked out, everyone can see that.
Gawn looks, well, stuffed. Underdone.

Fritta was selfless when needed and took the game when it required. Never really in doubt, and we didn't put the Cue on the rack at 3q time

Well finish top 2 if not tied with Geelong on top.
Play the same as tonight we best Brisbane and Carlton.

Give it a ******* rest mate. We just put in our best performance of the season against a top 4 contender and all you wanna do is focus on everything that could go wrong. You literally can't even enjoy it when it's good so why ******* bother. Majority of us wanna enjoy the wins not read you're sooky crap time after time about hypothetical failures.
read the thread before raging. I said tonight was our best 4 quarter performance. I was responding to someone who went down the whole 'we win when we need to' bs. It's that very line of thinking that got the dees into this position to begin with.

read the thread before raging. I said tonight was our best 4 quarter performance. I was responding to someone who went down the whole 'we win when we need to' bs. It's that very line of thinking that got the dees into this position to begin with.
You do realize that we don't control the club's performance because of how we post? Like actually you know that right?.

Last edited:
You don't realize that we don't control the club's performance because of how we post? Like actually you know that right?.
The players have admitted in interviews that they've just expected it to happen and intensity has dropped away. Also, when you lose 4 games after leading by 20+ points then it does suggest a level of passivity.

It’s Melbourne or Geelong, Geelong favourites
Funnily enough, how fickle betting agencies are.

Before last night Geelong was into $3 fave and melb were 3.80.

After the game both teams now 3.40

As others have said all year, our best is so much better than anyone else, we just haven't done it consistently. No doubt about it dangerfield would have been watching last night and going "well *"

Funnily enough, how fickle betting agencies are.

Before last night Geelong was into $3 fave and melb were 3.80.

After the game both teams now 3.40

As others have said all year, our best is so much better than anyone else, we just haven't done it consistently. No doubt about it dangerfield would have been watching last night and going "well *"
David King must be running them

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Think anyone with those type of mates would know you're more likely to get into a punch on with them than someone you don't like. They're both over 30, would have patched it up the next day
Waiting for body language experts to say may isn't looking at him so there's tension etc

David King must be running them
I used to enjoy David King until he got so addicted to stats

All of a sudden it became "alright so I did some digging and Melbourne are currently ranked 18th over the last 6 weeks when winning the toss and kicking right of screen when there's a northerly, but furthermore when Steven may sits on the left side of the bus arriving. Big concerns there"

Good

Weid 100% efficiency in the wet is crazy good for a KPF. Kicked more goals than Lobb/Tabener combined.

Kozzy. Looks dangerous again.

Gus. He's a bloody good footballer who can play a role in many positions. Love him.

Petty. Flies under the radar with Lever and May in the side, but that huge effort with a minute to go and game 40pts up sums him up. Stays in defence. Hibberd too gets a mention. Pig is quite possibly my fave Dees player.

Fritta. Owns Optus.

Viney. Been saying it for awhile, but I'm plonking $$ on him to win our b&f

Bad

Oliver. Seemed to give up once Aish had him in control. One of the worst games I've seen him play.

Doggas body language. Says it all. Just looks like he's checked out. I hope he feels like a right royal c*** with all our other stars signing on. GTFO

Ugly

BT commentary. I've had enough of this clown. Gets players names wrong, puts his thoughts and opinions across more than any other commentator and seemingly does zero research. It's embarrassing for the sport having this guy commentate Friday night games. Bring back Eddie..

The best part for me was Steven May using the 🥳 emoji.

WA journo's asking questions about useless ruckman Luke Jackson's health in Goody's presser, oh stfu, not a single question about Lever.

WA journo's asking questions about useless ruckman Luke Jackson's health in Goody's presser, oh stfu, not a single question about Lever.
Would've loved him to troll a bit, 'yeah he's got a degenerative knee issue. Needs a lot off management, mightn't get up next week.'

Would've loved him to troll a bit, 'yeah he's got a degenerative knee issue. Needs a lot off management, mightn't get up next week.'

yea then nek minnut , Peter Bell offers us a 2024 3rd.

Na, well played by Goody, hes fine. COMPLETELY FINE.

no need to change anything as i had as down for a win versus the bulldogs
Annoyed we lost a game we had the opportunities to win but not slitting my wrists. Both sides played well and it was a great game to watch. We moved the ball as well as we have all season and if we can keep that up it won't take much to tighten up our defence. I feel like we're very very close to playing our best footy.

I was the only person on BigFooty saying we were playing close to our best footy last week. Everyone else was complaining that our defensive pressure was down and that we couldn't get to the same level we did last year, laughable. Where are all those posters now? Nowhere to be seen.

It seems like everyone on this board is blind because of their hatred of the Melbourne Football Club and just want to look at the negatives. But it was always clear to me that this side was moving the ball far better and just needed to raise their efforts in a few key areas to get back to their best.

I was the only person on BigFooty saying we were playing close to our best footy last week. Everyone else was complaining that our defensive pressure was down and that we couldn't get to the same level we did last year, laughable. Where are all those posters now? Nowhere to be seen.

It seems like everyone on this board is blind because of their hatred of the Melbourne Football Club and just want to look at the negatives. But it was always clear to me that this side was moving the ball far better and just needed to raise their efforts in a few key areas to get back to their best.
This is spectacular :thumbsu::thumbsu::)

I can't speak on behalf of those people.
i agree that some people are blind because of their hatred but on the flip side most fans are so blinded by their loyalty that they can't even analyse a game, let alone a season. All of a sudden we lose 3 on the trot and people are alarmed despite the horrific form being on show all season long beforehand.

Great win last night. Our best 4 quarter game all season. Now to quote the late Kobe Bryant "what's there to happy about? Job's not finished".

Remove this Banner Ad

Back