Opinion Is this where Carlton drops away?

Are Carlton going to drop away from here?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

12 wins is still more than we have had in a season in a decade.

If we miss finals from here we’ve underachieved, but it’s by the smallest margin.

More disappointing is how little confidence we’ve played with the past month after looking like world beaters in games earlier in the season.

Such a bipolar team.

Kane Cornes has gone whack over Adam Cerra

I'm happy to give a mulligan in his first year but offering up a first round pick, you would hope to be getting more than a good honest AFL role player, or so im told anyway

So, were you right or wrong in your assessment of Richmond in 2016?
It was the same as their own footy manager at the time.
Why is 15 games a benchmark? Did you just pick a random number that Carlton didn't reach this year because it suits your agenda?
The 2013-15 Richmond ship was able to win 15 games, Carlton fan comparison...not mine.
Once again, not comparing them side-by-side, merely pointed out that at the same stage - from 2013-2015 - Richmond were seen as perennial failures, maxing out at EF losses with little scope for improvement; you even said so yourself at the time, did you not? Their own football manager said it too.
Carlton arent at the same stage, they are still like Richmond 2012...yet to qualify let alone earn a home final after 15 wins.

And yes, Richmond had to shake it up post 2016 as they were stale.
Crap teams or just an even comp? I wonder if Pies win the flag this year, and I said it's a crap year, you would agree?
In 2012 had GC and GWS who combined for 5 wins, in 2022 WC and NM could go worse.

Are you being a nuff on purpose? The poster said it's the same ship, which you agreed with.
Yes, same old story at Carlton another limp to the finish line of a H&A season that looked promising back in Rd15.
I pointed out that we made as many changes at the end of 2021 as Richmond did at the end of 2016, to argue that it certainly isn't the same ship; but you've taken it as me comparing the clubs directly? You're either dense or just being very silly.
Why are you trying to compare Carlton with Richmond?

Richmond were a consistent finals team, who had a bad year, reset the off field structure and bounced straight back up to finals.

Collingwood 2022 compares with Richmond, one down year comletely change off field and bounce up to top4.

Carlton fans need to be more realistic in their comparisons, Carlton compares with Gold Coast a club that has been building for a decade but never got anywhere...but both supposedly have elite lists.

Season could end at the tribunal tonight.

I hope they've booked a big enough room to fit in all Carlton's QC's :)

Not sure what to make of Carlton this year, have ranged between looking flag material to bottom four standard. Think their bottom half dozen are quite ordinary.

Season could end at the tribunal tonight.

I hope they've booked a big enough room to fit in all Carlton's QC's :)

Not sure what to make of Carlton this year, have ranged between looking flag material to bottom four standard. Think their bottom half dozen are quite ordinary.
Because they genuinely are. Their best games fluctuate from pretty decent to absolute worst in league levels. Setterfield, Plowman, Newnes etc have very limited scope for impacting games in a positive manner. Unfortunately the only influence they have is the games where they stink it up, the games they play well they are just ordinary and don't make too many mistakes.

We will see how corrupt the AFL runs tonight if thugger Cripps gets off.
Such a sniper in the freo games I've watched.
Pretty happy they all came together to bring Cerra back to.
I think they took a bullet for us

Trent Cotchin says hi

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just when you thought Carlton's season couldn't get more complicated, the two game suspension for Cripps is upheld by the tribunal.

No Cripps the games against the Dees and Pies makes life very difficult. This is quickly turning into mission impossible for the Blues.

Just when you thought Carlton's season couldn't get more complicated, the two game suspension for Cripps is upheld by the tribunal.

No Cripps the games against the Dees and Pies makes life very difficult. This is quickly turning into mission impossible for the Blues.
Zac Fisher v Christian Petracca
Paddy Dow v Clayton Oliver
Adam Cerra v Jack Viney
Sam Walsh v Angus Brayshaw

good or bad laughing GIF by Angie Tribeca

Zac Fisher v Christian Petracca
Paddy Dow v Clayton Oliver
Adam Cerra v Jack Viney
Sam Walsh v Angus Brayshaw

good or bad laughing GIF by Angie Tribeca
Fisher would only be giving up 22kg to Petracca, he'll be right

(Log in to remove this ad.)

they thought the leadership problems at carlton stemmed from the senior coach and appropriately sacked teague. but cripps has been captain since 2019 with the expectation for many of those years that this list had serious finals credentials. now with the team banging on the door of first finals appearance in a long time he gets himself suspended with a stupid and unnecessary act. on the balance of things i think its perfectly reasonable to question his capacity as a leader

Was definitely a stupid move, at no point did it look like he was going for the footy, what the hell was he thinking?
Meh - there's no way he was thinking he was going to knock anyone out.

Back